Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

zoux posted:

Because you know you want to watch it again

https://twitter.com/BAKKOOONN/status/1484329048197136388

I love how the tweet is all "yea gently caress Hawkeye!", wtf dude? I just want to see nazis get their poo poo pushed in.

Just need to say this, Jennifer Holland is in inhumanly good shape.

But holy poo poo both Doll Man and Matter Eater Lad are canon. Are they going to have the Red Bee or Funnyman show up next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Baker was to ve tippy toe in the new warriors series that got canned for being too gay.

I think he did her voice in those marvel rising movies too.

Though he'll always be Klaus in Americam Dad primarily.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is Saigon Kicks the band Vince Neil killed their dummer? Speaking of that Poison is probably the biggest band they mentioned so far isn't it?

That playlist is pretty rockin'. I never knew Hair/glam/cock metal was so deep.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Takes No Damage posted:

*Hanoi Rocks. I randomly watched The Dirt on Netflix a few weeks ago don't @ me.

Cinderella were also pretty well known as far as Hair Metal went. And almost any sub-sub-subgenere of music has lots of amazing songs as long as you have a dedicated team to filter out all the generic crap.

Ah yes, And I have watched the Dirt too. Saigon Kick and Hanoi Rocks are very close together in name.

I mentioned I knew Cinderella before, and on the playlist only Faster Pussycat and Nashville Pussy I knew about. Also the guy from Steel Panther is there too. I posted the playlist to my FB and one of my old HMV coworkers was "oh yea this poo poo rules!" because she really knew that kind of music.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm getting a bit tried that 50% of the stuff I see about Peacemaker is "MCU is over because Peacemaker is really good".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Takes No Damage posted:

Unless DC hands their entire EU over to Gunn I don't think the 20+ movie MCU franchise has too much to worry about just yet. So far he's the only one who's been able to make their grimdark R rating shtick work.

It feel less that and more akin to YEC who think if they find a living dinosaur or the earth is flat, that means science is fake and god is real, but instead, marvel is bad and DC is better. And yea, this might be full of tits, rear end, swears and violence, but this is not anything like the super serious grim brooding angry Synder movies.

BTW someone once said John Cena looks like buff Ernest and I can never unsee that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

There's buff, and there's John Cena buff.

I once suggested that Gunn do MCU Deadpool and I was greeted with "oh god no!" responses.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Also Lita Ford over the end credits :rock:

ACtually :rock: should just be the official emote of Peacemaker.

In the easter egg video from Screenrant, he mentions Evergreen was a suburb of Coast City, has that been mentioned in the show?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Feb 4, 2022

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

there's more nudity in that than I'd expect in a video on youtube.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love how i keep seeing people say how silly White Dragon's henchmen look.

No poo poo, they're nazi klan members, they are silly inherently. You don't want them to look cool.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Push El Burrito posted:

If it makes people feel better there are a lot of cool wrestlers especially in the current times. And Mark Henry is generally thought of as being one of the nicest people to ever be around a wrestling ring.

Also John Cena is just such a good dude. I wish I was a 10th as cool as him.

I just discovered Danhausen thanks to Talking Simpsons so yea.

He might be evil, but he's not a chud.

I'd say that kickstart my heart will be used in the final fight but there's probably some other rocking high energy hair metal song to use.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 4, 2022

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

This thing is worst than something Dr Venture would come up with.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's only gay if the tips touch in a 3 way.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea! Kill those nazis!
Also that luger looked tiny in Cena's hand.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
All those WWE films are made to appeal to the kind of people who buy movies made by a wrestling federation. The target market is basically the same as those Steven Segal movies where he plays a sniper so he can sit for most of the movie. I don't think anyones acting should be judged based on those.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wonder if that racoon is the same one they used for Rocket.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dawgstar posted:

I like to think this means you're asking if they had Sean Gunn claw up Peacemaker's face.

I didn't but now i wished it.

Judomaster will probably show up at the end at the farm. He probably knows enough about the Cow and the farm but probably doesn't know whatever hosed up poo poo the Butterflies are planing for the Earth. He'll show up RIGHT as Sophie explains what they're going to do and is all "I kicked so many peoples asses for you guys, gently caress you!".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Push El Burrito posted:

Instead of Elf With A Gun it's Tiny Man With A Kick.

And flaming hot cheetos.

Oh man, I'd love to see Peacemaker on Harley Quinn. Sure Cena would be down to voice him again.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Apparently there's a push for an extended cut of the first Suicide Squad? Are people really clamoring for more of Leto's terrible Joker?

There are people, that need to do rails of Joker content at all times. Batman is literally just a Joker delivery system to them.

