Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Can't wait for this one. Zero Dawn is one of maybe 3 open-world games I've played, finished and enjoyed in the last 20 years. So good!!!
:same:

ShadowedFlames posted:

Less than a month away, boys and girls and those outside that binary!

Also, it cannot be said nearly enough. gently caress Ted Faro.

Am I the only one trying to avoid looking at too much ahead of release day? I went into HZD relatively unspoiled and while I want to see some of the new wrinkles for HFW, part of me wants to go in as clean as I can for maximum discovery immersion.

I think the trailer that came out today is the first thing I've really bothered to watch in the last few months. The combat demo where you save Erend is the last thing I watched and I sort of decided from there that I just wanted to experience things as they happened in game instead of knowing they're coming.

Gonna reorganize my game cabinet this weekend so I can put my big gently caress off mammoth next to the PS5 I think :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zil posted:

Not enough gently caress Ted Faros so far in the thread.

I brought a sign that said F*** TED FARO to a wrestling PPV does that count

Lobok posted:

Should we all do a prediction on what part, if any, Faro will play? Not like Toxx-level, just an informal poll basically.

Kind of hope he's just not around and only related in that it's still his fault we're in this mess.

I also somewhat expect the antagonist mentioned in the trailer to be a fakeout

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DarklyDreaming posted:

I'll admit, seeing Lance Reddick be genuinely happy to play Sylens made my day :allears:

it caught me off guard that they basically just modeled the character off him so that was neat

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

timestamped if you want to avoid possible spoilers on other stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoVDAy3uQZA&t=512s

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

or we get Guerilla trying to be different but coming up with stuff that is more at home in pro wrestling.

You say this like it's a bad thing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It doesn't come out until March 31st lol I'll have 100%ed the game through sheer force of will by that point.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kazzah posted:

Apparently there is a leaked review from a Chinese site that claims there's a flying mount in the new game.

The spoilered text is not a plot thing, just a cool mechanics thing.

I feel like I've absolutely seen this in a trailer or preview of the game

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pull up, thread

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Baggot posted:

CLEVELAND ROCKS

Somehow, the river is still on fire

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I already don't like soulslikes for the most part and I have negative interest in any story that GRRM wrote so I'm probably not even going to look for streams or whatever out of curiosity.

It'll probably win tons of awards though I'm sure.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can someone explain what the co-pilot system is meant to do? Is it just so one person can focus on movement and the other on everything else?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

When do reviews start coming out? Tomorrow?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector Gesicht posted:

The most important addition is the minigame with the collectible figurines. The story and world is just fluff.

was finally reading through all the discussion this morning just trying to find the review specifically for this and you're the first one to mention it :negative:

So someone who had a review copy please tell me about the Warhammer Forbidden West game please

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

gonna reiterate my previous request

IcePhoenix posted:

was finally reading through all the discussion this morning just trying to find the review specifically for this and you're the first one to mention it :negative:

So someone who had a review copy please tell me about the Warhammer Forbidden West game please

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ImpAtom posted:

It is fairly straightforward.

You create an army of dinosaurbots based off models you find/buy/win. Each has a certain value with stronger bots having higher values. You have a max of 10 points to spend.

Robots are divided into types. Melee is close range, ranged is far, Ram knocks enemies back" Dash hits in a line, flying csn go over certain tiles, etc.

Some have special passives like bonus damage on certain tiles, deal damage to anything around them, etc.

The play map is made up of tiles. Grass, forest, Hill, Mountain, marsh. The higher your tile the more damage you do. Marsh penalizes most units.

You win by getting 7 Victory Points or by eliminating all of an enemy's units You get points equal to the cost of the unit.

this sounds fun, thanks!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I've double checked my Regalla Edition order like four or five times in the past week just to make sure it's still on track and the wait on Friday is going to be especially awful.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

You know, I don't normally buy Collector's Editions or anything, but I liked Forbidden West so much, I kinda regret not buying that.

