Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Jerusalem posted:

Entire episode dedicated to Robin and Judomaster beating the poo poo out of each other, ends when Judomaster discovers Robin is 13 and everybody yells at him for beating up a kid. Robin is horrified to discover Judomaster is an adult.

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, comic books (not always, but very often) can be like professional wrestling. Very dumb, but extremely good and entertaining at the same time (and yes, problematic when it comes to the WWE, but you know what I mean).

So what I’m saying is, John Cena is perfect casting.

I love this post because I’ve been drawing parallels between superhero media and professional wrestling for years. I thought I was the only one.

Everyone has their catchphrases and their shiny outfits. They do promos/monologues at each other. There’s stupid drama for the sake of stupid drama. (Almost) No one gets permanently hurt. Someone inevitably cheats somehow. Wolverine has done fifty heel-face turns this year alone. It’s all fake as hell.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I think he could do The Question.

Just get real loving weird with it.

Yes. Please.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Shazam is easily my favorite DC movie. It's just a good time. Nothing groundbreaking or exceptional is on display, but it has heart and doesn't take itself too seriously.

The previews for the sequel are leaving me cold, though.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

How Blue was my Beetle

It blue more than Tobias Funke

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I’m sold.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

the escape goat posted:

I think the blooper reel that had Cena rattling off random names was ad-libbed. him shrieking “those CUNTS from Riverdale!” or whatever cracked me up.

I’ve used that outtake to convince five or six people to watch the show.

“I hate John Cena!”
“Dude he’s funny as hell just watch this”
Five minutes later…
“Wow I had no idea.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Shageletic posted:

The first Shazam was fun.

It's the only DCEU movie I like all the way through. The first Wonder Woman is better for the first 2/3rds and then falls apart. Gunn's Suicide Squad has a ton of great scenes but it never really gels into a whole for me and the bickering is a lot less like siblings who love each other (like Guardians of the Galaxy) and more like spouses who are two months away from divorce.