Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

chaosbreather posted:

I actually patreonise some guys who have made a pretty good uxn tutorial series and a book and a YouTube, I recommend you check it out

the way I was leaning it before was implementing my own VM and compiler in Swift which was really fun but I got a bunch of stuff wrong because the docs are super terse and I had to revert to the source code and asking the creator questions.

isnt uxn the weird cryptofash project

lol'ing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Asleep Style posted:

uxn is from 100 rabbits op, they're cool
https://100r.co/site/philosophy.html

e: their uxn page
https://100r.co/site/uxn.html

Oh the people whose community slack has several people who "didn't realise Fascism and specifically Naziism was bad, but have got better now"

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

I have sooooo much poo poo to spill about Merveilles lol

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Asleep Style posted:

sorry, wasn't aware of that. I've only seen their websites, not anything else

Nah it's ok, I think the broad strokes of the community have moved on since somnius set up merveilles.town, but they have quite a lot buried in their backyard that Slack's history lockdown keeps quiet

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

chaosbreather posted:

alexandriao, i'd be concerned about 100r participating in a community that used to have garbage people on there but i'm posting on somethingawful dot com so

besides, 100r are solarpunk vegan weebs who spend their time doing cute drawings and aesthetically reinventing obscure wheels without any practical or commercial purpose while being outspoken against fascism in all forms floating around in a boat on the ocean, so if they are fascists then we gotta do everything possible to get more fascists to be like them

I didn't say Nea or his partner were fascists, just that they turned a willful blind eye to active abuse, and previously, fascism and naziism, when it suited them.

It's one thing to espouse ideals but it's another thing to create community spaces. It's lucky that somnius' job is to do that these days!

Wait, Merveilles town is also hemorrhaging queer people and women, and continues to host known abusers? lol lmao

alexandriao fucked around with this message at 00:57 on May 29, 2022