Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Fartington Butts posted:

It seems unlikely, but I wonder if the * klansmen * will end up being resistant to immediate butterflying because their mouths are covered.

Checkhov's butthole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Vintersorg posted:

The Bautista erasure above is disgusting! He’s the #1 wrestler turned actor since he’s not just one note like a the Rock. Not to take away from Cena but he’s nowhere near the range of Bautista.

Bautista is fantastic and a much better actor than Dwayne. And so is Cena apparently.

text editor posted:

I'm gonna go further on this prediction: Murn, who we now know is/was a butterfly, was the one who angrily insisted that they don't go up butts during the orifice powerpoint slide scene, will be the one to crawl up white dragon's butt after dragon impulsively hate-crimes Murn since he can't go in the mouth because of anti-scabies tech. that butterfly will use the nazi power armor to fight the cops/nazi horde. Final scene will be peacemaker and butterfly father trying to be father/son

bonus bit - dying/maimed de-butterflied Murn does some Darth-Vader-dying-on-Death-Star-esque "you we're right about me/I can change/there is good in me" moment, a callback to what butterfly said about Murn, with some character noting the similarity

Very plausible. There are some weak points in that armor after all.

Mover posted:

I want Goff’s favorite color to be an important plot point later on. Like they need to figure out which car or notebook belongs to him. If only they had the time to ask…

Like the aliens from Mars Attacks but instead of music it's color.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Khanstant posted:

Is there any reason to oppose the butterflies? Only reason I can see is if you're already some kind of radical pro-human activist or something. Don't know much about the butterflies yet besides they have as much right to be here as us and that on the surface they seem much less environmentally evil than humanity. One cow thing to feed them all, doesn't seem to drain the Earth in the process like when we feed off of it. Murn seems like the badguy, wanting to do a genocide essentially. Just hard to find reasons to be against the butterflies if you're not a human exceptionalist.

I don't know how you could watch the scene of them taking over the police station and not come to the conclusion that the butterflies seem to be pretty evil. At least this faction.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Khanstant posted:

If you had to

Really the butterflies don't have to take over anyone at all. They can breathe the air, they can live and fly in 1 G, their high tech society is still functioning (spaceships, they have their own networks apparently connected to our internet, whatever this "cow" is). No one even knew they were there until they started taking over people.

Even if you seriously believe they needed the local cops for some reason, the captain would've been enough. Also, what about the people in the jail? Are they all "guilty" too?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Can Clark Kent run for president? (legally)

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I don't think aliens are rare in the DC universe.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Tiberius Christ posted:

even as someone as enlightened and understanding as Capt Picard would immediately start blasting away any bugs hijacking a person, not sure what judomaster can even say at this point that would convince anyone

peace-sign-jar.gif

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Rhyno posted:

At one point in Superman's history he was born on Earth. He gestated in an artificial womb that didn't open until his landed in Kansas. This lead to a then-alternate future where Superman ran for and became President.

That's a comic book loophole/logic alright. Just have the ship be an artificial womb.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Rhyno posted:

They go to court over it in the book. It's very silly.

:allears:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Mulva posted:

Don't be silly.

He and a male butterfly had sex with a corpse. It's totally different.

:yikes:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

It's important to swing the hips.

When you're drying, especially.

post credits :hmmyes:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I like that the first thing Judomaster has apparently done after escaping was to go and eat some cheetos. Priorities.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

VagueRant posted:

D-did Adebayo taser him to death? I'm still kinda thrown by him surviving getting shot in the heart, and after that he totally disappeared from this episode. Really seemed like they were building to him joining the team by his 'they're not what you think' and kicking the crap out of guys you were happy to see get the crap kicked out of them.

Judomaster is the toughest bastard on the show. No way is he dead.

Fartington Butts posted:

Make sure y'all ain't skipping the after credits scene on that one.

