Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Nihonniboku posted:

Reading this thread the past few days has made me realize that I really did not play HFW well. I got lost in all of the different weapon and elemental types, and I pretty much stuck to the hunter bow and occasionally the sniper bow. Does anyone have a good guide I can review in case I go back and do new game plus?

Also, I remember when playing the game the first time around last year, there was an option to turn your sniper bow into basically a rocket launcher while kneeling. When playing Burning Shores, I couldn't remember how to do that again for the life of me.

This guy has a bunch of weapon, machine and combat guides that are all good https://www.youtube.com/@ArktixOfficial/playlists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Arktix made me a convert on the shredder gauntlet and now it's my favorite weapon, the fact that it barely uses any resources makes it even better. I'm using ancestor's return and the new one from BS all the time.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Madurai posted:

Are we asking the really important questions about H3? What's happening with the most important character, Meat?

a tenakth thanksgiving

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That rules, going to craft up a bunch of the resource intensive ammo and store it away.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If you're in need of sludge go hunt apex spikesnouts at night, just don't blow up the sacks and you'll get lots of sludge.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

You can still see elemental weaknesses with the focus in UH can't you?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

shredder gauntlet is the most fun weapon when you get it down IMO, it's also crazy strong with elements.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yeah a dril in the leg of anything is a guaranteed knock down, good way to open a fight.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

oops.

funny tweet definitely the best way to open fights.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I found it to be significantly harder than the first one, people ITT have said that it feels like 1 difficulty level higher than HZD, like very hard in FW is ultra in HZD and I'd agree with that.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

They really captured big tech corporate so well.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I don't think it's even possible to do the dlc without finishing the base game.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

When you git gud with the shredder battles are a zen experience. Such a fun weapon.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm in the I love the way they handled it camp.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Fatty posted:

Thanks for all the unmarked spoiler discussion for a game that is only a couple of weeks old for most of the people actively playing it.

It sucks. I had to delete the thread for DD2 from my bookmarks because of the thread being constant open spoilers and it doesn't even have the excuse of being a second release.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

gamers also got really upset she has peach fuzz which was really telling.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ropecaster is great for multiple enemies. I don't remember the tie down time but it's quite awhile as long as you aren't hitting them.

Slide and then roll is a lot of iframes and moves you a long way, learn to use that a lot.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The split spike with explosive spike, sustained burst with the bolt blaster, triple and power shredder with gauntlet are all good.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Zenith stuff I mean they think of themselves as gods and they want to wipe the entire earth clean again so they can make a paradise for a dozen or so people. That's pretty weird.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yea I'm pretty sure the Zeniths are cyborgs or fully machine with an uploaded consciousness

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It's like they took all the big tech figures and melted them down into big lovely slurry then filled a bunch of molds that contain parts of each. I am of course not recommending we attempt this IRL.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

There is no way I could stand to do a low health build without the option to remove that.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

I think my favorite part of Forbidden West's plot is the reveal that all the Tenakth cultural stuff is based around a highly biased retelling of this goofy incident where some mining magnate funded armed resistance against relocation due to global warming rendering the southwest uninhabitable.

The scene after you get AETHER where the hologram reactivates and all the Tenakth are treating it as a religious event is very funny. You can sort of see Aloy being like "I guess this is fine, since it's a positive influence." It makes sense that they'd interpret it in the way they did (since it tells a story of humans battling machines), but it's still very funny.

Another similar thing I found pretty clever is how Quen society is based around a flawed understanding of history stemming from them gaining access to a bunch of older model Focuses. So they only know what happened prior to everything leading up to the Faro Plague.

Yeah both of those were great, especially the first.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Mount and Blade horse archery is great.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If she can walk from Cheyenne mountain to Los Angeles you can too.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

couldn't add burning shores but this is quite a trek.

spoilers: Aloy's travels

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

I’m guessing based on Scalding Spear’s position on the map relative to other landmarks that it’s not actually the VLA in New Mexico but some fictional near-future solar array somewhere in the Mojave.

Scalding spear is the crescent dunes solar energy project, the VLA is Plainsong.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Erend is hitting on Aloy from the first moment he meets her at the proving ceremony, he basically busts out the "what's a pretty girl like you doing in a place like this?" line. I don't remember the exact wording though.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Aloy should have been able to kiss Petra instead.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

traps are your best friend in the arena.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That fight against 3 was rough.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yeah something must have broken, I think that was the hardest fight in the game for me.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yeah the scaling ruined plasma on VH or UH, a ton of buildup work for an explosion that did nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Shock shredders made the tide ripper about as scary as a watcher. It's crazy how much of a hard counter they are to that machine.