Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Over the last few months my partner and I watched the entirety of Baywatch on Hulu. It's a fascinating show. Season 1 is almost a completely different show from what it would become. My favorite episode is probably when three of the lifeguards f off to Mexico to reenact the plot of Three Amigos. Almost all of the characters are terrible people, with the exception of Newmie and Jason Momoa, who was about a billion times more charismatic than everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

FishBowlRobot posted:

One of the greatest TV show intros of all time. The early seasons, anyway.

Some friends and I watched a ton of episodes on the Baywatch channel of Pluto TV. Bizarre show for sure. Multiple music montages every episode, retelling the Phantom of the Opera story, etc.

Have you watched the Baywatch Nights spin-off? Can probably still be found on YouTube.

Definitely another oddity, especially the second season. Hasselhoff, Baywatch’s police liaison, and Angie Harmon run a detective agency. The second season has them handling paranormal cases since X-Files was popular at the time.

https://youtu.be/jl4NLQrJRxE

https://youtu.be/W6JxMx1IKIQ

The Baywatch theme is the best part of the show. The piano solo is so sick.

I tried watching some Baywatch Nights on Youtube but I only made it a couple episodes. I would totally watch a remastered version though. It was real strange when it would bleed over to regular Baywatch, like Mitch would show up smelling like garlic and vaguely allude to having been up all night hunting vampires.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I never really thought about it but that guy really is going apeshit on that piano

I got so into it I searched for videos of people playing it live and this guy delivered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYfcSlCvU5U

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

I hate hate that on my Roku TV i have to exit back to the loving homescreen settings to toggle subtitles on Disney+ and HBO Max, then go back in. Especially since the stuff I watch on those are most likely to have the loud as hell action scene vs library quiet talking scene volume swing.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

We had elderly relatives staying with us for the last week so we started watching Great British Bake-Off, and you know what, it's loving great.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Golden Bee posted:

Do you have the * on the remote? That works for my Roku Box.

Thanks for this!

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

I got a free trial of Paramount Plus to watch the AFCCG. Give me some good stuff to watch on there before I cancel it please.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

I hate Doctor Who too so I just sort of recognized that it happened, I can't help but like Peter Capaldi though

I watched Doctor Who from Eccleston to the middle if Capaldi's run before I realized it sucked. I have no excuse. It was the first British show I ever watched, so I guess I thought it was supposed to be lovely.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Better Nate Than LEver was a lot of fun. That kid is a star.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

RE: Nolanchat

his movies suck and they get worse every time you see them. Tenet is another level though, it's very likely the worst big-budget "blockbuster" style movie I've ever seen

Yeah Tenet was so annoying to watch with the awful sound mixing. The worst one for me though is still Sucker Punch.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Watching Flubber and this movie has a murderer's row of bad guys: Shawshank guard captain, Arlo Givens/the jerk who tried to screw the Jamaican bobsled team, Buffalo Bill, Shooter McGavin, Wesley Crusher . . .

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

Watched RRR last night, it slaps hard.

I’m a sucker for a scene of two men clasping hands as they flex their bis, and this one has an all time version of that scene.

This was the greatest stuff, double flex, slam to title screen 40 min in, hero friendship montage.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

A MIRACLE posted:

Also in the mood for some Indian bro comedy suggestions like Three Idiots and Delhi Belly

Have you watched RRR yet?

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Baron von Eevl posted:

I'd love to watch the new B&B movie but there's literally no force on earth that could compel me to sign up for Paramount+ so maybe it'll crash and burn soon and they'll sell their library off to some other service I already have.

If you have kids it is pretty good, my son and I watch mad Rocko and Spongebob

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

Comedians, even bad ones, doing dramatic roles is almost always interesting.

I was incredibly disappointed with Chris Rock in Fargo S4. I was excited to see him in the mob boss role and he was terrible.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Speaking of stuff by the Sunny crew, I watched Matilda on Netflix with my family recently (directed by DeVito) and holy poo poo Pam Ferris should have won an Oscar for playing the Trunchbull.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

I just want to say I'm down for this Bluey chat. My kid likes it and it's so much better than most programming for young kids which is 99% garbage.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

I got the cheapest Peacock with ads purely to watch Sunday Night Football. My wife also uses it to watch the Office for background noise on the days she works from home, so the ads don't bother her. I tried watching Nope and gave up and ended up just paying to rent it on Prime.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

"Oh, you mean the four million dollars?" is such a great joke that I didn't get until I saw Twins as an adult.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

We finally got around to watching Andor, and it was really good! Not only is it far and away the best Star Wars show, it's a legit great show. You could strip away all the sci-fi dressing and it would still be a compelling story.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

I remember liking Rogue One in the theaters. I recently rewatched it and realized I just like Donnie Yen.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Finally watching Banshees of Inisherin, and this is the most hilarious movie I've seen in a long time.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

I've been watching lots of cartoons with my boys:

X-Men: The Animated Series is on Disney Plus, and sadly, it is very hard to watch. The animation is trash. This was a staple cartoon for me, so it was a real bummer because I was hype for my kids to watch it.

