Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Also Referee Incompetence for Mike Beltran in Frevola Valdez UFC 270 allowing a fighter to take officially 4 (I counted 7) knockdowns and then a back mount GNP before stepping in to stop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Submission of the Year - Said Nurmagomedov snags a high-wrist guillotine on Cody Stamann at UFC 270

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PleasantOrderlyAfghanhound-mobile.mp4

It was especially sweet because another guy who called himself something like "the guillotine master" went like 0-12 on guillotines earlier in the night and lost a decision.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

evilpicard posted:

Drew Dober comeback of the year finishing McKinney after being out on his feet

Also round of the year

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Foul of the Year Fight Night Lemos vs Andrade Dean Barry Spinning back kick to Mike Jackson's balls
Foul of the Year Fight Night Lemos vs Andrade Dean Barry treats Mike Jackson's eye socket like a bowling ball

Upset of the Year Fight Night Lemos vs Andrade Mike Jackson beats Dean Barry by DQ (+700 underdog wins)

MMA Comedy of the Year Mike Jackson (of the CM Punk fight) beats Dean Barry by DQ

Good Reffing of the Year Chris Togioni DQs Dean Barry for two foul of the year-tier fouls

Dumb Career Moves Dean Barry manages to lose to the second-worst fighter ever signed to the UFC because he can't stop fouling him

Bad Commentary of the Year DC calls the refs cowards for being afraid to DQ Dean Barry just as the DQ is being announced

Honourable Mention Fight of the Year Mike Jackson vs Dean Barry - it got seven other nominations this poo poo is worth watching

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Submission of the year - UFC 278 Brandon Royval chokes out Matt Schnell with a highly technical, basically one-arm, guillotine.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

evilpicard posted:

Yeah that was a pretty great sequence, idk if I would put it ahead of Andraj's standing triangle but top 5 this year so far.

My theory is nominate now, vote later. It was one of those subs that I appreciate as a grappler; Andrade's is one of those ones that I appreciate as a fight watcher.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Honourable Mention FOTY Costa vs Rockhold

e. Foul of the Year Costa lands a bus driver uppercut straight to Rockhold's sack

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fentry posted:

KO of the Year: Irene Aldana vs Macy Chiasson, Upkick to the Liver, UFC 279

Any KO that I have legit never seen before is an auto nomination

Maybe we need an award for the "What the gently caress was that crazy poo poo" finish/highlight of the year

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

not to be a naysayer more just to start conversation - the Gore-Fremd finish makes me wonder if we should have a "Finish of the year" because I always think of "Submission of the year" being for excellence in technical grappling which that definitely was not, however cool it was. It would give room for finishes which are like cool TKOs or club 'n sub finishes or other things that are rad but don't really fit in for "KO of the year" or "Sub of the year"

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I feel as if those things are artificial if they get to the title shot and don't look as if they belong there. I never begrudge pro sports going for what sells tickets so long as there's still some true competition behind it. It's not as if they gave Logan Paul a title shot off of two wins against guys for whom the commentary was like "dude this guy used to be 400 lb that's how you know he's a hard worker"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

COPE 27 posted:

Obligatory Dumbest Career Move James Krause so blatantly leaking insider information about his fighters that he ended his gambling/coaching career, got at least one of his fighter's cut, put the future of sports betting into question, put a PPV into jeopardy, and forced a number of fighters to choose between losing a paycheque or taking a giant risk with a last minute camp change.

Nomination for comedy in MMA but you can only vote for it in one or the other category