Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Class Warcraft posted:

My favorite Alone contestant was the cop in one of the first seasons who talked all this poo poo about how he's ready for this because he deals with animals all day in the streets, and then immediately calls for emergency extraction the first night because he can hear animal sounds.

lmao do an All Cops season please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I don't think that was a cop but was in the military at some point. He was def unprepared. Which is still kinda odd because they've shown their auditioning practice in later seasons and they def aren't flippant with it.

That guy also claims he saw the bear and it bluff charged him (not on camera though) and that was really why he tapped out.

As far as what seasons to catch... Honestly you can start from season 1 with Alone. The best thing about that show is that it's very simple and there's no host so there's not much to change from season to season. So they're all pretty quiet and chill.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Oh my god right, the coward rear end cop (i repeat myself), that was absolutely hilarious
Alone's like about the only "I'm gonna put on some reality trash" thing I occasionally put on in the background except for like Cuthroat Kitchen and when I feel like hating every human being on screen on Shark Tank.
HI IM A PRECOCIOUS WHITE BOY WHO'S 12 YEAR OLD PATRICK BATEMAN AND I "INVENTED" A MONTHLY DELIVERY SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE FOR ARTISAL CUPCAKES THAT *ALSO* GIVES BACK TO THE ENVIRONMENT

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

ymgve posted:

There sounds like there is too much Alone/Alone-adjacent content out there, what's the best season to grab?

First couple of seasons, after that the contestants are all students of the show and it just becomes a tedious waiting contest over who can go longest before getting yanked by the doctors for starvation.

edti: Actually first few episodes of later seasons are fine because the people who get eliminated first due to stupidity or misadventure are fun to watch.

withak fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 27, 2024

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ymgve posted:

There sounds like there is too much Alone/Alone-adjacent content out there, what's the best season to grab?

check out season 6. the dude who wins is a absolute legend imo.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
Yeah season 6 is the best if you're only gonna watch one. Maybe watch one of the earlier seasons first just in case you like the show and don't want to ruin it by going straight to the best.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I liked Roland from season 7 better tbh

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I like that Alone has a low key build up and payoff throughout the seasons with the stalking and killing of large game animals.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Enos Cabell posted:

Hundreds of Beavers is amazing, just wildly inventive. Feels like a live action Looney Tunes and had us laughing hard throughout.

Caught it last night. Amazing film. Very smart about being very dumb.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah really wish I'd gotten a chance to catch it in theaters

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Class Warcraft posted:

My favorite Alone contestant was the cop in one of the first seasons who talked all this poo poo about how he's ready for this because he deals with animals all day in the streets, and then immediately calls for emergency extraction the first night because he can hear animal sounds.

I do feel it's kind of lovely of the producers to place them in an area with dangerous wildlife. First episode of season 1 and this dude caught a bear with cubs on camera, no poo poo you want to bail out then. It all seems to come down to luck whether you're dropped into a bear's territory or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The cop camps under an oak tree and taps out as soon as he realizes there's acorns everywhere around him