Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I'd seen banner ads for horizon for a while but a week before it released I finally went and watched a trailer for it and grabbed since I didn't have anything else I wanted to play at the time. One of the best snap gaming decisions I've ever made and I'm gonna no-life the gently caress out of forbidden west.

Need to make space for the mammoth too though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Falukorv posted:

If that’s on a base PS4 it seems to run as well as hzd, dampens my worries..

Assuming it's decima engine again it is basically sorcery it runs so well..

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I'm a little worried about the CE since it still hasn't shipped. :ohdear:

Woulda got regalla if I knew it lit up

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

It feels like ranged combat is much weaker in this, while I'm a god of death in melee. The melee skills feel a lot more impactful. This may just be a VH thing though with how much bots move around and how bad I am at actually aiming.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Doctor Hospital posted:

I watch in horror as my stockpiles of machine muscle run low because of the 10-13 bundles of it it takes to make tear precision arrows. They were too good in HZD, now they must be expensive.

It does feel like they went sideways with the inventory. You don't cap out on total items, but the cap of each item you need for in battle crafting is very low. I have 400 muscle fibers...back in stash but that doesn't help in the middle of a fight.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Jimbot posted:

They're good if you don't want to waste normal arrows (because they do exactly the same thing as they do, no difference) but other than that don't waste your time, resources or weapon slot space on this trash. Use the Precision arrows and Braced Shot, you'll get better results and actually do damage. I don't know why they're even in the game, other than to showcase a cool explosion effect.

On hard it took 3-4 tearblasts from a blue moderately upgraded bow to knock one launcher off a thunderjaw just always in enough time to gently caress up and get oneshot by the other one. As a bonus they're less accurate and reload super slow compared to other arrows.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Very few of life's problems can't be remedied with sufficient application of high explosives.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Fedule posted:

Often I notice when going into an incidental cutscene in the open word (like calling someone for a quest) that the time and weather instantly change to something completely different and then instantly change back after the cutscene ends. Is this a glitch or is the game just Like That?

The time is tied to the quest so it looks cool. There will also be times where they play with time so that as you run over a crest during a quest or just for first traversal you'll get the perfect sunrise , sunset, or moonglow to make that spot look as good as possible.

Its hilarious cheating but I'm all for it.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

With all of the perks, Advanced sharpshot gets down to 1 sludge per pack if you craft them at a bench at least. I tend to only use them with powershots since they become ammo-less at max rank.

It feels weird relying on sharpshot for damage more than the hunter bow. It's draw speed doesn't feel like much of a detriment at all and I go through so much muscle. Hunter bow might just be out of favor since rapid plinking parts is so much less effective than in ZD. Enemies are so aggressive I only have chance for one sharpshot usually between having to dodge and the RoF of hunter doesn't make up for that.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I loved the rattler in ZD. Freeze something then open up, it would be devoid of all armor by the time you had to craft more bolts.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Found two +25% long range damage mods and slapped on sharpshot now braced shot is doing 1200.

I'm a bit fuzzy on when stealth damage kicks in, it seems inconsistent. Do you have to be completely undetected and in grass?

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I liked climbing in HZD because it was obvious that game was not about climbing and i appreciated it but FW is very much about climbing and I dont find that gameplay interesting but they make you do so much of it now.

They had the problem of ZD coming out near BOTW which is also very much about climbing as a core mechanic so I feel like they listened to too many of the "climbing is awful" people who were comparing those two very different games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

FW's sidequests are good but they all feel like they have one too many steps to them.