Servaetes posted:

I feel like there's just hours of Locke's actor either in character or not just ad libbing weird poo poo to say that they had to sift out what to keep and what to leave

That guy is amazing and I'd like to watch everything they shot with him. This episode's post credits scene and the one from the sixth episode are incredibly good.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The cop in the background on the right was having such a hard time trying to keep a straight face.

I guess he was home when the butterflies took over the place.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Looking forward for the Judomaster appearances in the Harley Quinn animated show.

i am a moron posted:

Idk what metrics you judge an actor by that are more important than ‘makes me feel stuff’

That's pretty much it, I think.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

AgentHaiTo posted:

So what is the tube? It's not like they have a long tube outside the human body. Are they hijacking the esophagus and using it like a giant straw? That's horrifying.

Maybe? The one in the jar just ate with her hands, right? When she was in the senator she ate like everybody else.

Edit: wondering about comic book alien anatomy itt

itry
Aug 23, 2019

An unusual light fixture for sure. Also they aren't on. Maybe they were put there by the production as a weird gag?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Rhyno posted:

No obviously they have to fight the triple-boob woman from Total Recall in the next episode.

No, no. It's teats. Like a space-cow's.

theflyingexecutive posted:

It's almost certainly just an awkwardly renovated location (note the awful wall framed below the drop ceiling, gross) and the dp told the production designer they wouldn't see the ceiling during the tech scout. I'd have more questions if that scene was shot on a stage. There's also not a ton of reason to mess with clashing color temperatures when you're blasting 12Ks through the windows already.

Likelier. I was just going along with the premise.

itry fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 16, 2022

itry
Aug 23, 2019

:hellyeah:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Some pretty good stunts in that farm fight. Vigilante has to have some regenerative powers, right?

chitoryu12 posted:

I’m also really happy that despite all the jokes, Economos and Adebayo truly got chances to step up in dangerous situations throughout the show. The “cowardly inexperienced fat back room” character stereotype is still hardcore when the chips are down, even if they’re down to a crawl.

Takes No Damage posted:

Love how what could have been a one-off jokey reference to the actor not wanting to dye his beard for the movie turned into this season-long character arc with a proper payoff and everything.
:hmmyes:

Yeah that was pretty refreshing overall. Adebayo turned out to be terrible and pretty great at the same time. Very two faced.
Economos' monologue was really sad. And then he went back to his underpaid work at what looked like a terrible basement. :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

That menacing smile that Robert Patrick had on in the final scene :ohdear:
A really loving weird vignette there. Peacemaker having a beer alongside ghost-dad, Goff's last meal, a dead squirrel, and a suspiciously clever eagle.

CODChimera posted:

yeah just a great ending to a great season. was very glad that the judomaster arc paid off
Him cry eating cheetos was such an absurd scene.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

thrawn527 posted:

Fun person for them to fight that wasn't just another Butterfly to mix things up, and prove that the Butterflies can just reason with people. Also, he was entertaining in his own right. And I'm sure he'll be back and pissed next season.

My question is, how the gently caress is he still alive? They never really explained that, and I was expecting them to. I guess he's just another super of some kind, but I thought it was going to at least come up.

Those ninjas are just really resilient, man. They can move their organs around and stuff.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

thrawn527 posted:

What's this about Auggie being the "first helmet ghost"? Like, I know he's a figment of Peacemaker's mind, but are you saying he's a projection of a helmet or something?

I am often very dumb, I should note.

It's an unforseen interaction between the Sonic Boom helmet's Alexa and his smart neck bomb. It got out and is living inside his brain stem now.

Edit: Stuff that actually happened on screen; ghost dad appeared at the spot the helmet got dropped on.