This was basically my thought process on buying it lol. Also my roommate (at the time) got the one for Zero Dawn so I have first hand experience on how cool the figures looked for that one, making this one a bit easier to justify.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

exquisite tea posted:

I kinda like the look of the Collector's Edition Tremortusk a bit more than the Regalla one. Goes better with that future Lego Tallneck too... Jealous that only Regalla gets that canvas map though.

Honestly the biggest selling point for me was the Focus.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah I always read it as her exposing the no backdoor thing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Luigi Thirty posted:

Looking forward to playing this game on my PS4 for $10 cheaper. gently caress Ted Faro.

Where did you find it for $50?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Captain Hygiene posted:

Sorry, I don't want to unfairly spoil anything for anybody, but I also don't know how to bring up anything plot relevant without having at least a generic reference to a questline to let folks know roughly where along it is. I spoilered it for that one in any case.

You could just say the level of the quest before the spoiler to give people a general range

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I've been mostly running a melee build because I like the challenge and also combos are fun and goodness I haven't even started the post 15 msq and found a purple armor in a chest just messing around that might just carry me to endgame :stare:

Though it does have a couple significant elemental weaknesses I'll probably need to make sure I keep a backup around for.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Captain Hygiene posted:

Well, that's what got me curious, I spent a while scrolling around toggling them on and off, and I only saw the one I'd cleared. I guess I haven't made it close enough to one for it to show up with all the map cloudiness.

Have you gotten to the third major area yet or are you still in No Man's Land? Once you get past a certain point in the MSQ the other ones all show up on the map, unless there are some secret ones even further west than the last one on mine.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Captain Hygiene posted:

I made it all the way out to the west coast while doing main quest stuff, so I would've figured something would make them show up by now. Weird.

My best guess is you accidentally toggled them off somehow when tinkering with settings.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jimbot posted:

Rumbletusks suck poo poo to fight. It just showed me how loving trash tear arrows are. It'd be nice to shoot off the weapons that do 98% of my health but apparently they have billions of health. I can't imagine fighting these aggressively unfun things on higher difficulties.

:rip: Tearblaster arrows, gone too soon :smith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Aphrodite posted:

All Slicer gauntlets have explosions, if you catch them 3 times.

I find myself using the slicer gauntlets a lot more than I expected to when I first tried it out. Ever since the mission with Boomer where you're not necessarily forced to use it but it's heavily implied that you should. I usually only use the normal ones though, the acid ones feel like they don't build up very fast and aren't worth it. The only two weapons I never really use are the Ropecaster (feels like anything I would bother using it on just breaks free before I can lock them down but I haven't tried the elemental versions, and I'm bad at hitting the canisters swinging around when I use that option) and the Warrior Bow. Am I missing something with those two or are they just not great?

Yesterday I finally finished upgrading my pouches so I can just stop thinking about them forever, finally. I also did the underwater cauldron and am up to level 41, a little more than 62 hours in. Guess it's finally time to do the level 17 MSQ branching path, I did the other two first because with POSEIDON I correctly assumed that's how I'd get underwater breathing then did DEMETER second (a few hours later) because I pieced together that if POSEIDON gave me the water thing then DEMETER would give me the plant thing so I can finish that and move on with the game.

...or I could go to Thornmarch to help Talanah because the last salvage contract and (I think the last) hunting grounds are on the way...

e: also regarding valor stuff, I've been using the level 3 melee buff one for almost the entire game because it's fun as hell to just run into a big fight and turn into an absolute murder machine with all the damage you put out

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 1, 2022

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hollismason posted:

I found ruins but there's these red flower things on the ruins or right next to it and Aloy says I can't get past.

that's a later thing that you get from progressing the MSQ too

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The melee combat in this game has improved so much and is much more varied with all the combos I highly recommend people give it a shot.

