Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poltroon
Dec 15, 2008

Fatty posted:

I think its been shown that shredders actually follow your direction at the point at which they start to return. But if you're circle strafing the whole time it will very much have the same effect. Point is, pick a direction and stick to it.

Yeah, I really think the tutorial could've done a better job telegraphing the directionality. I avoided it for most of the game because it just felt unnecessarily complicated for how chaotic some fights actually get, but understanding the sweet spot — mid-range, keep running in the same direction — made it one of my favorite weapons. You can really clown on some of the big baddies once you figure out the sweet spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU