Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

fart simpson posted:

typescript is the current hipste?

yeah it is

it’s also pee good imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

we can’t all be cool. i will bear this burden for you, yospos

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

MS briefly had a ‘hey maybe they are good now’ period around the time o365 and windows 10 launched, roughly around that time they also made vscode (a great IDE) and created a language called typescript which is basically javascript with strict type checking. it compiles and deploys to javascript so you can run it in lots of places: it’s very nice to work in

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

excuse me, some of us are too stupid/stubborn to know any better languages ok

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Probably Python. This was a couple years ago at this point.

Language support is usually based on installing modules. Python was definitely well supported 2+ years ago, and it would have understood python symbols so you could do intellisesne stuff, but you woulda had to install the module and maybe do some light janitoring to get it all going

VS is really nice too, no shade from me there

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i’m not surprised that c# developers can easily be replaced by ai

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

akadajet posted:

the joke is that fronted development is just as demanding as backend development if not more so

yeah

and backend people like to pretend this isn't true for :smug: reasons imo

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Progressive JPEG with the good posts

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

langs get chosen for a thousand reasons other than what is Objectively The Best, film at 11

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

also lol chaosbreather, forced to use typescript against their will. lmao owned

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

buttchugging adderall posted:

True computer hipsters are looking at PHP 8.1 and loving it.

wth

https://php.watch/versions/8.1/fibers

this is very not-php :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

is running sh -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.github.com/somerandompieceofshit/fart/install.sh)" hipster? i think yes yes

git apologist fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 27, 2022