Edit2:

Crusader posted:

it’s from the comics
oh

itry fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 17, 2022

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Hobo Clown posted:

Do we know if the cow squeezings have an expiration date? If Goff is the only butterfly left they could presumably last a while on the existing barrels as Peacemaker's second favorite non-verbal animal sidekick.
I guess she could keep on living on some of what was left, but there are other butterflies other than the ones that were present on that field (all over the world probably). It'll probably take weeks, but they're all going to starve. Unless they somehow find or create a new food source. Or go back home I guess.

itry fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 18, 2022

itry
Aug 23, 2019

theflyingexecutive posted:

Murn said he was the only one who didn't go along with it.

Nevermind. I remembered her saying "...his faction won't be able to stop us" (episode 7), but it was "his outfit" and she was talking about Peacemaker and friends.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

jabby posted:

Yeah, I mean they stay pretty much true to the movie in that his aim is perfect, and he's an expert in all weapons.

It does make me wonder though, with the whole "smaller bullet" thing in Suicide Squad, did that scene imply they BOTH had superpowered aiming skills to hit each others bullets, or was only Bloodsport aiming to do that so it's actually just him that has Deadshot-level impossible skill and Peacemaker is just really good?

It's possible they just mirrored each other, aiming at the same place, because the movie (Waller) presented them as basically the same character. But since Bloodsport came on top at the end I think it's safe to say that the movie established him as the (slightly?) better marksman.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I think Murn was determined to start experiencing human life/culture after he decided to basically commit suicide by starvation. That's what all of the talk about emotions and him watching cartoons was about. The rest of the butterflies we get to see looked down on humanity. Well, except maybe the one in the first episode. Or in other words...

Tunicate posted:

Perhaps the butterflies would have been successful if - instead of attempting an autocratic takeover and acting as literal parasites upon the working class- they had joined forces with humanity as equals to usher in a dictatorship of the proletariat.

Sadly their bourgeois nature - exemplified by their disdain for measures which would improve the lives of the general populace (populism) was their downfall, and caused the deaths of hundreds of innocents and also some cops.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

LordThorn posted:

Certainly I would hope the butterflies appearing and saying publicly after getting out of their little spaceships, hey we blew up our planet with climate change maybe you stop doing that would have been as effective as their possess one senator plan [we are if I recall correctly never given an indication of political affiliation or ideology - the butterflies possesing people and turning them into moderate corporate dems would've been a good joke actually ]- also I guess there's still a shitton of them if we go by the map in that one episode.

It's been a while, but I think that's the plot of BrainDead.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Everyone posted:

I think it's more that Murn was seeking validation of his decision. I mean, it's not just suicide. Murn is going to exterminate his entire species through a slow, ugly death by starvation. So he's watching human TV programs with the idea that "These people, this culture really is worth me doing this horrific thing to myself and everyone I ever knew from my homeworld, right?"

That was probably part of it. Yeah, obviously it's not just his death that he's been contemplating, but also his entire species'. But seems to me he also saw the expressing of emotions as a good thing, since he was making a point of practicing it.

pile of brown posted:

The one thing I would have liked to see addressed (and god help me if it was and I missed it) but what was the butterfly life cycle on their planet? They've apparently evolved as intelligent parasites, but also have spacecraft for their nonhosted selves. Were their original hosts intelligent or not? It would be completely insane if they discovered their ability to burrow into a beings brain and access their memories and body and replace the functional brain by happenstance upon reaching earth

Everyone posted:

Well they apparently flew to Earth in tiny butterfly-sized space ships. So whatever hosts they had on their home world probably couldn't survive on Earth.

Who knows, but that cow is probably genetically related to them, since that's the only thing they can eat apparently.

It's possible that in their planet it's not at all taboo to take a meat suit for a ride (sentient or not). So if they ever really had a need for hosts, it was probably long before their industrial revolution equivalent.

Edit: I wonder what the cow eats :catstare:

itry fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Feb 20, 2022

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Thundercracker posted:

It's kinda on brand for him? Like the first thing he does after killing the first butterfly lady is ransack her apartment and steal all her vinyls. He's basically a Skyrim character. Just looting poo poo all the time for who knows what reason.

