Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
On Apple TV+...........Earth at Night and Tiny World are cool animal shows with Tom Hiddleston and Paul Rudd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

It really surprises me that Station Eleven is not getting more of a reaction. I see how people can not enjoy parts of it, but it is so self contained and only 10 episodes to tell a great story -- it's not that big a commitment.

I liked that show but the evil kid "prophet" was dumb. Why was the creepy little psychopath so angry again? WAAAAAH.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jan 23, 2022

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I got through 1.5 seasons of Billions but it seems to just repeat itself "Paul the Attorney busts Damien the slimy hedge fund douche, oh wait no he doesn't" over and over again along with Maggie Siff quitting and returning to the same job over and over again. I can't see it going 6 seasons despite some great actors. And like Succession, Everyone is a huge dickbag in the show too but not near as hilarious.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

The Peccadillo posted:

I like Brolin completely trying to ignore his cosmic hole and having no idea what it's deal is in Outer Range despite getting shoved down into an alternate Nazi world by his rambler and then shot in the leg after being told by his alternaye reality wife that he's dead and has to run and diving back into the cosmic hole under insane amounts of gunfire from A Military. He's really not concerned. He's just like 'well that was a thing but I got a ranch to run and a family to help out'
He just approaches his rambler and is like "hey... cut that out"

does one side have the extra cows?

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Mr. Robot is best left after the S1 finale with the limo/illuminati mansion meeting.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Even Kareem is making comments saying Jerry West was not that insane. It is an entertaining show, though.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar posted:

It’s a shame the way they treat Jerry West, who has openly discussed his struggle with mental health, especially depression. Instead of exploring his issues with compassion as a way to better understand the man, they turn him into a Wile E. Coyote cartoon to be laughed at. He never broke golf clubs, he didn’t throw his trophy through the window. Sure, those actions make dramatic moments, but they reek of facile exploitation of the man rather than exploration of character.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 11, 2022

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Tiny World and Earth at Night

Servant is dumb.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I don't know how Adelstein doesn't get chopped up since he's rude and disrespectful to nearly everyone in power.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

How is the Shrink Next Door?

I listened to the podcast and it kind of sucked and was deeply annoying, but it seems like a more fictional, comedy version of it could be alright.

It dragged on a bit and like many shows these days just needed to be a 2 hr movie.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Jeb and Bill are definitely a TD worthy crime solving team.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The Bear got renewed for season 2, very good news.

I guess those Chicago Italian Beef sandwiches are really that complicated. :shrug:

https://parade.com/1401511/theresagreco/chicago-italian-beef-sandwich/

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I watched the 1890's :france: Dreyfus Affair film "Officer and a Spy" with Jean Dujardin from 2019 and it was really well done and detailed despite the horrible jerk who directed it.

A bit hard to find streaming in :911: though.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I finally dumped Netflix (had since 2001!) :catstare: in May 2021 ....................until July 2022 and I've watched pretty much everything that I gave a crap about and will let it expire on Aug 27 again and then wait another year or more.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I hope Arnold and Danny Glover gave Amber Midthunder a thumbs up for kicking the poo poo out of that dumbass Eric Trump predator

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
you guys forgot Hot Hot Heat

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
So far Andor could be any sci fi evil empire vs rebels story and that's good. Do we think the producers learned from ObiWan's issues?

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I just gave up on Amzn Prime and will let it expire in December after what seems like 20 straight years. There was nothing left to watch and anything new they may have brewing can wait a few years.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Basebf555 posted:

They have Columbo, so there's that

I can get Columbo on Peacock! My tv shows were basically down to this and I can wait to finish a 3rd lap through the Expanse (fell off mid S4).

It looks like you don't need a Prime sub to watch X Files, Rockford or Columbo anyway since it's on Freevee. :meh:

Almost all the movies I had saved all are unavailable/somewhere else now anyway.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 3, 2022

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
the only "mysteries" in Columbo are:

1. how arrogant, somewhat clever but ultimately dumb the perps are
2. how badly Columbo will humiliate them in the last 10 minutes

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
they had to spend hours per day making Gary Oldman so gross and smelly

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
George is the evil hero of Poldark!

Francis (Syril from Andor) is also cool as a cousin of Ross.

Everyone in the show is basically a dumbass except those two.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 14, 2022

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Cinema Discusso › "What's Streaming?" 90 minute movie stretched into 8 episode hours

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
The thing about Picard that also sucks is that Patrick Stewart should have been doing this show back after he was done with the films in the mid-2000's instead of now. :smith:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I am a classical music listener and liked Tar but also just watched it over 3 days and after reading the reviews/easter eggs.
She is definitely dreaming/imagining the last third or is she?
It definitely had some Black Swan stuff going on too.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

A Proper Uppercut posted:

It was very much "This ain't your momma's Perry Mason". Surprisingly graphic in a lot of ways. It was really loving good. This sucks.

yeah, more like James Ellroy's "Perry Mason" with a 45 y/o burned out WW1 veteran (not even a lawyer yet) drunken dirtbag

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Joe Pickett (never heard of the books) probably had potential, but also has the most clumsily cliched writing with every side character a ridiculous caricature with awful dialogue. Michael Dornan is basically fine with what he's given, but it really could have used some better writers.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
My plan of only watching the final episode of Hijacked worked out fine! solid 7/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Aglet56 posted:

The Netflix all quiet on the western front ending was ridiculous. It was honestly like a 30 rock bit or something. Just a complete misunderstanding of what the story is about

yeah, the film making/production/acting part of it is fantastic, what they did with the timeline and story was utterly stupid and it really made no sense. If Daniel Brühl needed an important role just have him be an officer.