Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Is there another streaming thread? This one has been slow for a while.

Oh, Scavengers Reign was very unique and good. Give it a look if you're trying to break your rut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Scavenger's Reign was excellent. It's good to see out there sci fi like that being made.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

TV thread in Tviv is pretty busy

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Shageletic posted:

TV thread in Tviv is pretty busy

Aren't they all TV threads

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

TV is streaming now.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

television doesn’t stop

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Movies being television-ized started with Iron Man, really.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Scavenger's Reign was excellent. It's good to see out there sci fi like that being made.

Really loving cool show. I loved it.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Edward Mass posted:

Movies being television-ized started with Iron Man, really.

Explain.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Inspector Hound posted:

Aren't they all TV threads

Ha meant the TV couch chat thread

E: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4050840

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Oh, Scavengers Reign was very unique and good. Give it a look if you're trying to break your rut.

This is the binge thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=2882964&perpage=40&pagenumber=623#pti30

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

At least for me it's surprising that people aren't just talking about Films in this thread, since it's in CD. We talked about Scavenger's Reign for a while in the adult animation thread in TVIV - it's criminal that you can't get it outside of the US without using illicit methods, seriously.

Watched the Maze Runner last night. Then I read the synopsis of the book on Wikipedia. Man the film really doesn't make any sense and while I'm not saying the book is a masterpiece all the questions I had from the film were answered there immediately. How the gently caress can anyone be "stung" if they haven't even seen the baddies in the film? Doesn't make sense AT ALL

Taear fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 3, 2024

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Idk where this fits with the general opinion of the maze runner series, but my enjoyment of the movies starts with the last one and works backwards.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Taear posted:

Watched the Maze Runner last night. Then I read the synopsis of the book on Wikipedia. Man the film really doesn't make any sense and while I'm not saying the book is a masterpiece all the questions I had from the film were answered there immediately. How the gently caress can anyone be "stung" if they haven't even seen the baddies in the film? Doesn't make sense AT ALL
I can't remember if I watched the movie of maze runner or not but honestly nothing in the book makes any sense anyway. The author clearly came up with the initial scenario and then just made up poo poo as they were going along to try to make it sort of work.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Kingtheninja posted:

Idk where this fits with the general opinion of the maze runner series, but my enjoyment of the movies starts with the last one and works backwards.
I just remember how the first one doesn't really prepare you for what the series is really about, which is zombies.

My memories of this series are also blending together with the silly Divergent movies, too.

mystes
May 31, 2006

JazzFlight posted:

My memories of this series are also blending together with the silly Divergent movies, too.
Another strong contender in the genre of "come up with a weird YA SF/F premise that doesn't actually make sense and try to see if you can write your way out of it"

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

JazzFlight posted:

I just remember how the first one doesn't really prepare you for what the series is really about, which is zombies.

"The sun destroyed the earth! And now also we're infected with a disease that makes us mad"
Pick an apocalypse and stick with it buddy

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Taear posted:

At least for me it's surprising that people aren't just talking about Films in this thread, since it's in CD. We talked about Scavenger's Reign for a while in the adult animation thread in TVIV - it's criminal that you can't get it outside of the US without using illicit methods, seriously.

This started as the Netflix thread, back when it was "Netflix Instant Watch" and the catalog was almost entirely licensed films. Then it became the general streaming service thread, and the streaming services switched to making their own TV shows rather than licensing films.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The new Kyle Kinane special came out on YouTube yesterday and it is hilarious. Dude is probably my favorite modern comedian.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

X Men 97 is a loving banger and this week's episode is INCREDIBLE

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Tim Whatley posted:

X Men 97 is a loving banger and this week's episode is INCREDIBLE

I love, love, love that they incorporated the X-Men beat em up from the 90s into the show.

I really couldn't have cared less about this show when it was first announced but I am completely on board now. The decision to heavily lean into the 90s aesthetic and not just continue the old show was loving brilliant and I hope someone got a raise because of it.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Mars Attacks is on tubi, as is The People Under the Stairs and Showgirls. All straight up incredible loving bangers. Goddamn Mars Attacks is just one of my all time faves, that cast.

Just goes to show that movies whose titles end in an exclamation point are usually good

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Mars Attacks is on tubi, as is The People Under the Stairs and Showgirls. All straight up incredible loving bangers. Goddamn Mars Attacks is just one of my all time faves, that cast.

Just goes to show that movies whose titles end in an exclamation point are usually good

Is it normal Showgirls or the cable edit with hilarious CGI clothes

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I'm finally getting around to watching the second season of Invincible and after recognizing a few of the voices I looked up the cast and it is fuckin stacked good lord

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Medullah posted:

Pretty sure it's normal Showgirls (this is the first time I've seen it)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Been rewatching Strangers with Candy. Show is still so loving funny and ahead of it's time.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Field Mousepad posted:

The new Kyle Kinane special came out on YouTube yesterday and it is hilarious. Dude is probably my favorite modern comedian.

Yeah this one was good! I saw Kyle a bunch when we both lived in LA he’s one of my faves

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh hey I hung out with that guy for an evening once after my friend opened for him. yeah he's good. nice guy too. I'll have to check out his new special.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

It was v funny

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The fast and furious bit is an instant classic

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

New Roadhouse was miserable

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Upsidads posted:

New Roadhouse was miserable
yeah. someone described it as essentially Reacher and I realized that was my problem. I didn't even mind Reacher season 1, but it's incredibly lame to cut off all the edges of Swayze's Dalton to fit this into that. the actual Road House bar completely sucks in this movie; it loses any sense of the grimy, grossly sexy appeal of the original and replaces it with blandness.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Bad writing, bad action direction, sudden murdering spree feels out of character, sweet lord the acting it's so bad

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

how is mcgregor in it? I was morbidly curious after I saw that extremely strung-out looking interview he did.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

veni veni veni posted:

Been rewatching Strangers with Candy. Show is still so loving funny and ahead of it's time.

absolutely stellar show, I still do the 'mash calculator wildly and give a smug response' thing mr noblet does to Jerri as often as I can

Famethrowa posted:

how is mcgregor in it? I was morbidly curious after I saw that extremely strung-out looking interview he did.

hes a ludicrous joke, wildly awkward on camera with terrible delivery and a constantly shifting accent

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I like the new Roadhouse but McGregor was god awful.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Yeah I'd say god awful about sums it up

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

Can't act, just shits out every line with same inflection. His character might as well be a fast and furious villain he's so boring yet undeveloped.
Doesn't help that outside of Jake it's a cast of too rough for Hallmark movies.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
thought Scoop would be about litter box cleaning technique. 0/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nowwhat
Jan 10, 2015

Medullah posted:

If you really want to see the cable edit, it's on the Internet Archive, (https://archive.org/details/showgirls-tv-version)

They only cut out 40 minutes!