Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

THS2 posted:

why in the gently caress is the US there at all??

Requesting source for US troops in Ukraine

Or do you just mean "US involvement in any form"? Countries are all up in each other's business, it's a thing. Russia is quite good at that game, they really have no basis to judge others for playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

THS2 posted:

shut the gently caress up. i'm single handedly trying to keep the US from launching a loving war. and the least you could do is support that.

gently caress it, you win.

I will call Biden and tell him we have decided to call off the war.

:phoneb::phoneline::phone:

That was rude. He says you are a Russian asset on 37 government watchlists and that he is going to wipe out the last bastion of freedom on Earth, Moscow, and usher in a 1000 year reign of Arachno-Bidenism.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Something something something isolationism, except I really doubt the us will start a fight with a nuclear power

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1EtE7r-hVM

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Xenocides posted:

gently caress it, you win.

I will call Biden and tell him we have decided to call off the war.

:phoneb::phoneline::phone:

That was rude. He says you are a Russian asset on 37 government watchlists and that he is going to wipe out the last bastion of freedom on Earth, Moscow, and usher in a 1000 year reign of Arachno-Bidenism.

:hmbol:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Iraq war would have been cool and good if US made Iraq 69th state afterward imo

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

Wait what, people in this thread really think the US should stick it's stupid dick into another blender like half a year after they got their asses kicked out of the graveyard of empires by a bunch of religious fundamentalists carrying old American-supplied weapons from the cold war?

That's hilarious.

Who could possibly care if Russia invades the modern capital of neo-nazism?

Because it’s a bad policy to let countries invade each other without at least the very pretense of casus belli.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
This thread is popping the hell off

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Wendigee posted:

Something something something isolationism, except I really doubt the us will start a fight with a nuclear power

Proxy fight. It’s different. Different.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

You already posted that. It was mean to make them eat Subway I guess

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You all seem like total psychos. Farewell

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

US should invade Canada in retaliation

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I'm extremely opposed to deploying US troops to Ukraine.

Giving them weapons, most definitely. No way we don't have a couple C-17's worth of antitank missiles nearing their expiration date.

And I saw some satellite imagery of Russian armor and vehicle staging. Well, I'm hoping that if those huge staging areas start emptying out some people in Ukraine know about it 5 minutes after the image gets downlinke. No troops on the ground at all. You can hardly fault the US for taking a digital photograph and sharing it.

Uncle Enzo fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 24, 2022

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Colonel Cancer posted:

Iraq war would have been cool and good if US made Iraq 69th state afterward imo

Would have resulted in Governor of Iraq Sheik Barack Super-Allah Obama.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit

Betty Wight posted:

Because it’s a bad policy to let countries invade each other without at least the very pretense of casus belli.

I mean uhh by this logic Russia should have gone to war with the US when they invaded Afghanistan. And Iraq.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

If you trust anything the US says about any foreign country you’re a rube of the highest order

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Sex Farm posted:

i love war

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Betty Wight posted:

Would have resulted in Governor of Iraq Sheik Barack Super-Allah Obama.

:haibrower:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

give the user "an egg" some time, I think things will get sorted out

BRICKFACE
Apr 20, 2002

I BITE

Xenocides posted:

Arachno-Bidenism.

more about this pls

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

I mean uhh by this logic Russia should have gone to war with the US when they invaded Afghanistan. And Iraq.

Afghanistan we at least could argue bin laden was there. But we really had no excuse for Iraq other than Dick “Halliburton” Cheney.

We really should have some leaders charged with war crimes over that. Like at a minimum.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Why won't China, the ruling superpower of this century, do something about this?!?

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

If they'd made some credible threats to back those states I doubt the US would have invaded them, and the world would be a better place. Russia absolutely speaks up when they give a poo poo

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Pablo Nergigante posted:

If you trust anything the US says about any foreign country you’re a rube of the highest order

You just did your parting shot then came back. Fly away nerd.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7dMhGMx-i0

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit

Betty Wight posted:

Afghanistan we at least could argue bin laden was there. But we really had no excuse for Iraq other than Dick “Halliburton” Cheney.

