Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
1st playthru is fun. Ultra Hard is a good challenge but not too bad. Gyro aiming feels like cheating, never miss those weak points. Just got all the different special equipment pieces needed to explore everything on the map so I’m just pausing that and bopping around. The shredders are really sick in this game and a good companion to smoke bomb -> braced shot which is divine feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

the "gyro aiming feels like cheating" bit from earlier was like "lolwut, no, that's just _aiming_"

the gyro aiming was compared to only joystick aiming, since I'm playing with a controller

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Im 3/4 of the way through the arena fights now and these are insanely fun

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I’m playing the game for the first time ever on ultra hard and shocking enemies, even those resistant to it, puts most enemies on skates in a way where they don’t really have a chance to do their thing. The shredders that do shock damage really put in work, and then one they get shocked the stun damage you put down is unreal. Pair it with like the delta bow for quick weak spot hits in between shredder cycles or when they are on the ground

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Sivart13 posted:

this feels wild to me but I remembered the game is on PC now so maybe clicky clicky helps

Using gyro aim on a steamdeck lol

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Also smokebombs are so sick. They solve a lot of fights like the early shellsnapper that was prone to rear end blasting me when I was too dumb to learn it’s attack pattern

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

exquisite tea posted:

Outfits are more determinant of your playstyle than weapons, which is maybe counterintuitive to how most games of this type work. Especially once you have access to one of the legendary armors, your loadout will start to complement its respective skill tree, rather than it being the other way around. Weapon coils are ultimately less important but still not always obvious, like for example did you know the best coils for an elemental shredder are 25% DoT or Agility coils rather than anything that actually inflicts elemental status because those coils will ALSO grant elemental buildup once their conditions are met. Did you know the best way to build around a Sharpshot Bow isn't with Ranged Master or Powershots but Critical Boost with x3 15% crit coils because then you get 100% chance to crit on every hit. Did you know that drill spikes have enormously high knockdown power and even a fully coiled Vindicator Spike Thrower will bring down an Apex Slaughterspine in 1-2 hits. Little complexities that often aren't explored but result in a huge knowledge advantage once discovered.

Thanks for these tidbits 🙏

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Game performed well on steamdeck until dlc which is too taxing. Makes sense considering the development but rip. Got one apex bilegut down just to say I did but I’m done now. Good game, good job making it. Glad I went through on the hardest setting to start because I don’t feel the need for new game+ stuff with a game this long already

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
clamberjaws are cool. just kill them

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
the second game produces challenging fights so its better. i skipped all the dialogue in both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
yeah by the end of FW i just look at enemies sideways with a shredder and they die