Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah I enjoyed the movie and thought the show would be an interesting, hopefully fun experience. Was blown away by how good it was, and especially how good Cena is in the lead role. I can't wait to see where it goes next, I love how weird it has already gotten in the first three episodes, and the supporting cast is a lot of fun too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh yeah, the show's opening is absolutely phenomenal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mrr3UNALww

The expressions on their faces absolutely kill me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goddamn what a great episode, kind of crazy how much they packed into it, and the bit towards the end where Peacemaker remembers his brother dying was a real gutpunch.

There's an extended version of the duck scene after the credits that is fantastic where Peacemaker just goes off on the whole concept, well worth catching if you missed it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I don't know if I want to see John Cena fight a gorilla more than I want to see Judomaster fight a gorilla, but either way I am very, very excited.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The utterly ordinary way Vigilante said,"So why don't you just kill your dad? :shrug:" really helped get across that the dude is incredibly hosed up, in a less showy way than him casually sniping the kids. His mindset is bad people need to be murdered and the idea of killing your own father if they fit his category of bad person* doesn't feel any different to him than killing any other criminal. The guy's insane, albeit extremely entertaining and weirdly adorable in how much he looks up to Peacemaker.

* To be fair, Peacemaker's dad really is an astonishingly bad person!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Anyone else holding out hope that the untrustworthy janitor who went to MIT will make a return? I'm so happy every time I see him in the opening dance number :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That little shuffle to get onto its mark is the best :3:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It might be as simple a matter as we can't see Vigilante's face so he seems more energetic and excited, since everybody else is so blank-faced.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

quantumfoam posted:

Peacemaker tv-series is good, however I want to hear Vigilante's take on how he thinks Blake's 7 really ended.

You clearly hear a final shot go off after the initial flurry of blasts, clearly Avon got the drop on everybody which explains why he was laughing when initially surrounded as he had a back-up plan, as opposed to him just acknowledging the inevitability of his death and furthermore.... :byodame:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The ending to the episode oh Jesus please be a fake-out and Murn explains he's like a... good parasite inhabiting a human brain....?

Episode was wonderful, and I loved how the team bonded over chainsawing a gorilla to death :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The janitor's dance moves tell us that we can't trust him!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I did like that Jojo Rabbit demonstrated that Taika Waititi doesn't just make Taika Waititi movies (which are great), but can make Wes Anderson movies too!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus I know it's been said before but this show is so loving good. Also Locke, Jesus Christ :stare:

Also yes, Eagley IS hardcore :patriot:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CODChimera posted:

"lets go back to gotham"

I loving lost it at that line given the context of their conversation up to that point, haha.

Also that scene in the classroom the proud papa was the untrustworthy janitor, right? :neckbeard:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They constantly give Nazi salutes to White Dragon, they're both Klan and Nazis because it turns out that's a pretty significant overlap in the Venn Diagram of lovely racist assholes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Plus the failed fistbump right after that too! :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Everyone posted:

Once this thing ends I need to The Marine on streaming somewhere to check out the first time Cena and Patrick shared the screen together.

Holy poo poo I completely forgot they were in that movie together.

That movie is.... not good. It really, really, really did not play to John Cena's strengths, which are that despite being a giant wall of muscle he's an incredibly weird and goofy dude.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

cant cook creole bream posted:

The Butterflies are the only ones keeping the other 15 factions of brain snatchers in check.

Goff: You see, there is a deadly creature known as Starro the Conqueror, and only we can stop it should it ever come to this pla.... why are you laughing?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

any editing program that can make an mp4 can then be uploaded to imgur to get a compressed gifv with sound

im an idiot and pay yearly for adobe though for all the extra knobs and switches

I have no idea why I am apparently the only person in the universe this happens to, but every time I upload an mp4 to imgur it hangs forever on the upload, and if I refresh the page it has uploaded but with all the audio stripped out and the file dimensions changed automatically to like 960x540 (I basically end up uploading full hd mp4s purely to get a resized mp4 that looks somewhat reasonable). Uploading to other mp4 hosts like gifycat don't seem to have this problem so it's a complete mystery to me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Oh yeah that's the trick, you have to opt in to their "beta" which is terrible for actual image management/albums

I have a separate browser I use for the beta opt in so I don't have to switch back and forth

You want the UI that looks like crap and doesn't keep things in straight rows but something that looks like a tumblr profile all staggered, then it will let you include sound

:stare:

Thank you! Unbelievable, I had no idea this was even a thing!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ahhh joining the beta didn't work. Starting to think I'm just cursed :shrug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I mean, I know Augie Smith was a giant piece of poo poo already but HOLY gently caress he is a giant piece of poo poo :stare:

Unrelated to that, Vigilante being concerned about irritating the skin of his hostages when he'd been perfectly happy 10 seconds earlier to just murder them was great, and I loving love everything involving Economos and Eagly :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

VagueRant posted:

To be fair he could've just been a guy who's really good at brazilian jiu-jitsu in a non-superpowered world and broken them into individual bones, people will absolutely still act like that.

One of the famous Andre the Giant: World Class Drinker stories is that he went to a bar for a few (dozen) beers and some college dudes looked at the literal giant and decided,"Let's go pick a fight with that guy!"

From memory, the story ends with them screaming and sobbing in their car after Andre chased them into it and then tipped it over with them inside.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

I might be imagining it but it seems like Economos's dyed beard has been growing out over the season and showing the grey.

