Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

sean10mm posted:

So far this show is way better than The Suicide Squad.

Episode 4 was really drat good but the first 3 felt like TSS with jokes for the sake of jokes and a big "laugh now" sign just out of frame. I hope the remaining episodes are like this - decent humour, big stakes, lots of drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

DogsInSpace! posted:

Still sad Suicide Squad didn't do better as I thought it was a solid fun movie and want more. My only complaint is I will never see more Boomer taking the piss out of Count Vertigo. I'm probably the only person that didn't hate Captain Boomerang.

No way - he's one of the best parts and I was miffed he got killed off.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Marsupial Ape posted:

You know what Dahmer really murdered? Aviator eyeglass frames for everybody else.

Not really - they are really popular again.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Bautista erasure above is disgusting! He’s the #1 wrestler turned actor since he’s not just one note like a the Rock. Not to take away from Cena but he’s nowhere near the range of Bautista.

Anyways…

Episode was incredible and I’m at the edge of my seat needing more. There’s so much potential here!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Isn't Triple H a pretty decent guy outside of things too? Like his character is a HUGE rear end in a top hat but i've seen a lots of videos of him helping out kids and pretending to get beat up by them.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

chitoryu12 posted:

There's also Doom Patrol, which is possibly even better than Peacemaker.

How's the new season? I still haven't finished it - about 3 in - but it felt way slower than normal - especially with finishing up the last season which got kneecapped right at the end.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I like how after Snyder failed spectacularly to make people care about the DC universe they switched gears and just embraced how loving dumb comic books truly are.

Failed so hard he got his cut out and it was enjoyed by a ton of people.

Can we stop with this revisionist poo poo.

Anyways...

That was incredible and Cena deserves some insane recognition for just this episode alone. I hated seeing it end and drat, season finale next week. :/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Batista and Cena are top tier.

Poor Triple H in Blade 3 lol

Remember tho these guys just need good directors. Those WWE action movies are trash.

Apparently they made more tho lol

Jerusalem posted:

Batista is incredible in Bladerunner 2049 and that short film, absolutely. I really hope he gets more to do in the next Dune film.

That kids spy movie he did was legit good - the actress who played the girl was great in it as well.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Warbird posted:

Eagly is cool and good and real and is my friend.

You wish.

Your rear end is getting pecked!!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'll never eat those again - the red dye is strong!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Relevant Tangent posted:

Star Wars is at best PG 13 at all times, which means it'll never be particularly moving because it'll never allow the hero to shoot his incredibly racist dad right in the face mid-tirade. There's no meaningful stakes possible in anything on Disney+ and there never will be.

You've obviously only ever watched the movies. The Clone Wars was amazing in fleshing the PT out and giving depth to a ton of characters.

99 here is a defective clone but still wants to help out and initially the clones treat him like poo poo but he sacrifices himself to help and his final words are amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIbHzsEWI4k

The jedi here treats clones like cannon fodder and sends them to their deaths throughout the episode but eventually they get sick of taking his poo poo and rise up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZdTJ_t3bug

This is only a couple of things in a huge, amazing series. Not to mention all the stuff in Rebels and even in Bad Batch. The CG shows are works of art. The shift to live action TV is still finding it's footing, i'll give you that, but I am sure like the CG shows it'll find em.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That was really drat good!

Snyder-verse in full effect, yay!! :D :D :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Caros posted:

I'm really tripped out at the fact that the opening song is only from 2010 and not actually 80's glam rock.

Anyway, here is an acoustic version of the OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjFqBLpPiMw

It’s why metal rules. Genres generally never die (there’s even bands still making nu-metal). There’s tons of 80s worship still going on as you can see. Some jokey. Some serious. It’s great.

This came out 2 years ago!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReoA2sQ1q5E

And the biggest nu-glam Steel Panther are crushing it and take the piss out of things. Great to see live!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghqrgj4bvo0