Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

That is 1000% what will happen and I'm cool with that. Bummed about __Soph__ as I did enjoy what little character was there before but this does give them something to do going forward and in theory moves them past token status and Chekhov's bug in a jar won't be denied. Also if anything ever happens to Eagley I will send a strongly worded tweet to Mr. Gunn about how I'm mad about the CGI bird that got hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Mayhaps they’re doing a “we want peace for all” thing and they have to take over and control everything because we’re fuckups of a species and are incapable of it ourselves? Big bad makes some big play of “we both want the same thing” and so on and so forth.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

So what happened there? Was there an 11th out recasting? Freddie has been killing it imo.

Also why do you all keep calling them nazis? It doesn’t bother me, but a bunch of assholes in white hoods led by a White Dragon is klan; unless that’s some DC thing I’m not aware of.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

There’s no way Vigilante makes it out of this alive right? Dude just iced some alien kids and is through and through an utter monster of a person albeit a comedic one that is being steered for what could be argued as good. PM is also a piece of poo poo but seems to want to at least change.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

God in heaven he’s going to use all the new “participants” in the show’s story in a musical number isn’t he? The intro wasn’t enough.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

DC loves a good body count.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

RATT’s Wanted Man seems like a shoo in for the next episode imho.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Peacemaker puts the bug up his dad’s butt.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

We don’t know that wasn’t what was happening with the Grogg wannabe from the bottling plant.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Where is this stuff about all the bugs being a given gender coming from? I don’t recall it coming up.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Huh, completely missed that. Thanks.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Completely besides the point by now, but what editor do you prefer? Bonus points for FOSS as I don't have Adobe money. I could/usually do things in Blender, but I've made gifs that crash windows on more than one occasion by accident and figure I might want to try a purpose built tool.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Open Source Idiom posted:

It's a reference to the thread title's previous incarnation, which was just quoting Peacemaker's Wookie Q-Truth.

P sure it’s referencing the fact that they discussed and strongly denied that ingress by poop chute isn’t something that the bugs will do, meaning that one will absolutely positively go up someone’s bum by the end of this; most likely by the parties strongly denying it for max comedic value.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Wrasslin is just more physical acting than usual hth

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Caesar Saladin posted:

I might be imagining it but it seems like Economos's dyed beard has been growing out over the season and showing the grey.

He stopped dying it after he and PM got buddy buddy after the gorilla incident a couple of episodes back.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Eagly is cool and good and real and is my friend.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Just watched a promotional interview trailer thing on a whim and was mildly surprised to find that Vigilante’s actor is super British. Dude’s a good actor.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Murn bring a different colored butterfly from the ones we've seen seems significant

I took the “he was a warrior” quip to be in part a caste reference to how ants of different job duties will look considerably different to others. Could be nothing though. No idea why he decided to try and escape then and not play dead or attempt anything other than “fly past literally everyone trying to kill you and hope for the best”.

Also the cops he shot didn’t appear to vacate their bugs. I thought that was kind of weird as the rest of the team just sort of stepped by them and ignored the threat of getting Song’d.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

I feel like the cow is sort of a prisoner. Maybe instead of killing it they'll teleport it home. But it seemed like it was in agony.

Hey now, it could be super into BDSM. Wouldn’t put it past this show. :v:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Falukorv posted:

In my head canon, he stole it from aliens.

But yeah, comic book series and all but this is a level beyond being a good tinkerer. In general though im not a fan of the stereotypical "nazis are technological/science geniuses".

I feel you there as you don’t want to go about glorifying the shitbags but that was more or less the case for the source material. Occultism being another common trope with them for the same (albeit far smaller scaled irl) reason.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

TheSwizzler posted:

It's comic book land, there's probably popular superscience magazines with instructions on how to build a pocket dimension

Heck, it could have been installed by the home’s previous owner. “Infinite N-dimensional storage space” would be a great value add when selling your home.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Looks to be a copypasta about confederate veterans from a couple of years back when all the statues started getting torn down tweaked a hair.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Sega 32X posted:

God this show is so great.

I kind of wonder if Eagly is an actual, "normal" eagle. My out-there theory is that both Eagly and Judomaster are some other kind of alien that loves salty snack food (chips/cheetos) that are trying to influence the butterfly wars or something.

Maybe that plays into the super-science poo poo Auggie was able to do.

Or maybe Eagly and Judomaster are just rad and my brain is rotted by a childhood of reading comic books.

Hard to say. Does DC do the whole Kree vs Skrull thing like Marvel?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

My god, it’s a double reverse Checkhov’s butthole. In Soviet Russia, you go in alien butthole.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

HebrewMagic posted:

Yeehaw season 2 better have him kiss kite man on screen

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Kind of surprised that a nation wide man hunt wouldn’t pull in some b tier cape, especially if they’re pinning assassination of a senator on him.

Also what’s the over under on Cena hanging hog in season 2?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Guess they didn’t have enough money to CGI out Cavill’s mustache or Gadot’s problematic views.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

So what was even the point of Judomaster anyway?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Warbird posted:

Mayhaps they’re doing a “we want peace for all” thing and they have to take over and control everything because we’re fuckups of a species and are incapable of it ourselves? Big bad makes some big play of “we both want the same thing” and so on and so forth.

Whelp.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The cow got butterflied, that’s pretty funny.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

It’s the comics business baby, dumber things can and will happen.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Where was the 100 year lifespan of the cow mentioned? I missed that one.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Someone mentioned that the Cheeto pervert was skulking around in the opening before he pops out of the floor at the end. I’ve watched it a couple of times watching for it, but haven’t been able to spot him this far. Does anyone have a screenshot or timestamp of him peeking out?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

Kind of weird that Adebayo’s wife is so prominent in the opening titles when she was barely in the show, never even met Peacemaker or any of the rest of the crew, and was basically just a plot device for Adebayo.

I was just thinking about that. She, the janitor dude, and the weird old guy have about the same amount of screen time/lines.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

jabby posted:

The only reason he thought that way before was because the only person he cared for was already dead.

I will not permit any attacks against the best boy/bird and character in the show. Apologize to the eagle.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Well now I hate the show. gently caress Gunn for making this possible.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Did Flagg give any indication in meeting PM before in the Suicide Squad movie? Given how often they flash back to how that all ended and how tore up he is I’m starting to wonder if they may have been a bit more than teammates on previous missions. Probably just reading into nothing though.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Wait is that why he was on the eat poo poo team? I thought they were doing some reboot thing. Didn’t Boomerang get merc’d in the first one too?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

One wonders if the success of Peacemaker will prompt Disney to let the Deadpool team out of whatever basement they’ve been locked in for a bit now.

poo poo, what if they finally let the goddamn The Goon movie happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh right right, I forgot they were trying to shore up the Fox stuff in that. I’ll have to make a not to give it a watch if the streaming situation isn’t bonkers like Spodermanz.