Batman: The Animated Series is on HBO Max, and it's really good! I think I like it even more now, and my kids are digging it. That Mr. Freeze origin episode, masterpiece.

I've also been getting sick of watching the same animated movies over and over, so I've been putting on stuff that I missed out on when they came out.

Treasure Planet was better than I thought it would be. Silver is an underrated Disney villain. The CGI is really lovely in parts, especially compared to . . .

Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmaron, on Netflix. I had zero desire to ever watch this movie, and it was unexpectedly very enjoyable. The CGI in this one was used really well, especially for the time it came out. My older son was enthralled, he was real worried when the horses fell in the rapids, on edge during the train crash sequence (which was incredibly well done), and let out a big cheer when Spirit made his huge jump. Strong recommend.

I'm disappointed that Titan AE isn't on any streaming services.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

New season of the Great American Baking Show is pretty good. It's better than the last British season.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Hey now, my wife's parents who share our HBO Max are pumped about the amount of trash available to them now.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

DVD: The Simpsons season 6

I lost all my Simpsons dvds years ago, and I really wish there was a way to watch them on streaming with the DVD commentary tracks.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

I got Peacock with ads to watch Sunday Night Football and forgot to cancel it. My wife and I have been watching a lot of old Top Chef, and it often cuts to the next episode before the final ad break. Really annoying.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

trevorreznik posted:

At this point, as long as it's scripted content I don't even care. My kid was watching some idiotic super Mario brothers cartoon from the 90s but it's a hell of a lot better than infinite amounts of Mario Lore via YouTube algorithms

The older content hits I've found so far are Darkwing Duck and Honey I've Shrunk the Kids

My kid is really into Buzz and Woody, after running through everything on Disney Plus a kajillion times, we've resorted to watching a supercut of all the Toy Story cutscenes from Kingdom Hearts 3 on YouTube.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

How does Elemental compare with Zootopia? It seems like they're the same story.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Latest Rez Dogs was incredible. Now that I have kids, this hit me right in the chest. Devery Jacobs and Ethan Hawke both need Emmys for this. It would have been so easy to just write Elora's dad as some piece of poo poo guy. Instead, we got a real picture of a flawed man who knows he hosed up real bad, knows he can't ever make up for it, and is barely holding it together trying to do better with the kids he does have. I really felt for both him and Elora.

This was masterclass writing and acting. Just real humanity on screen. This season has been fantastic. Give this show all the awards, there's nothing better on TV this year.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Medullah posted:

I was a tiny bit disappointed with the finale but only because in a season full of 10/10 episodes a 9/10 stands out. Was still incredible and no show has made me as emotional as this one

More coda than climax, but I really enjoyed it. Big's eggplant had me howling. I'm gonna miss those shitasses.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Reservation Dogs is the best show of the 2020's so far, of course it's over. They definitely stuck the landing.

Yeah, this is accurate. Second best show was Beef.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Genuinely I could make a 30 Movies You Have To See Immediately list and every single one would be on Tubi rn. And I'd miss like 30 more. Kinda unsettling.

Give us a few picks please, it doesn't have to be 30 or 60.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Watching the new TMNT movie on Paramount+ with my kids, and hey this is pretty good. Interesting look, good soundtrack, De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest; MOP - Ante Up was a surprisingly hard choice for this kids movie.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Field Mousepad posted:

Ante up is a banger, not sure how it works in a pg-13 movie seeing it's about robbing people and whatnot

It's an an early montage of the Turtles "getting groceries", i.e. jacking grocery stores and delivery trucks in a fun PG-13 way.

I found out in the credits that Trent Reznor did the score. It was good stuff.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Netflix crashes by far the most on my Roku TV. It also crashes the hardest, to where sometimes I have to unplug the whole thing and plug it back in. Max crashes the second most, and when it does it just kicks me back to the home screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Watch Toy Story 2.

After that, you can watch Season 6, Episode 21 of the Simpsons (The PTA Disbands!).

Tokelau All Star fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 11, 2024