Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
The Shudder streaming service is great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

regulargonzalez posted:

The Last Duel on HBO Max gets a mixed review from me. Matt Damon isn't a good enough actor to pull off what he's trying to do, and isn't helped by his rubbish, inconsistent accent. It's Kevin Costner as Robin Hood tier. The color grading is also annoying, I thought we finished with that poo poo a decade ago. And the overall story flow is choppy and rushed.

On the other hand, the story itself is interesting and pulls off a clever, Rashomon-esque presentation. And -- and I know you're not going to believe this -- Ben Affleck is remarkable in his role. Easily his best performance. He transforms into his role in a way I never would have thought possible.

The battle scenes and the titular duel are fantastic -- raw, brutal, intense.

Worth a watch.

There's a The Last Duel thread if you wanna post about it some more. There's a really cool article about the movie in the thread.

It was definitely one of the best movies to come out last year

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I really liked the hair choices. Played well with their characters

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I said this in another thread but Diamond Dallas Page as an unhinged Batman is a lot of fun in Guardians of Justice.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Famethrowa posted:

it was sick as gently caress, but you gotta be used to Refn's other movies. it ends on the psychotic Twin Peaks-esque antagonist singing a really beautiful Thai karaoke song and ties up the movie perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP4gS9fxOAU

Its my favorite Refn film

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
How dare you disrespect 98 degrees like that

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Finished severance last night. What a loving show, very good poo poo.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Plex's paid service only unlocks more features like better quality transcoding, hdr tone mapping, the types of users that you can share you plex with (I think free only let's you add 'managed' users like a basic account you'd make for grandma or something). I think you can only use the mobile apps if you subscribe but I'm not 100% sure.

I bought a lifetime pass way back when plex first launched and it's been an incredible service and I just use it for my own stuff and share mine with friends.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Lance Reddick in full leather with the flat top haircut about killed me. I laughed so hard at that.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

God Hole posted:

couldn't make it through the first episode but if I wanted to see Lance Reddick play Wesker I would just watch The Guest again

That's fair, that movie rocks

Best Captain America sequel

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I'm awake, no more pirating tips n tricks

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

IShallRiseAgain posted:

But how are people going to know to wear an eyepatch, so they can see better in the dark?

There's a cosplay thread somewhere on the forums!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

BisterdDave posted:

I got 30 minutes into The Sandman before I was bored to tears. I dunno, maybe I just chose a bad day to start it. Decided to check out Ash vs Evil Dead for the first time instead and I'm digging it so far.

It took me a couple episodes to warm up to sandman, so you made the right call, AvED is great from the jump

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
As a fan of RZ, Munsters looks like crap but I hear it works as a family friendly extremely light horror/comedy. I might give it a whirl with my kiddo watching but if she's not into it I don't plan to watch it alone.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I dont mind midnight club but it's dragging its feet so hard and full flanaganisms. If you thought midnight mass was some peak Flanagan he deffo did a "hold my beer" bit on this one. The acting isn't also as good as Mass so it's more noticeable imo. Honestly the central gimmick of the kids telling each other stories is the worst part of the show lol just give me more of the spooky cult stuff

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Field Mousepad posted:

I just watched Peacemaker earlier this year and drat it is great. I recommend it to everyone.

And 100% agree on the opening

Has anyone watched the new VHS movie by chance? I loved the first two but they kind of fell off after that.

Vhs 3 is the worst, vhs 94 is a return to form but doesn't quite hit the highs of 2, haven't seen vhs 99 yet

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Field Mousepad posted:

I read today 99 is coming out on the 20th. The IMDb scores are not good but I'll still probably check it out.

i gobble up found footage so ill find an excuse to like it

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
no clue but bonestorms my fav segment of viral

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
No but it has skeletons finding skater teens

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
That was supposed to say fighting but all the same I suppose

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Nuts and Gum posted:

Haven’t watched the new one, but I was feeling spoopy on Sunday and watched the original Hellraiser on HBOmax. Aside from some neat practical effects it’s a horrible movie, no idea why it got all the sequels. I also hated the lead actors, especially the dad.

Wow wrong

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Nihonniboku posted:

Well, Barbarian was hosed. Thanks, guys

:getin:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

mystes posted:

I thought everyone in cinema discusso loved it when it came out?

It was pretty well regarded iirc, always some people that didn't enjoy a flick though. I thought it was very pretty and well cast but I didn't really care for the secret child plot stuff. Absolutely love the drone strike while she gets her nails done scene

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

precision posted:

Great the Christmas likers have logged on :jerkbag:

It should always be Halloween

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
horror movies are the best

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
There is an Oscar thread, please shift Oscar chat there.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
There's a poll in the horror thread about skinamarink that I need to check the results on lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

54.1% Yeah
45.9% Naw

40 to 34 was the horror thread divide

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Starks posted:

I basically haven’t watched that movie because I hate seeing people puke. Might give it a go but will 100% fast forward that. It almost ruined twin peaks the return for me as well

It's the best scene in the movie lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

A MIRACLE posted:

Hmm is there a physical media thread I have stupid questions about NTSC vs PAL because I’m trying to buy this Jim jarmusch box set online but it’s only available in PAL format I don’t know what I’m doing I usually buy dvds in person

yep

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

mcmagic posted:

I thought the CG in Andor looked good. Mando is spotty. The Marvel shows all look like garbo though.

It's incredibly funny how bad the marvel cg is

Tho I feel bad for the cg artists being under incredible crunch in order to churn it out half complete

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Star wars sucks

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I've seen 7 of them n would say no.

If you're looking for cool found footage you should check out Noroi: The Curse by Koji Shiraishi on amc+/shudder, netflix also has a cool one called Incantation.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Shageletic posted:

Yeah im not going to see the entirety if the Chucky franchise. I might check that out but I guess it's just a series of slasher kills which def doesn't sound appetizing?

Missing out

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Raised By Wolves was so good and I'm bummed it died

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Wolfsheim posted:

excuse me???

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Black Summer is so good. I did get whiplash going from z nation to black summer tho lol

Name Change posted:

The bleak and emotional genocide aftermath of Black Summer is something that the Walking Dead's soap opera stopped even aspiring to. The Walking Dead is only bleak if you are engaged with doctor highlander. The long take action sequences in Black Summer are also a full tier above.

John Hyams directed a bunch of episodes which explains why the action is so good. Dude knows how to shoot brutal action

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 9, 2023

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Synchronic is their worst but I find it oddly charming. It's like them trying really hard to make something schmaltzy .

Something in the Dirt whips a whole lot of rear end, one of my favs they've done

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I dunno slo mo looks badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
House of Hummingbird is streaming for free on multiple platforms and its really good! It's also the movie the month!