Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Takes No Damage posted:

Although a scene where he strips and does a slow 360 so the rest of the team knows he keeps in shape would have been pretty great...

Unless DC hands their entire EU over to Gunn I don't think the 20+ movie MCU franchise has too much to worry about just yet. So far he's the only one who's been able to make their grimdark R rating shtick work.

Honestly, making James Gunn the DC version of Kevin Feige isn't a bad idea. It would be distinct enough in tone from the MCU without being the grimdark Superman vs Batman type franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Relevant Tangent posted:

No, he's not an American citizen.

Natural born American citizen is the requirement.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

After today's Book of Boba Fett, I'm very excited for Peacemaker instead tomorrow.

Can we get James Gunn to do a Star Wars with full creative control next?

I mean, we are getting a Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special from Gunn, which he has said will be influenced by the Star Wars Holiday Special in some ways.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Tunicate posted:

Their agent fired them 5 days before episode 1 of peacemaker came out.

Yeah, and while they knew the song was being used in the show, they had no idea it was for the opening credits. They probably thought it would be in a scene as background for 30 seconds or something.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Tyler Whitney posted:

Yeah, you have to realize the closest acting background analogue (career wise) he has is the Rock. The Rock made it a point of his contract on Hobbs and Shaw that he never be made to look weaker than Statham, so continuity and stunt crews had to choreograph them taking an equal number of punches and hits throughout the movie.

To be fair that is all of the Fast and Furious cast. They have it written into their contracts they can never lose a fight. At worst its a draw with both parties retreating.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

TheSwizzler posted:

They just need to slot Judomaster into all future DCEU projects. No story, no explanation, he just shows up out of nowhere, beats the crap out everyone, gets taken down, tied up, escapes

Make Judomaster the Phil Coulson of the DCEU.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Has anyone theorized that the cow is merely a giant catepillar waiting to turn into a giant butterfly, meaning Peacemaker is going to have to fight an actual Mothra in the last episode?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

He's doing face exercises, that's why his face is so jacked.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I hope we get more Z level villains. Lets have Condiment King and Calendar Man show up. The highest tier person that should show up should be like a 13 year old Robin.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I really enjoyed what looked like a fakeout with the Justice League showing up, but only seeing silhouettes or their backs and then it just staright up being DCEU Barry and Aquaman.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Warbird posted:

It’s the comics business baby, dumber things can and will happen.

She will show up at the beginning of next season with a concussion and a broken clavicle.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Hobo Clown posted:

I'm interested in the idea of a new open in season 2. Merely swap out the characters who aren't returning? Brand new dance? New song? The possibilities are endless but the bar is set pretty high

I don't know, but I hope whatever new version they do has Wig Wam playing it "live" in the background.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I said in another thread he should be given Deadpool 3 but everyone acted like that was the worst idea ever.

Deadpool is as much a creation of Ryan Reynolds (cinematically) as anyone's at this point. Gunn could and would make a great Deadpool, but that would require a lot of cooperation between the two and without a clear leader could be rudderless.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

There is an episode of Doom Patrol where a bunch of man eating butts get free and wreak havoc and its not even the 3rd weirdest thing in the episode. There is also an ton of ghost sex.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Also as others have said, season 2 got turbo hosed by COVID, to the point where it literally ends mid-battle, so don't let that discourage you as season 3 is the strongest.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I didn't realize Kaley was funny because she spent a decade on that terrible sitcom

I didn't think 8 Simple Rules was on that long...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Yeah, i just assumed it was Sean Gunn.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Just open the season with a shot of a skull x-ray and some MRI scans and a doctor saying "wow, you survived all that with only a mild concussion and broken nose!"

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Shazam was fun! It was a huge departure from the Snyder stuff that actually had some colors and charm to it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

Ah, but does it take place in the MoS DCU, the The Flash DCU, the Shazam 2 DCU, the Blue Beetle DCU or the as yet hypothetical new DCU?

Its actually in the MCU now.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

It’s amazing WB just lets Batman do its thing and make gobs of money but they have to step on their dick with every other property. Even the bad Batman movies have some fun stuff in them.

Speaking of, has anyone seen Merry Little Batman? Was thinking of tossing it on when I de-decorate.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

Wasn't Lobo rumored to be the 'fall back' role for Momoa after it was clear the DCCU v1 went belly up?

Although at least unlike Gadot if so he didn't go around telling people he would 'for sure' be brought back.

Mamoa as Lobo is spot on.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Birds of Prey is really good, but I keep forgetting its a DCEU movie, which is actually a good thing. Same way that its tough to remember Shazaam is one too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

As good as Pedro Pascal was in that movie he at least had some room to do his thing. The biggest issue is how donyou cast Kristen Wiig and go out of your way to make her not funny. She had like one scene where she kind of fangirled over Diana and acted awkward, and the rest of the time it was like the kept telling her "do less". This movie should have been like a 90s Batman with the villains going full ham.