Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Crimea river

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Sid Vicious posted:

what countries!?!?

I don’t want to say or Putin might annex them too. :ohdear:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I don’t want to say or Putin might annex them too. :ohdear:

nyeeet

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
didnt this happen in like 2014 that was reported for like 2 days then mysteriously stopped as far as news goes

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Why would anyone even want Ukraine

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Devils Affricate posted:

Why would anyone even want Ukraine

If you ask most goons, the answer would be because the women are hot

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I like how the justification for this is "We don't want them coming to you for protection NATO, so we're going to invade them"

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Do you know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

So on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being two barns get blown up and everybody just angrily eyes each other for four months but nothing really happens with 10 being one of the top five most successful military campaigns in history steamrolling at least 75% of the country in less than a week how much of an invasion are we talking

dk2m
May 6, 2009

EorayMel posted:

didnt this happen in like 2014 that was reported for like 2 days then mysteriously stopped as far as news goes

Russia instigated separatist groups that were already ethnically Russian along the border and in Crimea, they were supported by the state and most likely had Russian forces imbedded under the cover

The news is still very much ongoing since 2014 if you’re not American, people are dying/injured along the front every day as the official ceasefires are violated all the time

Here’s ukraines official governments take on it

https://twitter.com/ukraine/status/1467480400939335682?s=21

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DrSunshine posted:

Only if we consider Ukraine to be part of Europe, if we don't then we're all good, folks!! :haw:

i mean, give it a month and it won't be part of europe anymore

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Mozi posted:

why do we have all these nukes lying around if we're never gonna use'em

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Cool im always saying we should have a snow war. Tired of this call of duty modern warfare desert poo poo

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

They tested it several years ago op, I'm sorry you weren't paying attention.
Russia does this every decade or so to see what we can respond with and then pulls a 'mea culpa', except when it doesn't and we just let them keep whatever it is they're posturing over.

In other words, calm down.

lol 'we' like we have any say in this

the council of plebs votes 'yay' to brutal 21st century warfare between peers! It'll be loving rad, can't wait to get hit by that Russian thermobaric artillary TOS-1 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOS-1

imagine the civilian casualties if that was used on an urban centre???? HNNNNHGHH im CUMMYING

get SOME!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you better believe the sanctions are gonna be rough, mr putin

why, we're talking about no more access to bank of america. and if that's not bad enough, you're not gonna be able activate windows anymore either. we may even recall some of our diplomatic spies from your country!!

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

lets see some of those wacky new russian missiles

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bonzo posted:

Wonder if Microsoft is now working on Call Of Duty: Ukraine

Dude!

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Not if I invade it first!!!

I'm going to invade Ukraine right now try to stop me mister Putin, if that is your real name.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I hope cooler heads prevail and everyone stays safe

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
This thread crossed with the starting a band thread and I play the Ukeraineraine like some twee dipshit

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

all the Ukrainian soldiers are like 35 years old at this point im putting my money on the ruskies and their friends in donbass

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I hope cooler heads prevail and everyone stays safe

I hope really interesting poo poo happens but not in a way that can inconvenience me! :black101:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
on one hand, an unprovoked invasion meant to seize territory. on the other hand, the country that is being invaded is governed by literal swastika-clad nazis who were installed, funded and armed by the us government.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
We've been waiting for a dang near century for a good old fashioned thermonuclear exchange, it's just not natural to make someone (Kissinger) edge for this long!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7-dxzp6Jvs

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Whats on her face

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I like donetsk and Luhansk theyre scrappy and they make guns out of garbage. In it for the love of the game. Good luck out there guys

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Whats on her face

a buttfor

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Isnt ukraine basically just russians but also nazis anyway :shrug:

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Whats on her face

It's a nose support brace. Very common in Ukraine.

dk2m
May 6, 2009

A good old fashioned dance off to prevent a chain of events that leads to nuclear war is what needs to happen

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Nooner posted:

some of them are and some of them arent but the Russian ones usually arent the same as the nazi ones

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Whats on her face

That is a bofadeez.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

LuckyCat posted:

That is a bofadeez.

whats her buttfor? bofadeez?

dk2m
May 6, 2009

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

some of them are and some of them arent but the Russian ones usually arent the same as the nazi ones

Many of the forces that are now part of the regular Ukrainian army started off as militias or volunteer battalions - some are Muslim fundamentalist groups and some are hardcore neo-Nazis. The Ukrainian gov is always embarrassed to admit that their most effective fighting forces would be nazi collaborators which makes this whole conflict even more spicy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Battalion

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/ukraine-russia-muslim-fighters-prepare-battle-war

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Nooner posted:

Good thing Russia is here to fight the Nazis with its crack mercenary squad Wagner, staffed by shaven headed master racers and named after Hitler's favourite composer :smugdon:

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Sid Vicious posted:

where else will i find women who wear fox tail butt plugs and say nyet

pm me

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
this aint the first coventional land war of the 21st century, op. russia invaded georgia in the aughts

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

dk2m posted:

Many of the forces that are now part of the regular Ukrainian army started off as militias or volunteer battalions - some are Muslim fundamentalist groups and some are hardcore neo-Nazis. The Ukrainian gov is always embarrassed to admit that their most effective fighting forces would be nazi collaborators which makes this whole conflict even more spicy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Battalion

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/ukraine-russia-muslim-fighters-prepare-battle-war

yeah ukraine’s army is more and more a patchwork of insane paramilitaries and foreign advisors now that they have so much difficulty recruiting people through the normal channels. I used to be a real ukraine conflict knower back when I paid more attention to politics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Presumably volunteers for the regular military are thin on the ground, signing up to die against a superior force and get abandoned by the US the same way it has abandoned every other ally it ever had