Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

BlindSite posted:

It's a good point, but he's estimated to be worth something like 250million dollars in his own right. I mean...

Well it's not even just about the money. I can't imagine Brady passing up an opportunity to make an entire season even more about himself than usual.

Can you imagine the broadcasts? Take the Big Ben "family man" word clouds but multiply that by twelve segments every game of every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

I'm thinking Wentz is the Week 1 starter for the Colts next year, but they'll bring in a more credible backup and greatly shorten his leash. And after next season he's gone (barring some kind of massive bounceback), and the Colts do whatever they need to in the draft to get a potential franchise guy.

At the very least they'll have an open competition with Ehlinger. But I expect the Colts will try to get someone else who has previously started to see if they can win the job. Winston or Trubisky or even Foles.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
The intrigue grows in Green Bay...

Not only might Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams be a package deal, but the timing on whether both will return to the Green Bay Packers could happen almost simultaneously.

While Rodgers originally said he would likely have a decision by the time free agency begins, which is March 16, he offered the possibility that it could be even sooner.

If the Packers are going to use the franchise tag on Adams, the All-Pro receiver, they can do so as early as Feb. 22 but no later than March 8. Rodgers has already said he does not want to be part of a rebuild and likely considers anything without Adams to be just that. And likewise for Adams; he would almost certainly prefer to be able to explore his options if Rodgers doesn't return to the Packers.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...t-davante-adams

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Even very rich people love making more money.

A good portion of my adolescence was Dan Marino hawking Isotoner gloves.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CocoaNuts posted:

The intrigue grows in Green Bay...

Not only might Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams be a package deal, but the timing on whether both will return to the Green Bay Packers could happen almost simultaneously.

While Rodgers originally said he would likely have a decision by the time free agency begins, which is March 16, he offered the possibility that it could be even sooner.

If the Packers are going to use the franchise tag on Adams, the All-Pro receiver, they can do so as early as Feb. 22 but no later than March 8. Rodgers has already said he does not want to be part of a rebuild and likely considers anything without Adams to be just that. And likewise for Adams; he would almost certainly prefer to be able to explore his options if Rodgers doesn't return to the Packers.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...t-davante-adams

I can't even fathom what a package deal of Adams and Rodgers would cost - not to mention you'd have to shell out the extension for both.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

BlindSite posted:

I can't even fathom what a package deal of Adams and Rodgers would cost - not to mention you'd have to shell out the extension for both.

This article speculates that Denver will be a landing spot for a whole bunch of Packers.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/aaron-rodgers-davante-adams-luke-getsy-trade-rumors

Regardless of where he winds up, will be interesting how many years Rodgers wants on his deal at age 38.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Even very rich people love making more money.

A good portion of my adolescence was Dan Marino hawking Isotoner gloves.

Doesn't Marino even hawk Isotoner in the first Ace Ventura?

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Blaines time to shine

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Brady retires, Rodgers is traded to Tampa

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

a neat cape posted:

Brady retires, Rodgers is traded to Tampa

Brady unretires, goes to Green Bay. He wins the Super Bowl in his first season tying Rodgers and Favre, undermining their legacies.

Thanks for reading my fanfic.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Shrimpy posted:

Brady unretires, goes to Green Bay. He wins the Super Bowl in his first season tying Rodgers and Favre, undermining their legacies.

This would unironically rule

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

a neat cape posted:

This would unironically rule

the green bay packers winning anything is bad, actually

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shrimpy posted:

I would accept cheating Tom.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jen X posted:

the green bay packers winning anything is bad, actually

At least it would be a funny kind of bad.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

...he then goes on to sign sequential one-year contracts with the remaining 29 teams to win a Superb Owl with each.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

DariusLikewise posted:

I think Brady really wanted to try for back-to-back Superbowls one more time and losing that really leaves him with coming back for one more season to do something he's done 7 times now

I think this is a really good observation.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
The Giants commit to sticking with Daniel Jones. Gonna build an offense around him. Uh huh.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33152834/new-york-giants-trade-deshaun-watson-seek-build-offense-daniel-jones

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

CocoaNuts posted:

The Giants commit to sticking with Daniel Jones. Gonna build an offense around him. Uh huh.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33152834/new-york-giants-trade-deshaun-watson-seek-build-offense-daniel-jones

The good thing about building an offense around one quarterback is that it tends work alright when you put in a different quarterback as well.

