Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Economos cementing his MVP status

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
And even if they did work it out, what then? I doubt any group that has collectively decided that hollowing out the heads of random people and piloting them like meat robots is an acceptable moral compromise is suddenly going to go "okay planet's saved let's live in harmony". More than likely the butterflies become the new ruling class and humanity gets babied for the rest of its existence, while any dissenters get sent to a literal farm upstate. Have to maintain that peace!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
And really we need to put quotes around "no powers" since we're definitely in the Batman territory where Peacemaker and Vigilante are so good at loving people up it might as well count as a superpower

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

the wildest thing about these is stroma's fake accent doesn't drop even when he fucks up

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The way Gunn put it on twitter, that Vig has a knack for just looking at someone and instinctively figuring out how to kill them without consciously even realizing it, really makes me think that has a definite impact on his mentality

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Khanstant posted:

You know wrestling is fake, right? They use footage from videogames and deepfake the wrestlers over it so you can't tell the difference.

it's true

https://i.imgur.com/y3h4SGi.mp4

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
You guys are very optimistically believing season 2 is still happening

Given WB seems intent on killing all of its scripted HBO Max content, I'm not sure.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gangringo posted:

The DC universe never should have existed. I'm not that into comics, but my understanding is that the real strength of DC comics versus Marvel was their willingness to give creative artists a chance to use existing characters to tell stories that weren't necessarily canon to continuity.

This was never the case.

In fact DC's decline in sales and popularity happened in the 60's when Marvel came into being and caught on with having ongoing continuity-based stories and DC kept sticking to "what if Superman married a gorilla" one-offs long after it was clear that's not what the audience wanted.

If you mean prestige series made by a specific creative team that lack continuity like The Dark Night Rises or Kingdom Come then Marvel does those too. It's not much of a distinction.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Makes sense. Peacemaker S1 was filmed concurrently with The Suicide Squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

howe_sam posted:

No they weren't. TSS was filmed pre-Covid.

Oh yeah you're right. What the gently caress was I thinking?