Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

The core is so good

National treasure is more adventure than action. It’s the best new Indiana jones movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

A MIRACLE posted:

What’s the most 2000s action movie.

The first three Fast and the Furious movies.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Ultraviolet

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
And Paul WS Anderson's filmography consists of nothing but 2000s movies even though some of those movies were made before and after the 2000s

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

A MIRACLE posted:

What’s the most 2000s action movie. I was thinking the gunkata one I don’t remember the name

XXX: State of the Union

Carillon
May 9, 2014

Pitch Black

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

E: nm misread the assignment

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Shageletic posted:

It's this

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Charlie's Angels

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Doughy Ice T invades the capitol with the essential help of some car thieves/racers and the techincal wizardy of his friend, Xzibit

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

they shot the new paul west anderson movie a couple blocks from my house. it was a really big deal

Carillon posted:

Pitch Black

strong contender, going to re watch this one

trying to figure out if Dark City is a 90s movie or a 2000s movie

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 30, 2024

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
You know, I rewatched National Treasure with my kid recently and I forgot that Nick Cage is actually not trying to steal the Declaration of Independence from the jump. He begins the movie trying to prevent it from being stolen and tries a bunch of different things and involving a bunch of different government agencies before finally uttering the titular line, and it's more of a "I'm going to steal it first so the bad guys don't get it".

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Shageletic posted:

Changing my vote(s)

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

the second national treasure is all nic cage trying to prove that his great great great grandfather was not a racist

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Goddamn I love XXX:SotU. It's the perfect idiotic movie. He throws a tank at another tank on an aircraft carrier. He does the Homer Simpson "stewing in his own juices schtick but earnestly.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Is Pitch Black really an action movie? Chronicles of Riddick definitely is more so.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Pitch Black isn't really an action movie IMO. It's more of a scifi thriller.

The most 2000s action movie is Crank

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I'm a couple of episodes into Baby Reindeer and as someone who had a stalker under some eerily creepy circumstances this show is freaking me the gently caress out.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Today my 24 year old coworker showed me a picture of a reindeer with the caption "the reindeer from Baby Reindeer" and I had to have a conversation with them about how people on the Internet are lying but I haven't actually seen the thing

mystes
May 31, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Today my 24 year old coworker showed me a picture of a reindeer with the caption "the reindeer from Baby Reindeer" and I had to have a conversation with them about how people on the Internet are lying but I haven't actually seen the thing
You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

mystes posted:

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

It was very "Oh, honey. Oh honey." Moment

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Shageletic posted:

That the one with ice Cube in it?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah and he's incredibly unbelievable as the lead, it's great. It's like Tom Atkins playing a doctor that ladies are attracted to in Halloween 3. Completely out of place, he should always be a cop or overbearing father/stepfather.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I had a pretty bad reaction to some of the pretty graphic sexual assault. I can't do it in the way they pictured it. Not gonna watch any more

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Baron von Eevl posted:

Yeah and he's incredibly unbelievable as the lead, it's great. It's like Tom Atkins playing a doctor that ladies are attracted to in Halloween 3. Completely out of place, he should always be a cop or overbearing father/stepfather.

This is wrong. Tom Adkins is a sexual tyrannosaurus

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

CelticPredator posted:

This is wrong. Tom Adkins is a sexual tyrannosaurus

You don't get your own action figure without having a certain je ne sais quoi.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaU2A7KyOu4

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Stegosnaurlax posted:

You don't get your own action figure without having a certain je ne sais quoi.

It annoyed me how impossible this was to get and now I’ll never have it

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Ah poo poo I have cancer

But it's one of those innards cancers that's as about as deadly as a skin tag that they can just whip out with a snip and blast the area with radiation

Or so my very cool cardiothoracic doctor told to me. He also said "you're hands, they shake like me sometimes? Stop drinking so much. What you drink?" "Uh ... bourbon" "I don't judge. I am eastern European, my first drink was at four. These loving doctors all "I don't drink I don't smoke" then what the gently caress they live for? Drink a bottle you can read words through, brown has all kinds of stuff in it, drink vodka, tequila, gin. And beer poo poo is not even alcohol. We do biopsy sometime we call you"

I do not think he got a great read of my medical history from my GP at the substance abuse clinic who referred me to him but he kicked rear end

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

That

loving

Sucks

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Eh treatments free and my chest'll probably just hurt for a while from what I can tell. Tiny tiny chance of it being mean

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Drunk Old Eastern European is not gonna be the surgeon. He humiliated the surgeon when they were going over my CT charts on the computer, though. Surgeon was scrolling through with the mouse and the doctor was like "nope ... back ... okay forward, forward you missed it back ... forward. You missed it again. Switch to soft tissue. Forward, there"

"Oh yeah I see it"

"HahaHA, this is why the hospital pays me big bucks! I SEE what the children don't"

My girlfriend once bought a doctor a very nice fauntain pen because he was cool when she had a breast cancer scare. I'm gonna buy this dude a nice bottle of bourbon

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 12:17 on May 1, 2024

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

If it goes smoothly you'll have the incredible super power of terrible disease bragging rights while being essentially healthy. As healthy as a person who posts here can be, anyway

E oh man and it's free, you're looking at a cancer scare vacation, cancer scare new car,

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 12:04 on May 1, 2024

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

The Peccadillo posted:

My girlfriend once bought a doctor a very nice fauntain pen because he was cool when she had a breast cancer scare. I'm gonna buy this dude a nice bottle of bourbon

No, he already said you shouldn't drink that!

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Baron von Eevl posted:

No, he already said you shouldn't drink that!

I assume I'll see him a couple times before I actually get chopped up so I'll subtly remind him of the banter so he's not like "ew" *bin* and is instead like "haha oh yeah" *bin*

I do like him a lot though so I should probably just buy him a bottle of Espelon

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Inspector Hound posted:

If it goes smoothly you'll have the incredible super power of terrible disease bragging rights while being essentially healthy. As healthy as a person who posts here can be, anyway

E oh man and it's free, you're looking at a cancer scare vacation, cancer scare new car,

I think claiming yourself a cancer survivor from having a schwannoma is like saying you survived the plague because you saw a rat in a dream once

Technical true but it's weird

E: whoop meant to put this all in the genchat thread, I have cancer not allowed to be mad at me

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 13:28 on May 1, 2024

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Stegosnaurlax posted:

That the one with ice Cube in it?

Lol yeah take away my Straight Outta Compton album, it should be Ice Cube instead of T.

At one point Ice Cube is falling from a bridge, amd then he shoots the water so he could fall into it safely

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 13:34 on May 1, 2024

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Here's another scenario from XXX: State of the Union that involves a bridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEfrXUOrhNQ

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 13:24 on May 1, 2024

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023
I miss the days you could just jump a zodiac on to a bridge, and explode a crown vic into a river.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The Peccadillo posted:

Drunk Old Eastern European is not gonna be the surgeon. He humiliated the surgeon when they were going over my CT charts on the computer, though. Surgeon was scrolling through with the mouse and the doctor was like "nope ... back ... okay forward, forward you missed it back ... forward. You missed it again. Switch to soft tissue. Forward, there"

"Oh yeah I see it"

"HahaHA, this is why the hospital pays me big bucks! I SEE what the children don't"

I'd like to see a show about this man, prefereably on USA, where characters are welcome.