Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

nonathlon posted:

I got 3 episodes into Search Party and had to bounce. It's great and well made but I just found the characters too awful. And I've enjoyed series featuring awful people before (hello IASIP) but Search Party is something else. Maybe it's because they're so realistically awful and not comically so, it lands harder.

All this talk of S5 is making me want to reattempt watching it.

This was and is my experience too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I'm going to have to give Station 11 another chance it seems. I watched the first episode randomly with my family over the holidays and we were all confused by a lot of the choices the characters were making with seemingly no context for why they were making those decisions, so I bounced off.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

veni veni veni posted:

What specifically? Only thing I can think of is the main guys choice to run on stage, which is specifically treated as an odd thing to do and it’s implied there’s more to it than we know.

I’ve only watched 2 episodes but I can’t really think of anything else in episode 1.

It was a while ago and I just thought it was a random throwaway show since I hadn't heard anything about it when we watched, so I don't really remember. I just remember asking "why" a lot while watching. I'm going to give it another watch and see if I feel differently. It was pretty late when we watched so maybe we were all tired.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Field Mousepad posted:

It had it's time, let it stay retired I say.

The King's Man was just kinda meh. Pretty run of the mill spy/action stuff, I love the franchise but this is probably the weakest one so far.

I liked The King's Man well enough but it had a very different tone compared to the earlier ones

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

isaboo posted:

I will say, though, that Gymkata >>>>> Gunkata

The SKILL of gymnastics. The KILL of karate!

This is showing next month at a bar-near-me's monthly "bad movie" night thing! I'm very excited

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Not sure I get the recs for Deep Water. Granted, I was quite high watching it but the motivations were not coming through for me

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Nihonniboku posted:

It was announced today that The Real Housewives of New York will be split into two shows.

The ratings went into the tank in season 13. The show had lost several longtime cast members, and producers saw it as an opportunity to make the cast younger and more diverse, as the cast was otherwise in their 50s or 60s, and entirely white.

They brought in 30 something Leah, a fashion designer in season 12, and Eboni, a lawyer and former Fox News contributor (and can currently be seen on CBS's Beyond the Edge. The older cast generally rejected the newer cast members, and really struggled how to handle race issues. Ramona and Heather were overtly racist towards Eboni in particular. They ended up scrapping the reunion altogether, and put the show on hold until they could figure out a solution.

Season 14 on Bravo will feature a reboot of the cast, with the intention of reflecting a more diverse New York City. Its unclear if it will feature the returns of Leah and Eboni in this show.

A show featuring legacy cast members from the past will air on Peacock (hence why this post is relevant to this thread). I expect it will likely include Ramona, Luann, Dorinda, Sonja, and Jill at the very least, although they've made no casting announcements.

I don't watch these but this sounds like they're doing... Real Housewives of NY and Real White Housewives of NY? Am I misreading this?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Booyah- posted:

I found out today that owning a ps5 gets you a six month trial of AppleTV, you just have to download their app there and sign in with an account

Did not know this. Thanks!

e: looks like it's also for PS4 owners too

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1600148805067972608

I think Mindy Kaling might be an idiot. I've been made aware of "the sex lives of college girls" and it possibly has the most annoying characters of any show this side of WB poo poo.

Is she wrong? I'm trying to imagine a show in 2022 doing the race episode where Michael wants people to act out stereotypes. It would blow up so fast.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Man I miss The Genius

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

OldSenileGuy posted:

I think I’m the only person on the planet that loved Tomorrowland

You are not! I think it's really fun but I'm a sucker for the genre

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

What is "one of those" for the rest of us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Now streaming on Showtime is a movie from 2002 called The Good Girl. Jennifer Aniston is a small-town Texas woman whose life seems to be going nowhere, John C. Reilly is her shlubby housepainter husband, Jake Gyllenhaal is a pretentious tortured artist type. With a big scoop of Tim Blake Nelson! It's funny but also very sincere in a sweet early-2000's kinda way. It's that kind of indie movie from back then that said "These quirky people have emotions, and life is complicated and stuff."

Also there's an alternate reality where people actually paid attention to Jennifer Aniston's performance in this movie and she went on to do almost exclusively low budget dramas and became an indie darling

I was confusing this with Derailed initially and was very confused