Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm surprised how much I like Vigilante. I figured it was gonna be just like another Deadpool take, and in some cases he is, but the actor is just amazing.

Really good series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That line by Flag really hit him, and I think that combined with killing Flag really got to Peacemaker. It was a really good moment, and I didn't care for much of that movie.

I do hope Flag somehow returns though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Robot Style posted:

"This is Peacemaker. He stabbed my chest. I would advise not getting killed by him - his helmet traps the souls of his victims."

There, that's better.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I also like in the opening that the actors aren't always completely in sync. It really drives home that they aren't professional dancers and just doing this because it's silly and funny as hell.

Like how Gunn got the Guardians cast to be in that music video complete with Hasselhoff.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

zoux posted:

I think that's more down to billing than any kind of hidden secret.

e: yeah just checked, they're the first three credits.

It's because they're the main characters and the rest are supporting characters.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Marsupial Ape posted:

Speaking of the credits, did anybody else notice that Dee Bradley Baker is the voice actor for Eagly? He's a legendary VO actor and it seems odd that they would bring him in just for squawking.

Kind of like hiring Vin Diesel to do nothing but say "I am Groot"?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Vigilante is not racist and legitimately hates the white supremacists. One of the reasons he hates Auggie is because he's a racist.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope that we don't have to end up rooting for literal Nazis. I have faith in Gunn, but don't really want to see anything where the Nazis are portrayed in a sympathetic light or that we're supposed to cheer for them against the butterflies. They all need to die horribly and pathetically.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's possible they were in a fight, and his brother had a seizure due to a hit to the head or something.

Or that they weren't fighting, but someone was picking on him and he was trying to fight back but failing, so his brother helped and ended up dying.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Eagly is hardcore, man

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

VagueRant posted:

D-did Adebayo taser him to death? I'm still kinda thrown by him surviving getting shot in the heart, and after that he totally disappeared from this episode. Really seemed like they were building to him joining the team by his 'they're not what you think' and kicking the crap out of guys you were happy to see get the crap kicked out of them.

He was zip-tied after that, so he's still alive.

So unless he shows up at the farm in the last minute, it does seem like a weird arc for him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So I'm pretty sure that they're gonna take something from the comics like someone predicted in that Auggie is gonna haunt Peacemaker.

Also Vigilante is the real MVP of the team. They would not succeed without him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, it's a top-down Marvel mandate, no? They focus test their movies to prevent them from being too upsetting, and deliberately leaven every heavy moment by throwing in something cute or funny.

No, this is dumb. You can just watch the most recent Spider-Man and there are tragic moments that get their time to breathe.

Guardians 2 also has a very somber and sad ending sequence. I think there is one joke from Drax in there, but otherwise it's pretty sad.

I think Gunn should've maybe given more time after Auggie was killed, but then he didn't deserve to be mourned.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I feel like the cow is sort of a prisoner. Maybe instead of killing it they'll teleport it home. But it seemed like it was in agony.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Peacemaker seems like he would be a pretty decent guy if he wasn't so hosed in the head, and the show kinda backs that up.

John Cena is great too, and that can't be said enough. Guy is basically a saint.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't know if they really stuck the landing for this season, but they definitely have some hooks for the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Relevant Tangent posted:

I skipped the intro after the first couple of times tbh.

Mods?