Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

been so long since the hey ash what ya playing videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i-6IRvyltM

Totally Aloy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I hope there's a 4-minute long explicit sex scene between Aloy and Sylens. And that's it.

They just have to get it out of their systems.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

isk posted:

I generally like H:ZD's traversal, so I'm cautiously optimistic about the underwater sections. My only concern (aside from the well-stated issues with underwater sections in games overall) is whether the additions to terrestrial traversal (more parkour, gliding, etc.) took too much time/resources away from polishing the underwater sections as well (or vice versa).

My guess (maybe hope?) is that this is the reason they delayed the initial release. They wanted to polish the poo poo out of it. This title is a big deal for Sony. It's not their biggest product but it's got Uncharted-levels of long tail to it. I'm sure we're not getting the perfect game but I would be disappointed in anything but a very good one, and Sony knows that more than anyone.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Shredder being ineffective against shellsnappers makes sense

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

My current not-going-to-happen speculation is that Vast Silver, possibly in a very Monkey's Paw kind of way, will ultimately help to save the world from Nemesis. Though now that I'm typing it out it's kind of a double-beat with Heaphestus' role in H:FW so I guess I actually hope it doesn't happen.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I'll go on record as saying I see no need nor have any desire for a Horizon TV show.

That said, if you were going to do it, then a split timeline of the events leading up to the end of the world and something pre-derangement, like Rost's family, sounds like the best way to go about it. No need to cast Aloy at all. Her story is told in the games anyway. Still, making a show about Zero Dawn cheapens the blow that HZD had in the story department.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Sivart13 posted:

I haven't watched it but didn't "Station Eleven" just do the before/after apocalypse thing? To succeed the Horizon show would probably have to meet that bar while also not going bankrupt on CGI robot money.

That's why I'd do it pre-derangement. No need to spend money on expensive action scenes with Thunderjaws and the like.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Sivart13 posted:

just not looking forward to hearing it be the basis of comparison for all games for the next 10 years

No one who tried to do Half-Life 2 (or later, Half-Life 3) got it right. Only Valve could do Half-Life.

Those games that took lessons from Half-Life and HL2 were still better for it.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

Tate is totally the guy you'd assume would sell you out, but in reality is the kind of person who would have your back 100%.

Yeah, Tate was (seemingly) an rear end in a top hat scumbag misogynist who nevertheless had a strong moral code. You want him on your side, as long as you can keep him reasonably far away from you and everyone else, with several walls between you.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

It is very funny to read posts that are like "the portrayal of Faro and the Zeniths is so unrealistic, no billionaires would ever be so stupidly, suicidally narcissistic" and then well...

That's one complaint I can't say I've ever encountered. Who was saying that?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I mean you could have a machine tear his jaw off or something and get it replaced by Gaia but it changes his voice.

Like I'm not saying that this isn't a loss or that Reddick didn't bring something special to the role, but this is a video game, you've got options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Sivart13 posted:

I didn't like how Londra came out of the gate immediately as a mustache-twirling cliche.

I actually appreciated this, only because it's so meta and lampshaded with the "it's loving Hollywood!" aspect of the entire campaign. The over-the-top nature is part of the joke, reinforced constantly with the locations you go to. Since it is in every sense a side story, I was like, "ok, game. You get away with it, this time."