The reason being there's no wrong time to rock :rock:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warner_Bros._Discovery#Beginning_of_operations_(2022%E2%80%93present) posted:

In an introductory town hall featuring Oprah Winfrey as host, Zaslav stated that the combined company would need to have "one culture" that "starts with people feeling safe, people feeling valued for who they are", as opposed what he described as a culture of internal competition between WarnerMedia's businesses. He also expected that "investment avoidance" via the consolidation of redundant business units (such as streaming) and staff would be one of the main ways that the company would achieve its promised $3 billion in cost savings.[37]

Cutting costs... staaaaarting now... starting now. Now.

Edit: Starting now

itry fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Aug 3, 2022

itry
Aug 23, 2019

chitoryu12 posted:

https://www.businessinsider.com/ezra-miller-flash-running-a-cult-grooming-minors-carrying-guns-2022-8

Business Insider did a new huge thing on Ezra Miller. They've gone beyond Waco to Charles Manson. Stumbling around Iceland mumbling in bare feet with infected wounds and smelling like a corpse while making a sex cult, trying to groom/kidnap an 11-year-old goth, waving guns around at people, nearly breaking Tokata's mom's arms with an Uber door. The Flash is likely to be in prison or dead by June 2023.

:allbuttons:

Seriously, wtf

Thundercracker posted:

But yeah, did scripted television gently caress this CEO's wife or something? I've never seen any media exec just go ape poo poo like this.

He's just seizing the synergy to capture and strategically course-correct into profit town.

itry fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 5, 2022

itry
Aug 23, 2019

They should release the Batgirl movie instead of the Flash movie.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

The point is stroking egos and making money while paying less on salaries. I imagine.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I don't give a crap about canon, but if S1 isn't canon to the "DCU" and S2 is canon... what does that say about the connection between the seasons? S1 never happened? Terminator dad is still alive? Beard guy is still dyeing his beard? Peacemaker is still killing people? :iiam:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, this is the main reason I posted the tweet. I don't care if it's not connected to the movies, but if one season isn't and one season is, I have questions.

I'm guessing it's more of a "don't think about it too hard, it's a silly show that won't think about it too hard either" situation. Peacemaker will have a line like, "And now Superman looks all young and different, but we're not supposed to talk about that..." and everyone else will just look at him confused. Like Deadpool talking about the different Professor X's.

I'd want them to make fun of it because it really is incredibly silly. Cena ad-libbing some lines would be good. As long as the character development happened.

UFOTacoMan posted:

Peacemaker wakes up in the hospital again realizing season 1 was a dream
:tipshat:

gently caress it, why not.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Grendels Dad posted:

The thing I don't like about this idea is that it's a Gunn character poking fun at Gunn things. I know he's probably just a glorified spokesperson, but all this confusion about canons and connections is because Gunn keeps talking about it. I'd have more of a chuckle if Peacemaker is all pissed off at some church guys because some people just can't shut the gently caress up about canon.

But Gunn is one of those people who can't seem to shut the gently caress up about canon.

the escape goat posted:

I think the blooper reel that had Cena rattling off random names was ad-libbed. him shrieking “those CUNTS from Riverdale!” or whatever cracked me up.

Yeah, I know. It's great. Just trying to make everybody else on set laugh while saying more and more ridiculous things.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Just saying, either way you're poking fun at Gunn things.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Open Source Idiom posted:

I'm gonna be a monster and say: Baz Lurhman and Zack Snyder both make great music video interludes in their films.

Zack Snyder thought it was a great idea to set a sex scene to the tune of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah.

Takes No Damage posted:

^^^
Was she at least bathing on the roof?

I don't recall any bathing on any roofs.

itry fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Mar 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I wish he got to act in more stuff. Jean-Claude Van Johnson was really fun. IIRC, it had some Future Man energy, which I also enjoyed.