Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Is there no way to just move data wholesale from a GSuite account directly into a Google account?

I was paying for email from Beyondunreal years ago (because my university email was about to get nuked and Gmail didn't exist yet) when they suddenly moved everyone onto the Google platform for free. There was a hiccup with their POP server 4 years ago prompting me to make a fallback Gmail account but since it came back online 5 days later I kept things as usual.

Now D-Day is approaching and since I don't control the GSuite account I have no way to continue using it past August 1st.

I'm aware there's Google Takeout but that only downloads stuff to offline. Do they seriously not support moving stuff laterally across accounts? I'm triple annoyed by this because there's one channel that I have a subscription on on Youtube it's Gudetama and if there's no option to move it over, and on top of that lose all my years of watch history, that's just going to be poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Navaash posted:

I'm aware there's Google Takeout but that only downloads stuff to offline. Do they seriously not support moving stuff laterally across accounts? I'm triple annoyed by this because there's one channel that I have a subscription on on Youtube it's Gudetama and if there's no option to move it over, and on top of that lose all my years of watch history, that's just going to be poo poo.

Google is probably purposely being a pain in the rear end. They have a transfer tool that you can use if you're leaving a University that uses gmail https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6386856

Their transfer tool has been poo poo in the recent past though. If you tried to transfer out email, it would fail. We had to re-enable POP so people could make a copy of their email.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Inept posted:

Google is probably purposely being a pain in the rear end. They have a transfer tool that you can use if you're leaving a University that uses gmail https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6386856

"Transfer Your Content is only available to authorized G Suite for Education Accounts. Please contact your administrator, or sign in with another Google Account."

Welp. Seriously, to hell with whoever signed off on this decision.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

I missed the June switchover date for my barely-used email domain but looks like the free non-commercial option may still be available. It says I'll have a month to switch after the automatic transition to the business version.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Baby Proof posted:

I missed the June switchover date for my barely-used email domain but looks like the free non-commercial option may still be available. It says I'll have a month to switch after the automatic transition to the business version.

Me too! I ignored the emails and then they were finally saying I had until Sept 8th to sort out my billing information or I'd be canned.

Set up my billing information then clicked https://admin.google.com/ac/billing/legacytransition which let me stay on the free version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Can anyone confirm that their alternate emails for the domains are working?

For some reason my "admin@domain.com" email is working perfectly fine but none of the other @domain.com emails are working at all.