Jerusalem posted:

One of the worst things about that terrible film was that they seemed to be trying to play off Joker and Harley's relationship as being something to root for. Which was, yeah, that was gross as hell.

There are a lot of people who think that way though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mr Hootington posted:

Hot take:
Leto's Joker was a fine characterization, but his costume design sucked. Take away the tattoos and silver teeth and he would have been good.

I'm still of a mind that some exec whipped that up in photoshop and told them to do it.

That loving damaged tattoo.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah it sucks and takes away from leto's Joker having a very sinister and flamboyant personality. He has a very '82 to "Killing Joke" joker.

I highly dislike killing joke Joker but it would of been better than hip hop video Joker we got.

I cannot remember a single Jokery thing he does in the movie. He's just another gangster that shoots people. Ooh his gang wears mascot costumes while they do it, so loving what.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

I don't think that moment was to mourn Augie, Chris is mourning the life Augie stole from him.

Exactly. Fucker made his son's bare knuckle box for money and when one of them died he blamed the survivor? gently caress that guy hard, with a 9mm to the brain.

Also I'm going to have a hard time accepting they can hit us with a twist to make the butterflys actually good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Everyone posted:

So what if they are? That's not going to prepare them even a little bit for what they'd have to do. Quite a few cops got taken. I'll bet at least one of them had a pet that they take to that clinic. Do you think, vets or not, that those people would be able to shoot that guy that they know? Maybe shoot his children if they were taken? Peacemaker was right. If those people went along, they'd just die - probably by getting butterflied.

I do like the nurse who was ready with that shotgun. I first was thinking "why does a vet clinic have a tactical shotgun?" then I realized "This is small town America".

Defiance Industries posted:

On rewatch, I really enjoyed when Vigilante included Economos in his proposed collage. Once upon a time it would have been just him and Peacemaker banging a bunch of chicks while dolphins watch and do beer bongs in a Corvette.

Yes I love when he was accepted by them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fartington Butts posted:

Yeah, but where?

(probably the teat)

That reminds me that the machines milking its teats was very, very upsetting.

Also 100% its going to be killed by someone leaping into its mouth to explode something inside of its stomach. in order of most likely - Vig, Peacemaker, Econmos, Harcourt

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

punched my v-card at camp posted:

I love the idea of Vigilante just being too insane to die. Like it simply doesn't occur to him and for that reason he's unkillable?

That's very Gwenpool.

When I heard about cameos I figured we'd see Amanda Waller again, maybe some other minor character from The Suicide Squad, or maybe one of the surviving squad members, like Ratcatcher or even Harley but Boom we get the Justice League, and I am thinking "oh its just some actors that kinda look like them" and Zoom its Jason Momoa

That was just great. Though I hope Peacemaker and Harcourt don't bang next season. Though if that did happen, there's a weird post just waiting to be made about James Gunn having his girlfriend have a sex scene with John Cena.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Comrade Fakename posted:

Kind of weird that Adebayo’s wife is so prominent in the opening titles when she was barely in the show, never even met Peacemaker or any of the rest of the crew, and was basically just a plot device for Adebayo.

It literally took most of the series to figure out who that was.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
DId the gag real get posted?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXji_udtNyI

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Peacemaker top confirmed.

Vig's 100% a power bottom though, he's too enthusiastic to not be.

I do like that PM is torn up about killing Flagg. It was an good way to show early on that he was not a cold hearted bastard he seemed like in the movie, and also Flagg saw right through him.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Steve Shives who normally does videos about Star Trek did a good video about why, in his opinion, Gunns DC stuff works while the Synder and other DCCU stuff does not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvLGQxOG1Mk

The point about how one of the weaknesses is that Superman doesn't seem to give a poo poo, and i think this extends to the rest of the Justice League, saving people seems less of what they do, but more an obligation, and even then there's that whole thing where Martha goes "they don't deserve to be rescued by you".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Doronin posted:

After GotG, Suicide Squad, and Peacemaker, I'd be interested to see what happens when Gunn gets access to a property where people have already developed a sense of fandom. He absolutely gets the spirit of comics and why we read them (mentioned many times in this thread), but Harley Quinn is the only popular character he's handled so far, so he's been able to really change anything and do anything he wanted with characters with amazing effect.

If Gunn is moving away from GotG, he would be my #1 choice to take on an X-Men reboot in the MCU.

On the other hand, I think the world of DC and its willingness to embrace more mature themes and darkness probably suits Gunn better and gives him a little more creative freedom with anything not named Batman.

I said in another thread he should be given Deadpool 3 but everyone acted like that was the worst idea ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Uh, no we don't want Warren Ellis working anymore.

I've heard recently he's trying to not be a lovely person anymore.