Obviously I don't use it against bigger enemies but anything that's not the size of a small building I'm more than happy to just pull out the spear and just start whackin'. Once you start learning the tells so you can dodge out of the way of their attacks you can pretty much avoid taking any damage at all.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lobok posted:

You can still use it against bigger enemies, just either have to anticipate their attacks better or disable them first. Frost bombs are always great and I'm loving the new Adhesive status for that, too. Once your melee skill tree has got some of the bottom filled out you can combo your way to a Resonator Blast pretty quickly for big damage.

maybe I'll try it next time I just always seem to get owned by something that I can't figure out how to dodge. When you say bombs do you mean from the blast sling or traps? I actually haven't used the sling because I haven't found one that I really like element-wise but I know I want to give it a shot because I used it a lot in HZD.

Also it's fun to use shredders on big machines (especially after I've corroded them) which requires me to be at more of a distance so I can catch them

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hollismason posted:

Is the spike thrower worth it? Because seriously I been using it at level 1 and it doesn't really good any damage. It's also super loving slow and difficult to use.

it does a lot more damage than you think especially if you place it in a good spot

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Also you can get a weapon skill that turns them into a rocket

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah if you charge it it sticks and keeps doing damage until it explodes for one last burst

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Went to finish Talana's quest chain insteadof doing the msq and then went to the nearby city afterwards to buy gear and uh, spwnt so much on new weapons and subsequent upgrades that I just about ran out of shards lmao.

Also, oh god I need so much greenshine stuff to upgrade all my new stuff...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

FrickenMoron posted:

Don't invest too much into greenshine weapons. Theres only enough slabs to upgrade one or maybe two at most.

Pick one and stick with it

Well poo poo I hope I haven't already spread myself too thin, that's really annoying.

Is there a spoiler-free list of greenshine weapons anywhere I can look up so I know in advance? Although at least the sharpshot bow I bought and started upgrading is almost definitely going to be one I choose, I suppose.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh they released a patch today

https://www.reddit.com/r/horizon/comments/t4x320/horizon_forbidden_west_patch_106/

There's spoilers in it so I'm not gonna post the whole list because I skimmed it really fast to try and avoid spoilers for stuff I haven't gotten to yet. But the most important part is spoiler free:

quote:

Aloy will not mention her stash quite as often as before.

Hopefully this means they're going to work on the other voice lines too...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hollismason posted:

Also how do I get more Machine Muscle?

Kill more machines.

Also supply caches

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hollismason posted:

Okay so I found a survey drone uh what do I do with it?

wait until you hit a certain point in the story where you find out what to do with it

Hollismason posted:

Is there only one cauldron in No Man's Land Area? It says Level 18 , I'm level 16 , should I attempt it?

level recommendations are kinda fungible in Horizon, the only thing you gain by leveling up is two or three skill points and 10 HP. You can be wildly underleveled for stuff but if you gear, skills, and fighting ability (as in, how good you yourself are at the game) are good enough then it really doesn't matter unless something does enough damage to literally oneshot you

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hollismason posted:

My worry is that'll I'll start it and then be unable to finish it , its called Cauldron Mu . I played HZD so I kind of know what to expect but I don't wanna go into it and then get stuck being unable to continue.

Someone already mentioned this but yeah just make a save at a nearby campfire (all cauldrons have one really close iirc) and reload from there if it's too much for you. That one isn't too bad though you should probably be fine.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hollismason posted:

How do you complete the very first hunter trials where you have to shock 3 enemies? I shoot the powercell and it just gets knocked off or it doesn't shock any surrounding enemies.

to pop an elemental canister you have to shoot it with an arrow of the same element, hitting it with a normal arrow will, as you have experienced, just knock them off

you'll get a different sound and then the canister will start "leaking" for a couple seconds before exploding if you do it right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

iirc when I did that one if you jump down the rope on the left side immediately there's a goodly sized group of them together right under a log trap and if you pop them right away (if you wait too long they start to patrol and break up) then hit the trap it gets you all but one for the requirement, then it's just a matter of figuring out a way to lure one into another trap with the rest of your time. It took me a few tries to get it.