Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Sylens is totally coldblooded and quite ruthless, but while he insists it's for a greater purpose, we don't actually know what that purpose is (if you think he's really an exiled banuk shaman then idk what to tell you). so he's still quite mysterious even though we have a pretty good sense of his character. you get a sense sometimes of aloy getting through to him but i'm not so sure.

if anyone in the setting had been exposed to the alpha build of APOLLO with all the knowledge but none of the ethics (and made up a big story about learning from HADES later) he's a great candidate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

in fairness i am going to say ive always been baffled by this animation, even if it's aloy's signature "thing", it's too superheroic. she jumps off, twists in mid-air, and throws the rope behind her hard enough to go back 40 feet in the air and catch on whatever she just jumped off. its cool exactly once, when you do it escaping a bunch of eclipse cultists and bots blowing things up right behind you. the rest of the time there's never anyone around, she just jumps off like a maniac to do the rope trick

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
the pterosaurs have a big smooth back and they love to show them flying around

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

isk posted:

Usually I'm not one for predictions, but I would cry ugly tears if there's a quest wherein Aloy uses her Focus to retrace Rost's steps, and there are tasteful echoes of him saying "Follow"

I want some straight up ghosts and spiritual poo poo to appear. Even if it’s just plausibly in Ally’s head when she’s knocked out or whatever.