Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I haven't watched the 4th episode yet, but agreed completely that this show is great

John Cena is way, way too good in this role. Him constantly yelling at the Senator to keep giving him more as the guy keeps shocking Vigilante's balls is such a great scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I lost my poo poo at Adabayo walking in to talk to the receptionist and Peacemaker just instantly unloading his shotgun in the face of everyone in the room with no warning.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Is Saigon Kicks the band Vince Neil killed their dummer? Speaking of that Poison is probably the biggest band they mentioned so far isn't it?

That playlist is pretty rockin'. I never knew Hair/glam/cock metal was so deep.
It was until they showed that Peacemaker had the Appetite for Destruction GNR poster in his trailer

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Like I’ve said to other people, this show is Extremely James Gunn, so you need to be cool with that to enjoy it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Economos gets to be show MVP for mowing down an entire troupe of Nazis with a P90

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I would think Adabayo of all people would know that it's not a good idea to cross Amanda Waller like that

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah I don’t think they were lying, but i don’t believe that they would have our interests at heart and Murn knew it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Phylodox posted:

No, sorry, you don’t get a do-over because you hosed up your own planet. If you crash your car, you don’t get to just take mine because “Now I know better, trust me, bro!”
It’s this

They admit that they hosed up their own planet but are just like ‘trust us guys, we’ll do it right this time, we swear!’

They are also perfectly willing to kill scores of innocent people to get what they want so, probably not the best to rely on them to do things

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

VagueRant posted:

I'm down for the internet to fall in love with Song/Goff and want an insane twin reveal in season 2 BUT I do feel like the guy who plays Murn isn't getting enough credit.

"EVERY TIME I TURN AROUND, ONE OF YOU IS DOING SOMETHING hosed UP!" is hands down one of the best cuts/deliveries in the show.
He’s good and he’s going to have a major role in Guardians 3 so we’ll be seeing plenty more of him

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah I don't know why they bothered with the brief Adabayo subplot with her wife, it doesn't go anywhere

But it was so minor that it didn't really take anything away from the show

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm getting very concerned about the future of this show. The new owners of HBO are allegedly going to fold that content into Discovery Plus instead of the other way around. They are also stopping development on a lot of HBO Max's planned content. There was also the news today that they are shelving the mostly finished Batgirl movie and not releasing it at all instead of on HBO Max as planned.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

i am a moron posted:

I don’t follow this kind of stuff, what the gently caress? If S2 doesn’t happen I’ll be so sad
Nobody knows because I’ve never heard of a company buying a media company and then just scorched-earth canceling a ton of their projects

When Disney bought Fox, they still released projects that were already completed.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I would be surprised if Flash comes out

Aquaman 2 will absolutely come out because Heard is not a huge part of the franchise and there’s a big difference between her case and the Ezra Miller nonsense

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Jaxyon posted:

I can't believe that Discovery's leadership is even dumber than Warner's but here we are
Just for confirmation, note the 'franchises' they choose to highlight here

https://twitter.com/azalben/status/1555295932153008129?s=20&t=AgmivNulFDCowZna4kkcRQ

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I would like them to make Guy Fieri into a DC hero though

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I wish this wasn't filmed on a phone from 2005

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

James Gunn laid out his plan for the DCU going forward, and one of the projects is an Amanda Waller-focused series that takes place between Seasons 1 and 2 of Peacemaker and will have some of the characters from Peacemaker in it.

https://www.ign.com/articles/dcu-chapter-one-gods-and-monsters-james-gunn-peter-safran

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Deadpool vs. Peacemaker, coming 2026

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I know we're getting that Penguin series in continuity with The Batman this year, but is anything else coming out on TV for DC?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

I don't think I've seen a single DCU movie outside of the one this show originated from.
I’ve seen that and most of Man of Steel

I didn’t bother with anything else

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Thundercracker posted:

I've watched the movie three times just to show people how bizarre it is and I'm still not sure what Pedro Pascal's deal was. But he absolutely carried that movie as much as he could.

It's very bizarre in every way. Like they wrote the script in one bender session and studio gave no notes and all the millions to make it. I think my favorite stupid thing is that despite taking place in the 80s it has nearly no 80s fan-service. Also the ridiculous WW out runs a armored convey to save some Palestinian kids playing in the middle of the road in front of said massive convoy.
Don't forget the completely incomprehensible 'hero speech' Diana gets at the very end that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Season 2 started shooting today 🧜‍♂️
That's sooner than I expected.