Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

in on the ground floor :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Medullah posted:

Man Ozark is a good show but it needs to be like half as many episodes. So much filler.

That ending though

Nah Ozark is good because it pays attention to the atmosphere and lets the tension build up slowly. There's also a fair bit of character work and it's nice to just have moments that focus on the relationships of specific characters. But it's all generally driving the plot forward, too.

Unlike Discovery where the plot just stops for them to do a Character Moment

edit: ^^^^^^^ Ok, that took you out of it, but the guy made of chrome in his chrome ship with his chrome weapons didn't bug you? Not even one bit?

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Like on one level I respect the guy, he clearly has an Aesthetic that he's shooting for huh

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Archive 81 really annoyed me about 15 minutes from the finale. Imagine being told that the world you're about to enter will be unfamiliar, and will work weirdly, and that a force will try to keep you there. And worse, there is a fricken time limit. And instead of looking at the loving memory of your sister and going "Oh I remember this. Must be a trick huh", you go "Oh, I'll sit down for dinner". Also like. Maybe the blue fuckin energy field is the thing you NEED to enter. And you should have walked through! Jesus.

It's such a played out trope and this fucker deserves everything that happened.