Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

What if everyone's stone-faced puppet-like dancing is foreshadowing that they're all butterflies? :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Fred Tatasciore was pretty great as Hit-Monkey

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

'Fennel Fields' (i googled it) which I guess might be more of an Olive Garden equivalent????

Also I guess one factor in Vigilante's performance is that they reshot all his scenes for the first five and a half episodes so James Gunn ended up directing all the Vigilante stuff we've seen so far

Who was the original Vigilante and what did he do that it was worth going through the effort of reshooting every scene he's in?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I liked that guy in Patriot, but he's definitely got a calmer vibe in that than what Freddie Stroma brings to PM. He's also 7 years older than Cena and I think Vigilante works better with an annoying kid brother dynamic.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Watching how people get butterflied and then remembering Goff's kids :gonk:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The butterflies cherish the environment with all their heart. They don't care how many men, women, and children they need to brain mulch to save it.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I was surprised, but also happy, that the nazis got hosed up like immediately. I was a little worried they would stick around forever as this sort of B-side villain. Economos always getting the drop on people.

Yeah at first I thought they should've posed more of a threat but then I thought gently caress em, I'm glad they're being portrayed as fools.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The rest were all in the police lockup, weren't they? Gonna see helmets fighting helmets

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Everyone posted:

Judomaster is another alien but his only food source is Cheetos.

Can't wait to see THAT cow

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Ehh.

The very first thing, THE VERY FIRST THING, the butterflies did when they got to Earth was massacre a poo poo ton of unknowing and blameless humans. Like, as horrifying as the scene where Vigilante whistles as he snipes Goff's kids, we now know that those kids were murdered, cored-out meat suits for a couple of butterflies; however abstractly noble their ultimate goals, the butterflies were starting from a sub-Vigilante level of ethics. Nothing good would have possibly come from their plan.

*Puts on his "Peacemaker Did Nothing Wrong" t-shirt*

"We destroyed our own homeworld with our own bad management, and that's why we should be the ones making all the decisions on this planet even if it means we have to gruesomely murder a bunch of innocents to do so."

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Do we know if the cow squeezings have an expiration date? If Goff is the only butterfly left they could presumably last a while on the existing barrels as Peacemaker's second favorite non-verbal animal sidekick.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I'm interested in the idea of a new open in season 2. Merely swap out the characters who aren't returning? Brand new dance? New song? The possibilities are endless but the bar is set pretty high

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Khanstant posted:

Not actually sure what happened to levitation helmet now that I think about it, found it while he was dealing with his Dark Passenger but never got used?

Ghost Dad helped him find the sonic boom helmet that Eagley dropped. Levitation helmet floated up into the atmosphere and probably floats there still

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

i am a moron posted:

Okay so I picked up that Peacemaker was bi when his dad said ‘and MEN’ during his monologue and read an article about it, but did I miss something in the show where they explicitly said anything about that?

I don't think it's ever overtly expressed in the show but after that episode confirmed it, James Gunn said it was Cena's idea and they ran with it

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

90 Day Fiance Universe :psypop:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

At this point I dunno why they don't just replace him but I suppose there's no one Better Than Ezra :v:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I'm sure there will be a silly comic book explanation but isn't Peacemaker solidly in the original DCU?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Grendels Dad posted:

Nothing really ties him to it. It's not like he couldn't mean whoever is the new Superman when he talks about their scat fetish.

I guess there are the cameos at the end of the first season but... *makes fart noise*

The first Suicide Squad had Batfleck in it, I can't remember if the second was meant as a soft reset. But you're right that the Peacemaker show isn't tied to any grander plots so I guess it can live off in its own little continuity.

Four years of DC & WB though... I'll be skeptical a second season is happening up until I'm seeing the new Wigwam open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Tristesse posted:

Sorry kid with rear end cancer. Isn't the truth beautiful enough for you?

Man that movie that such hot garbage.

Wiig's character gaining powers and brutally beating a man attempting to assault her = villain turn, ominous music

Diana setting free the random guy whose consciousness was forcibly taken over by her dead boyfriend = the ultimate hero sacrifice

Just bizarre decisions all around