Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Aglet56 posted:

It's hard to talk about it without sounding like a pretentious rear end, but the Criterion Channel really is great. I agree with the observation that its lack of algorithm-based recommendations is very welcome. Just in the last few months, the old Robert Mitchum flicks that I've seen (Cape Fear, Night of the Hunter, Out of the Past) have been worth the cost. I will say that they do the Disney Vault poo poo where they constantly cycle content in and out of availability, which is annoying

Unlike the Disney Vault it feels less like them being jerks and more that it's a budgetary constraint, at least when it comes to stuff they don't distribute themselves (which is usually the bulk of what gets cycled in and out).

It's definitely the best streaming service out there though, their curation is top notch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It stinks that the only version of RRR on Netflix is dubbed into Hindi (the original version is Telugu and that's on a different streaming service) but hell, the movie rules so hard that I'm sure it's still a great time.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

As a man I love to "lean in" and watch scripted content by appointment only.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

HBO Max is culling its animation lineup https://twitter.com/CNschedules/status/1560051134185684992

There's a bunch of stuff on this list that was only available on HBO Max so for the time being there's no longer any legal way to watch, say, Infinity Train. poo poo sucks!