We really should have some leaders charged with war crimes over that. Like at a minimum.

The Taliban offered to hand over Bin Laden on September 12, and the US was perfectly well aware that 9/11 was the result of Saudi funding and operatives. It would have been smarter and less destructive to do literally nothing in response to 9/11, much less flip out and kill a million people for no reason.

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Uncle Enzo posted:

If they'd made some credible threats to back those states I doubt the US would have invaded them, and the world would be a better place. Russia absolutely speaks up when they give a poo poo

Didn’t France also say Iraq war 2 was dumb and that’s why there was all the “freedom fries” poo poo?

France and the French are our dearest friends from the old country. Sorry that we do dumb things sometimes.

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

The Taliban offered to hand over Bin Laden on September 12, and the US was perfectly well aware that 9/11 was the result of Saudi funding and operatives. It would have been smarter and less destructive to do literally nothing in response to 9/11, much less flip out and kill a million people for no reason.

I actually would think the US would have justification to devour the house of saud. It still does in my mind. Give it to Iran.

Edit: because Iran would at least be a better powerbroker in the region.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Betty Wight posted:

You just did your parting shot then came back. Fly away nerd.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

the US literally murdered millions of arabs lol

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

THS2 posted:

the US literally murdered millions of arabs lol

An incredible K:D ratio.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

BRICKFACE posted:

more about this pls

Arachno-Bidenism according to the great minds of Reddit:

“He [Biden] knows that to overthrow the rich, we need to kill all non-black spiders, because they eat the grain. This is where the commonly misunderstood phrase "If you don't vote for me, then you ain't black" comes in. While most humans interpreted this as him saying that African-American Trump voters were race traitors, the real message was a threat to the spider community.”

“The true goal of the far left antifa invaders, to kill our american made spiders and replace them with communist anarchist antifa spiders!”

I assume that there are also communist anarchist Antifa super-spiders that will serve as mounts for the Antifa supersoldiers when we invade Moscow. None of those spiders will be black of course.

Xenocides fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jan 24, 2022

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

blight rhino posted:

wheres the numbers

millions

not saying we didnt gently caress poo poo up. but, you keep mentioning millions

Almost a million directly killed according to this. By the time you add deaths from malnutrition, starvation, lack of clean drinking water etc...

https://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/costs/human

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

Who could possibly care if Russia invades the modern capital of neo-nazism?

Nobody is talking about Russia invading America

Colonel Cancer posted:

US should invade Canada in retaliation

The Canada.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Millions huh? Are you sure it wasn't closer to like four hundred thousand?

Because that's much lower number and not a big deal at all you see

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

Wendigee posted:

Millions huh? Are you sure it wasn't closer to like four hundred thousand?

Because that's much lower number and not a big deal at all you see

gently caress you. the numbers are real

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Weka posted:

Nobody is talking about Russia invading Poland.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit

Betty Wight posted:

I actually would think the US would have justification to devour the house of saud. It still does in my mind. Give it to Iran.

Edit: because Iran would at least be a better powerbroker in the region.

I certainly can't disagree that the house of Saud should be destroyed and that Iran is less terrible by far.

Anyways I guess the main point is that it is extremely funny that so many people who have no idea why Ukraine exists and think that it's a legitimate country for some reason think that it matters either way if Russia invades.

Some conservative capitalist dictatorship invading the terrible cryptofascist country next door isn't really much reason for the US to get involved, who cares lol

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

Betty Wight posted:

An incredible K:D ratio.

Fun fact, any troop you ask about their K:D ratio can't answer because they're still alive, thus their number of deaths is zero, making the denominator zero and the ratio undefined. I guess you could say they'll only die once so call it one death but that leaves out the potential for more killing as well as reincarnation.

Although reincarnation even once would halve your K:D ratio. Strong argument against it imo

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

sad to see a man post so angrily on gods day, the day of rest

Chun Saturday is held to be the sabbath by every church apart from iirc some weirdo Americans. I thought you said you were a big bible fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Dcgq9ri-c