Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Just started Vikings Valhalla on Netflix. It's a spinoff of Vikings set 100 years after season 6, dealing with Leif Eriksson and William the Conquered. We'll see how it goes, but I'm down for some shield walls and swordfights.

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Kingtheninja posted:

Can someone give me a blurb about how vikings ended? I think I missed the last session or two Ivar lost and fled kattegat I think was the last finale I saw.

Honestly might be better to look up recaps if you're really interested. They jammed a lot of stuff into 5 and 6.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

wizardofloneliness posted:

If anyone watches Sex Education, the actors who play Lily (the weird alien girl) and Ola (Lily’s gf, Otis’s ex-gf and kind of step-sister) have announced they’re not coming back for season 4. I don’t think they’ve officially said season 4 is the last season but I sure hope it is. A lot of the cast’s careers are taking off, so I’d expect them to lose even more if they make more seasons. I’m sure Ncuti Gatwa is going to be busy as Dr. Who and if he drops out they might as well just cancel the whole thing.

Man, I love that show and those characters. Did they say why they weren't coming back?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Prey was fantastic! Though Im starting to think these Predators might not be the master hunters we've been led to believe.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Halloween Ends is so loving bad. I’m a little over halfway and it’s not quite as bad as Kills yet, but it’s still impressive how they’ve managed to completely piss away all the good will generated by the 2018 movie.

Like, Halloween 2018 had to be a complete fluke at this point.

I did laugh at one thing: There’s graffiti on the bridge in the beginning that reads “Love lives today” in an obvious joke on EVIL DIES TONIGHT. Not entirely sure I’m willing to give the movie credit for it though after how many loving times we had to hear EVIL DIES TONIGHT in Kills though.

Came here to post about this. What the gently caress did I just watch?!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Nihonniboku posted:

I ended up deciding to watch the new Hellraiser last night without going back and watching the originals. While it was visually impressive, it was not a movie for me. I didn't find it particularly scary, but I watched the whole thing with my face all scrunched up. They almost went the route of the kill your gays trope, but only halfway in the end.

Yeah, I was just kinda bored through the whole thing.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes of Willow and am looking forward to more.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

withak posted:

Not to be that guy, but the new season of Letterkenny is pretty good.

My wife and I love Letterkenny but the first two episodes of this season have been a little rough. Hoping it picks up.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

New season of Vikings Valhalla is up on Netflix. If you liked season 1 or the original show you'll probably like this, too!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

If anyone is interested in a 90's classic, Speed is on Prime.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

New season of Warrior comes out this summer so I'm re-watching the first two. So good. Highly recommend it!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Final season of Reservation Dogs starts August 8th!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Man, Reservation Dogs is so damned good.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Is there a Reservation Dogs thread?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

My wife and I have been watching Heartstopper. It's pretty endearing.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

New season of Sex Education is out on Netflix. Hoping it stands up to the others!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Where does Bruno fit into all of this? Did he ever return?

We don't talk about Bruno!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

withak posted:

Reservation Dogs stuck the landing.

Came here to post this. Finale was just lovely.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

thatfuturekid posted:

Totally Killer was good, but never reached great to me, especially coming off re-watches Happy Death Day/2U, which are both really funny and demonstrate a better flow imo. But then we watched Haunted Mansion 2023 and oh boy, made me appreciate TK that much more.

I'm watching Happy Death Day for the first time due to this post. It's a weird movie. With the exception of like 2 or 3 characters everyone is absolutely awful. Especially the main character. I can only assume I'm supposed to be cheering for the killer here.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Blue Eyed Samurai was added to Netflix recently and it goes hard. Definitely goes for a Tarantino vibe.

6 episodes in and I'm having a great time with it.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

I'm only a few episodes in but I'm enjoying The Brothers Sun on Netflix. Michelle Yeoh and kung fu, always a good time!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Huh, my wife and I love Parks and Rec. Different strokes, and all.

I'm about 40 minutes into the new Road House and while it's no original, it's got its charms. I know they did a new technique with fight scenes but it also makes said fight scenes look a little weird to me. Also good to see Mikey from Justified again!

Has anyone watched Marlowe with Liam Neeson? Is it fun?

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 24, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Perestroika posted:

Was just about to post about this. It's been ages since I saw the original so I can't really tell how it compares, but taken on its own the new one was a good fun dumb time. But then again I just find Gyllenhall endlessly charming in everything he does, so I might be biased :allears:

This. It's this.