Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Only halfway through station 11, but yea it’s an incredible show. It’s honestly refreshing to see a mostly positive post apocalypse, and poo poo like having the rich famous woman come to terms with her loss of status, instead of wringing reheated drama out of it feels like something you don’t see often.

If any of this changes in the next few episodes,
I’m sure it’ll be done well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

OLD is on HBO Max and I can't tell if the stream is hosed up or it was filmed this way but 20 minutes in and the entire thing is super washed out and dark, like I'm watching it while wearing sunglasses

Also its ridiculous but I knew that going in

We said the same thing when it started too. We futzed with the picture settings on the TV and got it so we could see some of the characters faces. Just dogshit color grading, and a hilariously awful movie. It’s astonishing how awful it is.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

At one point in old, when the beach goes are putting the puzzle together, a dog dies out of frame. The very serious doctor character then exclaims

“But he was only just alive!”

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Whoa, look like the Northman is already on peacock, which I get for free with comcast. The vvitch is one of my favorite movies, so I’d wanna check out what the director does, but is it any good.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

A MIRACLE posted:

I’m watching the bear show. I love a good in your face creepazoid food service program. Lol I’m on ep 2 and Joel Mchale is the perfect rear end in a top hat fancy chef dickhead

The vibe of the show is really off putting. I get they are trying to capture the frenzy of a fast paced kitchen, and it’s only a half hour drama but man both episodes I watched were just non-stop yelling and 4 people shouting exposition in rapid succession. I don’t have a ton of hope they’ll do anything interesting with the premise.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Rings of power is not awful, which a good bar to clear.

Newest Jurassic world movie is unbelievably bad. Just a string of groany coincidences, poo poo fan service and mindmelding dinosaurs. How did anyone agree on that script.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

The black phone was surprisingly terrible. Ethan hawk gave a pretty good performance…I guess? I was suspicious when I saw joe hill, because I knew it would have flimsy and pointless light supernatural stuff that only served to make a dull premise less dull.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Barbarian had some real tonal whiplash in like 3 spots. The first 35 min appear to be a sharp modern thriller, then it segues into something a tad campier, and then it goes for trying to keep the camp, but monologuing to the camera about what it’s trying to say. Still pretty great though.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Medullah posted:

Netflix cancelled 1899. Man that show had potential only to throw it all away for the worst ending in forever

You’d think the dark guys would have more sway than that. I remember dark being one of the bigger, earlier viral hits, to the point where it’s still talked about at times for it’s craziness.

1899 kinda sucked tho, and I’m not shocked if the numbers were bad. It was a huge drag to get through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Pale blue eye is the definition of mediocrity. Someone before in this thread said that all or most Netflix films feel off in some way, like they shoot with a first draft of a script and it felt like this every minute of runtime.