Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Didn't expect Peacemaker to make me think of Lucy Dacus, but dammit if the combo didn't make this episode hit a little harder than it would've by itself.

Song lyrics, but they're somewhat relevant to a plot point so masking for courtesy.

While you're going to sleep your mind keeps you awake
And it makes your heart beat fast and loud
There's nothing you can do but the only thing you found
Playing Slayer at full volume helps to block it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

PunkBoy posted:

I hope end of the season reveals that while Peacemaker doesn't want to kill anymore, he'll totally make an exception for evil aliens...and Nazis. :black101:

He said as much in his scene with Harcourt.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Justin Credible posted:

Haha how the gently caress is a pro wrestler a better actor than 95% of Hollywood? Pulling off that scene in the vet with the eagle, and he did it acting against nothing or some sort of stand-in. It's hard to picture how many professional actors could pull off the mix convincingly, and at most, what? A handful? It's insane.

He's punching above his presumed weight class, certainly, but let's not get nuts with it.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Only just realised with this post that Peacemaker meant a battery powered fan and not one of these:

I believe he's telling a "this one time" story about using one of those fans as the helmet floats away.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

chitoryu12 posted:

Palm fronds.

Got the general shape right, at least. :eng99:

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Momoa seems like a good sport, and it was part of his cameo in Peacemaker. Seems like fair game if you're a low level entertainment reporter looking to go viral.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Takes No Damage posted:

How about a nice big cup of

e:
Referencing this old macro, not telling you to stfu :shobon:

Haven't seen "macro" in ages.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Watch the first season, read the wiki for the second season, watch the third. A lot of important things are set up in the second season, and the execution of many of those things is pretty great, but the main arc was a bit of a mess even before COVID forced them to shorten the season.

Michelle Gomez is a recurring in the third season. Her plot is great, and she has amazing chemistry with April Bowlby in particular, which makes their scenes together that much more fun.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Professor Beetus posted:

I'm stunned people are suggesting wiki'ing any of Doom Patrol tbh. Even at it's worst it's more creative and entertaining than 90% of the worthless dreck on TV. I would liken it a bit with something like Star Trek TNG, where there are definitely some not great episodes, but even bad episodes have genuinely good character moments because the actors are doing their best and the characters are well-realized.

I love Doom Patrol, but the second season was already gonna be a bit of a slump even before they were affected by COVID.

Also, to be fair, the whole show IS basically about trauma, so I imagine that a lot of people are tired of that (or tired of shows about that--man, there have been a lot recently).

Also, also, the producers recognized pretty quickly that Diane Guerrero is pretty much the best pure actress of the main cast (as Jane and as her alts), so a lot of the show is about her specific trauma, which I'm sure is a lot for people looking for more Peacemaker.

I think everyone should watch Doom Patrol, but if a friend actually wanted a "if you liked Peacemaker" recommendation, I'd point them to Harley Quinn first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
It might be a copyright issue. Like, the same way that studios won't open unsolicited pitches. I don't know if anyone would win in that suit, but it would probably end up in a settlement. Better to avoid the risk at all.