Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Neil deGrasse Tyson was already confirmed to be playing Doob in the Seveneves Amazon series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Gaben's gonna play Dodge in the reamde show next. And for the baroque cycle? That's right, they actually got sir Isaac Newton.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Baron von Eevl posted:

Anathem ends with Raz's spasming body being used as a vibrator.

haha i very much do not remember this at all

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's something like he's coming back from whatever suspended state he's in and his body starts to spasm (too cold? I forget) and the girl climbs on top of him to help him like stop shaking? I guess? And then the text says something about how "and then that led to quite a bit more happening that I'm not going to get into anyway we're a thing now."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
ohhhh yeah

Neal is extremely horny lmao

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

precision posted:

ohhhh yeah

Neal is extremely horny lmao

Snow Crash and Cryptonomican were two of my favorite books as a teenager and even as an impossibly horny teenage boy I was like whoa, this is a little much.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Bobcats posted:

Every Neal Stephenson book has a sex scene so bad it makes me wonder if it’s an in-joke he has with his fans.

Also Charles Stross is more hip. :agesilaus:

At least in Fall, he cut to the chase with "and then they copulated on the floor". I can't decided if that's worse or better than a detailed scene.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

not a big fan of the guy who looks like a badger affixed itself to john malkovich using the word "copulate"!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

also i forgot stephenson and his coterie of people who like esoteric variants of swords wrote The Mongoliad, as well

i liked the books but have just discovered a whole world of mastubatory publishing methods were also involved in order to get the maximum amount of fanfiction into the maximum number of eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
actually never even read The Mongolioid

haha the failed sword fighting kickstarter was peak 00s