Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Gangringo posted:

What if Superman married a gorilla would be a pretty dope movie. I'm sure Henry Cavil would be down for it.

Superman realistic gritty remake. Clark was just a baby Gorilla that Pa kent thought was an alien because he is an idiot. Supermans powers are you know just being as strong as a gorilla.

No one notices Clark kent is just a gorilla when he has his glasses on. Lex luthour also thinks Superman is an alien, because he is also an idiot.

The movie ends happily after superman easily beats lex luthor into a bloody pulp, then deciding rather than spending it's time upholding truth, justice, and the American way as he has been raised to he would rather move to the jungle and laze about eating bananas all day or what ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

VagueRant posted:

I feel like people oversell the importance of the connected university continuity when there's basically no character arcs or plot connecting any of the movies or TV shows.

I guess there's continuity between BvS-to-Justice League and Suicide Squad-to-Peacemaker, but otherwise it's just a bunch of independant stories but occasionally a Batman or Aquaman appears. You don't have to see another thing to understand the current thing, it literally doesn't matter.

Exactly. If they just kept The suicide Squad/Peacemaker and reset everything else and never mentioned anything, no one say anything or care. Franchises do this all the time, (Horror movie franchises were notorious for it).

Movie audinces aren't stupid. They'll follow. That or they're the type of audience that's permanently confused by everything always anyway, so :shrug:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Professor Beetus posted:

I think it's pretty funny that suicide squad sucked so bad that DC let James gunn do his thing and then just let him call it the suicide squad rather than call it suicide squad 2 or suicide squad: subtitle. Glad they recognized that the concept deserved a do over that could ignore whatever it wanted

The fact the his Guardian movies were rightfully popular, critical, and box office success probably helped a lot. Jesus how much did Disney make off just Groot/baby Groot merchandising alone.

Just checked and looked like they're keep The Batman films going as well as just their own independent thing, which again smart movie as why not if it's successful? And yeah looking at a list of all the upcoming DC stuff, it seems like their just going to try and keep things semi-independent for a bit.

https://screenrant.com/dc-upcoming-movies-list-release-dates/#supergirl-woman-of-tomorrow---tba

A more Horror swamp thing with the right director/writer seems like it could be a lot of fun.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

AceOfFlames posted:

At this point just call it a different show. Peacemaker: Rebirth or something. Otherwise it's going to confuse everyone.

Is it? Like in what way? Peacemaker basically was just it's own off shoot thing anyway, and I'm pretty sure audiences are well used to figuring out if somethings in cannon or not on the fly with all the reboots and failed cinematic universes and what ever DC films have been over the last decade. Particularly the type of audience who are watching something like Peacemaker.

But yeah it not being considered "cannon" sounds good to me. Just let it do whatever.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

let every movie and series be its own thing and let the nerds and youtubers generate arguments about canon and timelines and whatever

:hai:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Modern cgi fest action films are very good at making even the most exciting sounding thing boring as hell.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

I said come in! posted:

It just takes creative artists and directors to make it work.

Yeah main issue seems to be is there is just to much or it and it's just being used as a crutch. An action scene can be entirly cgi, if every one has time to properly plan it out and make it work. Instead every thing always seems to be rushed as hell, and comes off dull and lifeless, and the scenes always seem to be way to long with a bunch of repetative action, making things worse.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

thrawn527 posted:

Isn't he currently directing Superman? Or is he not directing every episode of Peacemaker s2 himself?

Superman can direct himself. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CelticPredator posted:

He’s not directing every episode

He also didn’t direct every s1 episode either

IMBD says season one he directed six of nine. I don't remember thinking any episode in season one stood out for being particularly better or worse directed, as yeah I'm sure he well knows how to pick good directors to do as many episodes are needed.