Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005
Thanks to everyone who recommended RRR. Several times I thought 'well, that's the peak for how insane a movie can get...' and I kept being wrong.

With 'The Bear' I need someone to explain part to me So it turns out that the brother borrowed 300k and hid it in tomato cans... so Bear is basically at even because he still owes the gangster 300k, but the plan is to use the 300k to refit the place and make it good, so they can make enough to pay off the 300k? I feel like I missed something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005

A MIRACLE posted:

we own this city is kinda a slog and im probably not going to finish it. good performances tho

For sure, but I watched it all because I just love Jon Bernthal as a crooked cop. I don't know if you really miss anything if you fast forward through the parts that he isn't in. It's a bunch of lawyers and officials rehashing the same conversation of 'can you believe how corrupt these Baltimore cops are?!'; ya, we all watched the news/The Wire, we get it.

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005

A MIRACLE posted:

re murder at the end the of the world the killer is obviously the smart house ai :smugdog:

lol this episode "there's a lot of black ice" *drives even faster*

I want to like this show, but the main characters are sooo loving stupid it's really tough. Doubly so because the show is constantly tell us what absolute world class geniuses they all are.

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005

Medullah posted:

Tonight's episode made me grab my head and say "what in the gently caress are you doing" at the end.

Hmmm, there's a murderer on the loose and I get a mysterious message to meet alone at the pool. Hey, no better time than to take a swim....

I had given up on it, but after this post I watched the current episode. You are really underselling how stupid it was. A wild double feature with the current season of Fargo, which is great.

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005

misguided rage posted:

And it was incredibly stupid

The tag line should be something like 'It takes the dumbest character around to unravel a mystery much stupider than you could possibly imagine!'

I deeply regret finishing it after is started dragging a couple episodes in and I initially stopped watching.

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005
Watching Road House made me wonder why is CGI so loving bad these days. The fight scenes look so terrible when they transition to CGI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005
What are they spending the money on? Road House is reported to have cost 85 million. Surely there is a limit to how much cocaine Conner can do on set and they could spend some on CGI?!