Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Just missed the VR thread buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah, it's basically a slightly more ridiculous version of the movies it's parodying. I wish it had more jokes but I'm a sucker for Kristin Bell so :shrug:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Did not care for The Batman. Mashup of a Se7en style crime suspense with superhero genre sort of landed us with the worst of both worlds. Not very logically consistent and totally lacking the depth of story to justify a 3 hour runtime. Worse than all that, it was mostly pretty boring.

Seriously, how are we supposed to reconcile 20% of all law enforcement in the city being on a gangster's payroll going unseen by Batman despite his doing his crime fighting bit for 2 years? Whole plot felt like a first draft they didn't bother to flesh out or reconcile inconsistencies. Acting was decent, but in service to nothing.

Batman spends all of his time beating up random bad guys, the whole movie showed he didn't know or do anything about the bigger fish or systemic issues of the city including his own family's past.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Probably the piss drinking one.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Shageletic posted:

You can do better

Can they? It's already too late to watch zero anime.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Also I'm pretty sure there's a sex scene in New Hellraiser so it's not totally sexless.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Never Have I Ever is also good.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

The Big Brunch show on HBO is good at least. It's very upfront about the fact that it was made so that Dan Levy can have multiple delicious brunches a day. But yeah, Dan is funny and all the chefs and judges are just nice people. They all help and support each other, a nice change of pace from other American cooking competitions. The food looks amazing too, don't watch it hungry.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Starks posted:

Watched The Stranger on Netflix and good loving god the scene with IVE GOT A BLACK LAKE IN MY EYE is gonna stick in my brain forever.

Which one?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Baron von Eevl posted:

Nah they changed a joke in one scene in a way that actually kind of becomes a better "screw the audience" type joke.

The original version has a character telling the dad "yeah, it was in and out, and I even got to keep em" with the implication that he was talking about getting neutered, then later the dad's saying his wife wants to keep her options open "but do we really want more of these things running around" before his kid runs into him. In the Disney version when it cuts back he's talking about getting teeth pulled.

There was an episode that wasn't released in America at first because it's entirely about farting, and that was dumb but I guess at least they eventually decided it was okay to put that one up too.

They did remove an episode where Bandit is 'pregnant', I don't think it's been added back yet.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

david_a posted:

I literally have no recollection at all that he was in Maniac.

He was one of the main characters, did you not watch it?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Patriot is great. I really wanted a third season but at the same time, I dunno if I could take it.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Jolo posted:

As someone who doesn't watch the show, it has been funny seeing people on Twitter post clips from it like: "I can't believe they did this!" and the clip is someone closing a laptop or leaning back in a chair.

I'm sure there's context if you're familiar with the show but as an outsider it's been pretty funny.

I can only assume it's referencing the scene where Roman accidentally sends a dick pic to his father.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Netflix also has good mobile games.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Inspector Hound posted:

Prospect, on Hulu, is good. An unlikely pair of space miners encounters trouble while trying to leave the planet they've been digging.

This is a good movie and it has Pedro Pascal.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Mrs. Davis' final episode aired and it's really really good. Betty Gilpin honestly deserves an Emmy for it. It's a ridiculous show but it mixes the humor and drama well. Chris Diamantopoulos especially was hilarious. I'm not sure if this is a true spoiler since it's more of a general show observation but I'll be on the safe side. I wasn't expecting it, being a Lindelof show but it's like an anti-Lost. All the major mysteries are answered and wrapped up in a satisfying manner. All the hints, themes and references are more just for flavor rather than pointing to some twist ending or deeper mystery.

If you have peacock, I'd highly recommend it.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

ymgve posted:

Are there any mystery box series where everything is explained and all viewers are satisfied?

I'll second Mrs. Davis. It's a weird, ridiculous show, definitely a different vibe than most other Lindelof ones but it's very good. Betty Gilpin should get an Emmy for it plus all the major mysteries are explained. I was satisfied plus one of the mysteries was hilarious but ymmv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Shageletic posted:

My grossed out weak spot is realistic surgurical body transfiguration. And I gather this movie is rife with that.

I liked Dogtooth tho.

Not much of a spoiler but just in case: they don't show how people are turned into animals and the animals themselves look normal.