Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

D-Pad posted:

Confused that this isn't getting more attention, it's great. John Cena is a national treasure.

The Suicide Squad didn't do well and I feel like I've seen 0 ads for this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

MiddleOne posted:

The show feels so thouroughly unique and fresh so far. The dance number sets the tone immediately, this project was someones creative playground.

Closest I can think of was BrainDead.

EDIT: If anyone missed Braindead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teHPojrlDD0

I had completely forgotten about Braindead. I wish there were more random mini series like that on tv.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I can't believe they did the Justice League cameo, that was awesome. Overall, a great finale. I am another poster that had low expectations for this show and ended up loving it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Killer robot posted:

I think I've said this before, but the same sort of thing happened in season 1 of Stargirl. The villains were a bunch of cultists, creeps, spree killers, and a literal Axis war criminal mad scientist whose plot would exterminate 25% of the adult population, but a fair number of viewers got way hung up on the villains' mainifesto also claiming that their mind controlled army was going to be colorblind and conquer the world using renewable energy.

It is always amazing when viewers get tricked by a character they know is the villain.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Ben in Lost saying after like 2 seasons of being a supervillain monster leading a monstrous cult of killers, kidnappers and leering assholes,"Actually we're the good guys," and some viewers going,"Holy gently caress so Ben is the good guy after all!?! :aaa:" still blows my mind.

I'm also shocked when people thought of Starro as sympathetic when he said he was happy floating in the stars. Starro chose to go to Earth after taking control of a ship of astronauts. If he wanted to float in the stars, he could have let himself out. Starro was not going to Earth for peaceful reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Push El Burrito posted:

Didn't they forcefully capture the smaller Starro then bring it back to Earth then imprison it immediately? It didn't seem to want to be there by choice.

Initially they brought him into the ship and tied him to a wall. Seconds later he let out little Starros and took over the ship. If Starro didn't want to go to Earth, he wouldn't have had the ship go back to Earth. He was fully in control. He got recaptured after getting to Earth.