Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Lazy_Liberal posted:

what does soy mean. like too effeminate?? she hulk? well i'm gay so i'm excited to watch at least

It's a reference to a pre-WW2 white supremacist conspiracy theory that asian men are effeminate because they eat soybeans which contains estrogen analog molecules, which was dusted off and had a bit of a modern polish applied as a part of the gamergate/alt-right/neo-nazi resurgence. Soyboys are effiminate men, soyface is a particular kind of facial expression made by effeminate men, etc. It is used by the same weirdos who draw green lines on photos to measure dominance by calculating who is leaning towards whom, and is interchangeable with e.g. cuck (and cuckface) or beta males or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

My understanding is that it is based on general Tolkien vibes and they explicitly cannot use any of the stories from the source material.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Yeah, you'd want to make people think your product is authentic if you're legally prohibited from using any of the rights that have been sold to other companies.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

The Santa Clarita Diet is great if you like watching Timothy Olyphant have a continuous nervous breakdown trying to find Nazi baseball teams to feed to his wife Drew Barrymore.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

ozmunkeh posted:

Love to watch a 5 minute YouTube video stretched out to almost three hours.

good news!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9OhTB5eBqQ

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Don't go looking for its source material.

Or do, if you want a laugh.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

The instant Netflix and Amazon and everybody else can change the Oscar rules to not require a theatrical release they're never going to release their movies in theaters again.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Isn't SNL a (TV) 90 minute show that they cut down to a (TV) 60 for reruns?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

but that can't account for some episodes being 20 minutes long.

oh that's wild

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Andor benefits from the Star Wars involvement purely because they can skip a bunch of otherwise necessary setup regarding the circumstances and the stakes and move straight to the unique part of the story.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Nope is my favorite Peele movie; very much a mood piece with a unique monster. I especially liked the part where the social media influencer dipshit got merked.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

A MIRACLE posted:

andor is probably going to be an outlier , i wouldn't expect most of their shows to be good like that. if only HBO had the star wars license...

... then they could make it like Westworld or Game of Thrones?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

distortion park posted:

I haven't watched much recent star wars stuff but the SFX in this trailer look like garbage?

Basically all Disney+ CG is trash.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Roku's don't multitask, when you hit the Home button it terminates the current app, except for the Netflix app which is always loaded. I assume there's some kind of deal where in order for Roku to get the Netflix app at all they had to provide performance guarantees or something.

Having said that, I've never had the Netflix app crash on Roku.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Then why would anybody subscribe to Max?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

After less than three years?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I enjoyed it but he is very much on the peak of his bullshit.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

CGI is non-union.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

TV is streaming now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Taear posted:

At least for me it's surprising that people aren't just talking about Films in this thread, since it's in CD. We talked about Scavenger's Reign for a while in the adult animation thread in TVIV - it's criminal that you can't get it outside of the US without using illicit methods, seriously.

This started as the Netflix thread, back when it was "Netflix Instant Watch" and the catalog was almost entirely licensed films. Then it became the general streaming service thread, and the streaming services switched to making their own TV shows rather than licensing films.