Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Takes No Damage posted:

In one of the TSS bonus clips on HBOMax he said that he just Googled a list of the dumbest DC villains when deciding who to put in that movie, that's how Polka Dot Man got in there. I'm not super into comics so I'm constantly amused/amazed at what insane bullshit constitutes a superhero/villain once you get past the top dozen or so characters everyone's heard about.

Ever since Arms-Fall-Off Boy showed up in Suicide Squad, I’ve really been pulling for Matter Eater Lad to be the next big thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

D-Pad posted:

Yeah that was hosed but you also don't expect a beefcake wrestler like him to speak fluent Mandarin, be really good at playing the piano, and have his acting chops. Dude is awesome and he's definitely got a Rock-like career ahead of him.

I think it's been really interesting watching the way his and the Rock's careers have diverged post-wrasslin.

The Rock is so loving protective of his personal brand it's actually kind a hindrance to his career (and seemingly his life), whereas John Cena seems to give zero shits about doing things that would make look like a fool or an rear end in a top hat. He takes huge loving swings.

It's like the (largely mythical) thing about the Rock and Vin Diesel having riders in their F&F contracts saying that they couldn't get their asses kicked, and then you compare that to John Cena getting thrown through a wall in his tighty whities and then weeping openly.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 3, 2022

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

My fervent hope is that the major of the butterflies are good dudes and that a minor plot point of the remainder of the series is the Evergreen Police Department being polite, professional and not racist.

I mean they just loving murder-flied an entire police department and correctional facility. I don't think they are chill dudes. Also, I'm pretty sure that whole sequence is just so the rest of the series can have an insane, Tromaesque body count,

I really, really want to know what the gently caress was up with Locke. At first I assumed he was a butterfly on Murn's side but this episode shows that he wasn't. I guess he could have just been one of human Murn's former contacts, but his behavior was loving bizarre.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Warbird posted:

So what was even the point of Judomaster anyway?

The narrative needed someone who wasn't a butterfly to plant the seed early on that the butterflies were (sort of?) benevolent in order for Peacemaker's final decision to have any impact, and given the nature of the conspiracy that could only be a willing and informed human lackey.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

It’s very much a morally grey ending.

Ehh.

The very first thing, THE VERY FIRST THING, the butterflies did when they got to Earth was massacre a poo poo ton of unknowing and blameless humans. Like, as horrifying as the scene where Vigilante whistles as he snipes Goff's kids, we now know that those kids were murdered, cored-out meat suits for a couple of butterflies; however abstractly noble their ultimate goals, the butterflies were starting from a sub-Vigilante level of ethics. Nothing good would have possibly come from their plan.

*Puts on his "Peacemaker Did Nothing Wrong" t-shirt*

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

Kind of weird that Adebayo’s wife is so prominent in the opening titles when she was barely in the show, never even met Peacemaker or any of the rest of the crew, and was basically just a plot device for Adebayo.

Because of this I was super worried that she was going to get secretly butterflied in a tweeeeest ending, and I'm very glad to be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I put the first episode of Doom Patrol on the other day for a few minutes and I guess I have to be in the right frame of mind because the narration turned me off almost immediately. I will give it another shot.
If it were anyone but Alan Tudyk doing the obnoxious narration I would have rolled my eyes out of my head and quit Doom Patrol after the first episode, but he's just so good at being a smarmy jackass. :allears: