Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Comedy recommendations:
HBO Max:
Jellystone!, Peacemaker. The first is child friendly cartoon comedy with plenty of jokes for adults, the latter is a bloody comedy that showcases John Cena as a tremendous funnyman. And it has the best intro sequence in decades.

D+:
Ducktales, Ghost & Molly McGee. DuckTales is a traumatic saga of family, belonging and stupidity, and is a love letter to the Disney animated cartoons of the 80s and 90s, while improving on them in every way.

Ghost is a beautifully animated slight comedy with some really great thai and jewish representation. Plus every episode has a song, so you’re getting one every 11 minutes. Pilot is on YouTube.

Netflix:
Smash, a.k.a. Saturday morning All-Star hits. A morning show from the 90s with original cartoons that become something weirder and darker almost immediately. But not like negative dark where the joke is that it’s edgy.
How do you say Bobby’s world parody I never knew I needed, and the following exchange which me and my friend can’t stop cording:
ACTOR (looking at hideously bored focus group): So…
EXEC: kids don’t like you.
ACTOR: and is there a… Way to fix that?
EXEC: No.

Carmen Sandiego reboot: visually interesting, good to watch while babysitting, slow paced in terms of character development. Zack and Ivy are from Boston, inexplicably.

Peacock:
5Gether: if you like 30 rock, great news!, and Kimmy Schmidt, this is another of those shows. But if you seen all of those this isn’t doing very much new, give it a few episodes if you were really into the Spice Girls.

Saved by the bell reboot: Best show of the year every year. savages itself with deft awareness, while giving you a bunch of new characters to deal with. A bunch of kids from a South Central high school all go to Bayside, which provides contrast to the weird world where it’s still very much the 90s. (“While you’re taking a break from teenline, feel free to Chillax with the refreshing taste of Crystal Pepsi?”). Also has maybe the best line of dialogue I’ve ever heard, which is “If your dreams don’t scare you a little bit, are they even big enough? Sorry if that doesn’t help, I stole it from a pop-up that I saw for a dildo.”

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jan 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I’m getting into hacks. It’s a show about comedians and it’s funny so that’s enough to keep me on, plus there aren’t enough shows set in Vegas.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Tokelau All Star posted:

I hate hate that on my Roku TV i have to exit back to the loving homescreen settings to toggle subtitles on Disney+ and HBO Max, then go back in. Especially since the stuff I watch on those are most likely to have the loud as hell action scene vs library quiet talking scene volume swing.
Do you have the * on the remote? That works for my Roku Box.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Hacks is a great show, but the season finale “cliffhanger” what is something that was repeatedly handled in the first season. Multiple times.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

A MIRACLE posted:

What should I watch next

The Rocketeer