Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
True computer hipsters are looking at PHP 8.1 and loving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

Oh it's very PHP and it's goooooooooood.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

Tom Collins posted:

is PHP just leaning into being poo poo? now with more fiber?

Bud PHP8 fixed almost everything left wrong with PHP (where PHP7 did most of the fixing). Then PHP 8.1 introduced more fiber, and PHP9 is slated to fix a ton of the rest of it (but that's a few years out).

The people behind PHP have learned.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
It's me, I'm the computer hipster that likes modern PHP.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

Fortaleza posted:

[logo in the modern anodyne corporate style, but of a pig]

Trough is the world's most performant data ingestion system and part of the Piggy platform. Written in Go so you can be sure it's fast and reliable!

Install it with

code:
curl -fsL https://piggy.github.io/trough/slop.sh | sh
Happy oinking!

Issue Report:

Summary: `trough` command fails to run recursively when using `-r`

Details:
Hey Piggy and Oink team! I love this tool but I noticed an issue where when I try to run `mud -r ./dir/**/*.feed` it seems to just return back with only the first `feed` being pig-processed. Not sure if there's other reports of this, and I can't give logs as the data here is client confidential. Thanks again!

Response:
Closed, won't fix. `-r` does not mean `recursive`, it's for `roll` and is for telling the piggy engine to do a trough rollup.
Also duplicate of Issue #42069 and #219.
In the future, please note that we don't normally respond to issue reports without logs, please give logs, we Piggies want our logs!

- Oink Oink!