Warbird posted:

He stopped dying it after he and PM got buddy buddy after the gorilla incident a couple of episodes back.

Yep, I just binged back through the whole series with a buddy and his beard is definitely showing more grey. The actor didn't want to dye it in the first place but was required to for the movies for whatever reason, so I love that they wrote in a whole subplot to let him get rid of the dye-job :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Batista is incredible in Bladerunner 2049 and that short film, absolutely. I really hope he gets more to do in the next Dune film.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

According to Austin himself (and this may be more him just putting the best front forward to excuse not making it) the problem was that he really didn't enjoy working on films outside of much smaller roles where he could just come in and film a couple scenes and then gently caress off, and he didn't do well with the pressure of being the leading man.

That said, he seemed to find a nice enough niche for awhile producing/presenting quasi-reality sports/obstacle shows which I'd have figured had an even bigger time/work commitment. :shrug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

zoux posted:

I know his gimmick was annoying but was/is Cena a good wrestler

He was detested for a long time by a vocal proportion of fans for the way he was booked by the insane old man who runs WWE, but the guy is insanely dedicated and consistent and the way he weathered the pressure gradually turned a lot of those fans around to at the very least deeply appreciating how hard he worked, plus the people who loved him as a wrestler ADORED him. The more people realized that Vince McMahon is a crazy old man completely detached from reality, the less they blamed Cena, even if there was still a lot of talk about him being limited as a wrestler - even then, he was in a lot of REALLY good matches where he certainly wasn't being carried by his opponent, and he had a connection with the crowd that you can't fake.

Seeing him blossom like this outside of WWE is both endearing and also incredibly frustrating, because while he was certainly a giant success as a wrestler it's now obvious how much more potential he had that was never realized because of the environment he was in.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Peacemaker's tearful elaboration on who he could have got to look after Eagly while he was in prison was amazing :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Heffer posted:

Thinking back, I really expected the hospital janitor to have a bigger part. He casually dropped that he went to MIT, so I figured theyd reach out to him for tech poo poo this season.

No way he's trustworthy enough for that :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Freddie Stroma is British!?! Holy poo poo, yeah I would not have suspected at all :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mob posted:

Kevin Nash: Absolutely everything he's in.

Best Kevin Nash appearance is absolutely as the smartest guy in the entire world of John Wick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8goQyjvcjdo

Though him as The Russian in that one Punisher movie was pretty great too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Apparently there's a push for an extended cut of the first Suicide Squad? Are people really clamoring for more of Leto's terrible Joker?

I have no desire to see it, but if I recall from when the film first came out wasn't it suddenly reedited like a month out from release by the company that made the trailer because the trailer got some positive buzz online? Then it shockingly and completely unexpectedly turned out to be that editing for a 2 minute trailer and a 90-minute-film are entirely different things.

Maybe a new cut will remove Amanda Waller giving identical explanations of the entire premise of the Suicide Squad in back-to-back scenes?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Maybe it's just 30 minutes of the Leto Joker getting the poo poo kicked out of him by the entire cast, cut from the original release because all the actors kept referring to him as Jared and egging each other on by their real names and encouraging the crew to jump in?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Senator Drinksalot posted:

The little I've read about it is Ayer's original version had the Joker/Harley relationship be much more abusive and it resulted in the Squad kicking his rear end before the Enchantress fight.

One of the worst things about that terrible film was that they seemed to be trying to play off Joker and Harley's relationship as being something to root for. Which was, yeah, that was gross as hell.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Every so often I think about that moment in Batman vs. Superman where Batman, his heart heavy but knowing he has no choice, chooses to murder a thug to save Superman's mother. It was the only choice dammit, this is a pivotal moment in Batman's life, he MUST make the lamentable decision to take another life, his hand has been forced!

There's a 10 minute fight scene preceding this moment where he just casually murders every other thug in the room, in a movie where he was just workmanlike blowing up cars with people inside of them and showing not the slightest hesitation in killing anybody who got in his way of.... stealing an alien mineral so he could murder Superman.

In case my own incredibly subtle touch is too light, you should know I'm not a particular fan of the Synder movies.....

FlamingLiberal posted:

Economos gets to be show MVP for mowing down an entire troupe of Nazis with a P90

:hellyeah: Economos has been killing it (and Nazis!)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Daduzi posted:

Looks like it's done on Twitter, and the posts are archived via the hashtag https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/PeacemakerParty

Like 3 tweets in and already struck gold :allears:

https://mobile.twitter.com/itsnhutle/status/1490154607619846149

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Warbird posted:

Heck, it could have been installed by the home’s previous owner. “Infinite N-dimensional storage space” would be a great value add when selling your home.

Turns out the only helmet that Augie ended up making himself was the one that gives you scabies.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I quite enjoyed The Emancipation of Harley Quinn, though I only watched it the once so maybe it doesn't hold up? The fact the big climactic battle of the film is effectively an Adam West Batman TV series henchmen fight just with very high production values was great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Big McHuge posted:

I did notice the news article in his trailer that said his first criminal caught was Kite Man and I said "Hell Yeah".

I love the little kid the next episode who points out that Kite Man was going to be defeated anyway.... by gravity!

Also I hope Peacemaker's "niece" doesn't get bullied because her cool uncle she bought to show-and-tell ended up being the most wanted man in America :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

loving thrilled there will be a season 2, I love that this weird loving show absolutely seems to have struck the sweet spot and gotten so many people into it.