Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Jose Oquendo posted:

No joke. He's 30 years old. I'm 40. I've known him nearly all my life. I'm going to be completely devastated when he does pass away.

This is me and our cats. They are individuals who are, I swear are sapient assholes, but what can you do? They're the Ottawa truckers of animals: just in the way all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
I think Gunn can help himself when he needs to. The opener was gut wrenching without it being interrupted by a joke. Even when young Peacemaker made the worm joke it was just sad and horrifying. Also, I always assumed from the flashbacks it was a training accident or something. The reality is so much much worse.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
I love that the dye beard insult has its own arc. Like it's central to Peacekeeper realizing he's a toxic bully and trying to be better.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Ayers has been very public about WB butchering his movie. He's kinda of a hack who made Bright so who knows how good it would've been, but I can definitely vouch the theatrical cut is not his movie.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

FlamingLiberal posted:

Economos gets to be show MVP for mowing down an entire troupe of Nazis with a P90

We all got tricked into thinking Economos was a support class when he's really an unwilling rogue.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Falukorv posted:

Without having finished the last episode, how was Peacemakers father able to build such advanced tech? Nothing in his background that suggest any acumen for the kind of physics and resources necessary for those things. For all i know he is a nazi KKK hick and they are rarely the sharpest knife in the drawer, let alone possessing whatever sharpness required to create that on their own.

From watching a random YouTube video in the comics he's dad was a rich Nazi. But apparently his characterization is all over the place. He also had two literal white dragons that are completely unexplained. He was basically a Z tier filler character in a Nazi themed super villain team.

My head canon is that he comes from a line of Nazi super scientists, but the only open Nazis in America are losers and neo Nazi trash so even though he can make super weapons he has to work with what he has.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Falukorv posted:

In my head canon, he stole it from aliens.

But yeah, comic book series and all but this is a level beyond being a good tinkerer. In general though im not a fan of the stereotypical "nazis are technological/science geniuses".

Eh, I feel it's on brand. Nazis were all about investing vast resources in stupid over the top superweapons while failing to get warm winter coats for their troops for a winter invasion of Russia.

Even in this show if White Dragon had bothered to buy even off the shelf bullet proof vests for his goons he'd probably have won that fight. Instead it's all super tech that apparently is just effective as a KIA sedan in finding his target.

Thundercracker fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 13, 2022

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
My speculation on how Peacemaker will get out of being the most wanted man in America is that the final mission will go completely tits up and the existence of Butterflies will be fully revealed to the world much to the chagrin of Amanda Waller.

For a hot moment Peacemaker will become the hero he always wanted to be except there's going be a twist of the knife.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Superman is the one that likes scat play though, Batman is just a pussy who won't kill people.

Maybe wrap it around it's a post Ivy Kite-Man and he gets to says his catch phrase on TV.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Warbird posted:

Kind of surprised that a nation wide man hunt wouldn’t pull in some b tier cape, especially if they’re pinning assassination of a senator on him.

Also what’s the over under on Cena hanging hog in season 2?

I bet more supes will show up season 2. Just like The Mandolorian it almost feels like a trial run of whether this kind of show can even work. Now its proved itself they'll be shoving fan service into it unless Gunn can say no.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
I do wonder why Economos goes back to work at Bell Reve. He could make a decent living as a computer toucher with nowhere near the amount of bullshit. Everyone else was either addressed or a career Operative. How the hell did he even get in Amanda Waller's orbit?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
I cracked up at the scabies helmet having mile radius. That's just so pointlessly powerful for no reason.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Szmitten posted:

I'm sure it only exists to foreshadow and familiarise the audience with the design for their arriving during the Monster montage, but it's kinda weird that Peacemaker had a Butterfly spaceship for so long and didn't really mention or show or use it for anything else. Come to think of it, wasn't there a tiny monolith thing too?

It's kinda on brand for him? Like the first thing he does after killing the first butterfly lady is ransack her apartment and steal all her vinyls. He's basically a Skyrim character. Just looting poo poo all the time for who knows what reason.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Warbird posted:

Did Flagg give any indication in meeting PM before in the Suicide Squad movie? Given how often they flash back to how that all ended and how tore up he is I’m starting to wonder if they may have been a bit more than teammates on previous missions. Probably just reading into nothing though.

No. And honestly it seemed like he didn't meet any members of his team barring Harley. They were clearly meant to eat poo poo and die. Even Flagg for disobeying Waller in SS1

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
I just head cannoned Adebayo as what happened to Tasty after she got out of prison and it's way more amusing.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

cant cook creole bream posted:

Give Gunn the Great Lakes Avengers. It's the perfect mix of goofy, heartfelt and bloody, which he seems to like.

I just want a stinger where they get contacted by the Avengers and they're so excited to meet their heros only to get served a lawsuit for Trademark infringement.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Invalid Validation posted:

They probably make way more money on low budget reality home remodel shows than any DC superhero stuff besides maybe Batman.

I used to think at least they'd pay for the remodels but apparently the stupid homeowners actually pay for it, and half the time they don't even get what they asked for or just shoddy garbage. lol. Best grift in television.

But yeah, did scripted television gently caress this CEO's wife or something? I've never seen any media exec just go ape poo poo like this.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
It's really moreso that the renovations have to work around the timeline of the TV shows, which means it's gonna be rushed. That's why so much of the renos are shoddy overpriced garbage with a nice facade because the shows just need to have a few minutes of film. They don't actually have to live there and don't give a poo poo.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

thrawn527 posted:

I'm doing this from memory so I may be getting this slightly wrong, but the when you make a wish on the stone, it takes something from you as a result. Therefore, if he becomes the stone, he can grant people's wishes and then take things from them. I don't remember what things, it's a very dumb movie, please don't ask.

I've watched the movie three times just to show people how bizarre it is and I'm still not sure what Pedro Pascal's deal was. But he absolutely carried that movie as much as he could.

It's very bizarre in every way. Like they wrote the script in one bender session and studio gave no notes and all the millions to make it. I think my favorite stupid thing is that despite taking place in the 80s it has nearly no 80s fan-service. Also the ridiculous WW out runs a armored convey to save some Palestinian kids playing in the middle of the road in front of said massive convoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

FlamingLiberal posted:

Don't forget the completely incomprehensible 'hero speech' Diana gets at the very end that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever

Also when she gets the golden suit of armor featured in the trailer and it does absolutely nothing.