Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Moon Knight gives me the same vibe of something like Red Notice, I can tell this was expensive but it looks pretty loving bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I'm gonna nerd out a little bit on the Dragon Show: Corlys Velaryon is a Velaryon, not a Targaryen. Two different families, both from the same region that was destroyed by a volcano. House Velaryon is apparently a vassal of House Targaryen but the show is of course getting into some political schemes.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I kind of gave up on Glass Onion because the movie wants you to think that incredibly stable hydrogen crystals that you can hold in the palm of your hand with enough energy density to propel a space shuttle is just like.... dumb?

That is a literal world saving technological breakthrough. Andi is clearly against the launch because she's a fossil fuel industry mole and therefore deserved what she got.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

It's a very nice idea.

Just like instant painless blood tests.

I mean, the movie shows it working. The dumbest part of its implementation is that it's apparently being used like natural gas lamps in 19th century London or Baltimore. I guess I was meant to realize all these lights aren't electric, but hydrogen lamps? Like Norton's character isn't just using these crystals to generate electricity, but burning the crystals themselves for light? Very confused script that needed anyone with any knowledge of science to read it over.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Wolfsheim posted:

Its magic gas you nerd

I mean, exactly my point. The script left the realm of the possible anyways so why not make the technology that Norton is bringing to market actually bad?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

A MIRACLE posted:

put on Triangle of Sadness. kinda hate it so far

I tolerated the first third, actively enjoyed the middle third, and just started browsing my phone for the last third. Triangle of Sadness needs some severe editing.

Like, say what you will about The Menu and Glass Onion, at least they were watchable.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Yeah I was surprised as well but Telemarketers is only 3 episodes long.

Seemed like it ended on the somewhat hopeless note where if you thought Telemarketing scams were difficult to stop when it was mainly Police abetting them, well now Politicians are in on the grift too so good loving luck.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

The halo show is terrible but the funniest thing is renaming the ships from Pelicans to CONDORS

I had to tap out from watching Halo even as a Halo nerd but a Condor is a real ship from the games, basically a Pelican that has a faster than light drive.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

Because a condor is a mighty bird and a pelican is a pelican

E: haha oh. I think I only played like three of them

Yeah, they were introduced in Halo Infinite - the last game.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

Was Master Chief psychically connected to Halos in any of the stuff?

In the games, nearly every human can interact with and activate the Precursor artifacts. Humans are the "Reclaimers", they were embedded with a genetic code that would make the Halo and precursor tech react to them - and it's a big reason why the Covenant religious leaders want to kill them all instead of integrating them into the Covenant like they do with most other aliens they encounter. Chief isn't special in that regard, humans as a species were chosen to inherit the "Mantle of Responsibility".

I really do not get why the show has deviated from this idea so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I was watching Netflix's adaptation of 3 Body Problem. A very serious early scene takes place in a cold prison cell. The loving CGI STEAMING BREATH that was in in every single shot hosed the entire scene up! I loving get it show, it's cold!