Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
One thought I had is that if they wanted to do the whole haunted helmet thing, they could have Flagg haunting it. I would definitely prefer if he actually came back, though.

EDIT: I liked The Suicide Squad but I was really sad that Peacemaker killed Flagg. I do like how last episode connected that to the first time he killed someone. I thought that was a neat bit of character development

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Hah, I noticed that Holland was wearing the same shirt that Rick Flagg wore in The Suicide Squad. Also I just realized that the rabbit (mouse?) figurine on Vigilante's car dashboard is the same mascot as well.

EDIT: Oh, the rabbit/mouse is apparently a James Gunn thing?

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jan 22, 2022

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

:aaa:

What an episode. Really sad about Song but I loved the scene of Butterfly Song seemingly trying to comfort the other detective, knowing what was about to happen.

I hope end of the season reveals that while Peacemaker doesn't want to kill anymore, he'll totally make an exception for evil aliens...and Nazis. :black101:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I like how Peacemaker was originally gonna be the Comedian and DC told Moore "no, invent a new character we have other plans for the charlton characters" and now Peacemaker is so similar to the Comedian

Oh poo poo, I now just realized that "Peacemaker...what a joke..." has layers.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Goff: You see, there is a deadly creature known as Starro the Conqueror, and only we can stop it should it ever come to this pla.... why are you laughing?

I would love if the show out of nowhere brought back Ratcatcher II to deal with the Butterflies

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I quite enjoyed The Emancipation of Harley Quinn, though I only watched it the once so maybe it doesn't hold up? The fact the big climactic battle of the film is effectively an Adam West Batman TV series henchmen fight just with very high production values was great.

Birds of Prey holds up well, IMO. Huntress is the best. One of my favorite moments is right before the final Adam West-esque fight when Huntress flips out and yells that she doesn't have rage issues, and Black Canary reacts with the most amazing "Get a load of this poo poo" expression on her face.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I really loved the use of "House of Pain" during the episode 4 ending montage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/itsnhutle/status/1499525754949750792

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 4, 2022