Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
Thanks for all the unmarked spoiler discussion for a game that is only a couple of weeks old for most of the people actively playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Ytlaya posted:

I like how in Forbidden West you'll meet characters and tell them to "meet up with someone near the base" from a location that should be like 800 miles away given the weird map that's supposed to span a large portion of Western US. Like it's at all feasible to have your buddy meet this person.

Imagining Varl or whoever just standing around for 3 days waiting for Kotallo to arrive.

Don't forget Aloy herself sitting by a campfire waiting for Alva to walk across three states for her side quest.

Ytlaya posted:

Btw speaking of Shredder Gauntlet, I learned a couple things (plus a third I already knew), the first of which is a complete gamechanger:

- Shredders return in the direction you're moving when you throw them. So if you're sidestepping to the left when you throw one, it will return to the left. Somehow I never noticed this. Previously I would try to stand still since I was worried I'd be moving too fast in the wrong direction (which is probably why I didn't notice this). It's a complete gamechanger for using them at close range (which is also where you can do some of the best damage, since you can get in hits much faster).

I think its been shown that shredders actually follow your direction at the point at which they start to return. But if you're circle strafing the whole time it will very much have the same effect. Point is, pick a direction and stick to it.

Edit: Anyone else find that this game seems to have settlements that are almost designed to annoy with their layout? So many places that are separated by random ramps and verticality shifts. Would have been fine if there were more grapple points for boosting around, but they're just inexplicably not there.

Fatty fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 17, 2024

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
Thought she might be a bit bi, given her reaction to Varl getting with Zo. Like she's finally realised what had been there all along.

Fatty fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 22, 2024

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

exquisite tea posted:

Aloy doesn't actually see herself as an actual person either, but instead the resubstantiation of Elisabet Sobeck, who we later learn closed herself off from other people in her own lifetime.

Following that, given Space Carrie-Ann Moss's desperate need to abduct Aloy, I wonder if that was another unrequited relationship or if she and Sobeck were kind of together but ended up separated by Zero Dawn.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
The first and base conversations only ever refer to it as a friendship. In the final one a crazed psychopath trying to justify her kidnapping of you says that she loved her, not that she was ever loved back. It doesn't write off the ACE reading of Sobeck/Aloy, though I'm not personally arguing either one.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Mr Hootington posted:

it is stated it was a romantic relationship when Tilda is talking to aloy on the balcony of tilda's home.

Not seeing it here, but admittedly I'm mainly flicking through the Elisabet bits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjjTufmETMg

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Mr Hootington posted:

I could be misremembering at which point it occurs, but there is a moment somewhere in the game where Tilda explains they were romantically involved. It is in one of the dialog trees.

Ah yeah, fair enough. I think at that point I was about done with this behemoth of a game and missed that base conversation.

Fatty fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Dr Christmas posted:

I’ve unlocked both the volley ability and the ability to nock multiple arrows with the hunter bow. I’m playing on PC using mouse and keyboard, and the explanation of the controls feels like it’s incomplete. Both descriptions tell me to hold the right mouse button. Then you hold the middle mouse button to fire a volley or tap it to nock more arrows. However, just tapping it also launches a volley. What am I missing?

Using a gamepad you can only equip one weapon ability at a time and change it on the weapon wheel. I'm guessing its something similar with M+Kb.