I look at this as just bog-standard 'we have confidence in our guy'. They'd be insane not to have doubts, and I"m sure they do, but at the same time Jones is almost definitely their best option for next year anyways. No established QB is going to come to the Giants and the draft is weak too... rolling with Daniel makes sense.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think Schoen was fairly non-committal when asked about his 5th year option though. So that will be more telling about what he thinks of Jones than whatever he says at his intro.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah I mean, I've said it before about Jones in NY. Their team is pretty hosed from top to bottom and there's a lot Daniel Jones does adequately. They're not going to be overly competitive next season anyway - might as well boost his confidence and say he's your guy if you're planning to buff the skill positions on offense and build the lines as well. Plus it kind of makes sense to give your (hopefully) competent incoming coaching staff a year to see if his issues are able to be fixed. If not you can just drop his option and let him go, while making the situation more conducive to being successful with another rookie.

Drafting a QB for the giants in the first round wouldn't exactly do a lot of good considering it's a trash class and they're just so depleted everywhere else.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Welcome aboard the carousel, Tampa Bay! :laugh:

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Jimmy G's bags are packed. The 49ers are even going to help "rehome" him.

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1488631896628072448

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
How many Kirk Cousins is he worth?

Nov 6, 2002

CocoaNuts posted:

Jimmy G's bags are packed. The 49ers are even going to help "rehome" him.

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1488631896628072448

Maybe the Texans can interview him.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I gotta think if Payton was still around he would have been a bit of a boon in new Orleans. If there's one thing Payton can do it's polish a turd and he was pretty successful when Brees' arm strength went from good to turd in his last couple years. Now that he's gone... Trying to think who has decent yard after catch receivers and a good run game? Maybe Denver if they can't go after one of the better guys - but is he that much better than Bridgewater?

I'd take him in Carolina if it meant literally every single draft pick we had was going to go to the offensive line. We don't even have a second or third you could throw in to send though.

Nov 6, 2002

If Jimmy G goes to Tampa it would pretty poetic.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

If Jimmy G goes to Tampa it would pretty poetic.

Why would you wish that on Jimmy?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Why would you wish that on Jimmy?

An embarrassment of riches in the passing game and on the offensive line to a really good head coach isn't exactly mean.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
We all know Aaron has been looking around, but this is a bit of a swerve...

Aaron Rodgers Has Reportedly Purchased Land in Tennessee and is “Open” to Joining the Titans

https://www.egotasticsports.com/aaron-rodgers-has-reportedly-purchased-land-in-tennessee-and-is-open-to-joining-the-titans/

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
An Aaron Rodgers for Tannehill swap makes a lot of sense actually

Nov 6, 2002

But what happens to the shirts??

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that sucks a big one in my opinion. go to the 49ers for a cheap price

Nov 6, 2002

The Packers should trade Rodgers for peanuts to the worst team in the league with no resources or decent players. Just gently caress 'em over.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

The Packers should trade Rodgers for peanuts to the worst team in the league with no resources or decent players. Just gently caress 'em over.

Rodgers could start doing Rogan appearances with that kind of deal

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears already drafted a quarterback

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

the bears already drafted a quarterback

The cardinals drafted Josh Rosen

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it would be cool if the cardinals re-branded as the cardinelles, a 1950s and 1960s black musical group-themed football team taking inspiration from groups such as the marvelettes, the shirelles, or the ronettes. i won't mention the supremes, who are the most famous example of what i'm talking about. afterward, the team would probably go for a really good qb in the draft or trade for one.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Arizona Popes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Not sure why we should take this guy's word...

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/1490304647944413186